Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,721 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? (1425 Views)

Throwback: Igbomen Will Suck You Dry, They Are Not Good Husbands- Uju Anya / I'm Not Moved With Pressure, Threats From Western Associates. Uju Anya / Civil Engineer, What Does This Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Oluchukwu650(m): 9:08am On Jan 09, 2019
Elders pls talk to me!!!
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by abdeiz(m): 9:12am On Jan 09, 2019
You only believe that you are not good at Maths. You are the one restricting yourself.

Instead of wallowing in your inability to do maths. Take a Maths textbook, seek for a teacher, go the extra length to know maths..

Genius is simply just inflamed enthusiasm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Calypsol: 9:19am On Jan 09, 2019
Trust me, I was like you, until I had no option left than to learn math, until you have a reason to learn math when you don't like it then you probably won't know it for the rest of your life, so if your passion is to be an engineer, learn math. I will show you where you can easily learn it from scratch online, were I learnt mine about a year ago. Math is fun to be honest. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/20-websites-need-learn-math-step-step/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by CHRISTIANJEEH: 9:25am On Jan 09, 2019
first if all you have to believe that with God "nothing shall be impossible". make out time to read maths ,look for maths textbooks that gives some explanation before delving into calculations .having Extra moral lectures with tutorials in the campus will be of help.
Goodluck to you
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Randy100: 11:02am On Jan 09, 2019
If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by princealexndre(m): 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
Do yourself
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Paxie55: 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2019
It's about practice and consistency.

I hated further maths when I was in secondary school, didn't have knowledge of it till ss3, that was when I developed interest in studying further maths cos I wanted to be an Engr.
It wasn't easy but constant practice and prayers help alot.
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oluchukwu650:
Elders pls talk to me!!!
Not possible go and study any art course of your choice. You can't separate mathematics from science neither can it be on engineering. Engineering and mathematics are brother and sister
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Martinez19(m): 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2019
Get these books and read them in the chronological order.

1) Algebra and trigonometry by Michael Sullivan.
2) Pre-calculus by Ron Larson
3) Calculus by Ron Larson, Edwards & Hostetlar.

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by IjebuWarrior: 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
You're not good at Maths cuz you said so NOT, cuz you can't make yourself good.

Oya, get out and start working some math problems! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by SexExpert(m): 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oluchukwu650:
Elders pls talk to me!!!

Math is a skill.

Learn it.

But, you must start from where your level of understanding is. it may be JSS or SSS level.

And, you should get a good private teacher if you can afford it. Otherwise, get a friend who is great at math to teach you.
You can also learn online.

Whatever the case, you must be willing to spend both time (and money where necessary).

In case you want the easy route, you can give up engineering.
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Ajibaba101(m): 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2019
Bro put your heart with it math is life it not that complicated
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by uckennety(m): 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
Go do apprenticeship at any company you grow there
Then every year do a program at ITF(industrial training fund)

Attend siwes classes

Once you v the skills of the engineering field you want! The ITF certificates to back it up your an engineer

Remember the 1st oil drillers wasn't engineers but american prisoners

Go to the oil rig today most drillers didn't get the title via a university degree

Research about this!

1st mechanic engineers didn't study it in skool

Neither did they wright brothers that built the 1st aeroplane
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by MKULTRA: 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2019
Engineering is not all about math

Most important is the ability to think out of the box

Trust me
best mathematians in history don't have that luxury to think out of the box
And most great inventors in history are not super good in maths.
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by jesmond3945: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2019
MKULTRA:
Engineering is not all about math

Most important is the ability to think out of the box

Trust me
best mathematians in history don't have that luxury to think out of the box
And most great inventors in history are not super good in maths.
what do you mean? If he doesnt horn his Maths skills well enough he should not bother coming to Engineering because he would cry. Engineering is not only mathematical but expiremental thats what I think you are driving at but as far as University is concerned Engineering is heavily mathematical. It is the Mathematics that would even help you think outside the box.
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Oluchukwu650(m): 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2019
Am loving ur encouragement guys
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Oluchukwu650(m): 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2019
Bro easy with me
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Oluchukwu650(m): 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2019
Don't forget that am a science stud
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by Oluchukwu650(m): 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2019
But it will affect ur gp in school
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by lordizak(m): 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2019
What u should do?

Don't be an engineer.
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by silentEXPLOSION: 10:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
mechanic
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by kennyjam: 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
beat or join them
Re: I'm Not Good At Maths But I Want To Be An Engineer,what Should I Do? by MKULTRA: 12:06am On Jan 10, 2019
Resener18:

Stop spewing Strash. I studied mechanical engineering and we did 80% maths related courses

In fact engineering maths is harder than the maths he didn’t even know lol

Check my signature
With all the engineering maths you've studied, what have you been able to produce or invented or your MAGNUM OPUS in the field of mech engineering.

But you didn't understand where I was going
i never said knowing math was not necessary, what I pointed out was for him able to think outside the box which is very important in the modern world of engineering.

But won't blame you but a system that focus more on outdated method education.

(1) (Reply)

Ending ASUU Strike Not One Priority But 2019 Election-fg Said / How Do You Complete Projects On Time? 5 Steps | Projectng / Come In And Measure Your IQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.