Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love (722 Views)

Man Shares His Experience With The Real Boyfriend Of Girl He's Dating / Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love / Will You Tell Your Friend, You Have Slept With The Girl He Is About To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by Just2endowed2(m): 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2019
A man who wanted to break up with his girlfriend ended up accidentally proposing to her with the ring he had intended to give to a love interest, he had been dating secretly at work.

The man, a Reddit user named Propermistakeregret, said the last new year’s eve was a nightmare for him, as it was the time, he mistakenly proposed to his longtime girlfriend, whom he had intended to break up with. He placed a portion of the blame on alcohol though, reports Metro UK.

He shared his story with fellow Redditors and how much he regretted it. He said, “I’m seeing someone else, wanted to break up with her. I bought the ring for a work colleague, wasn’t planning to propose until the holiday we planned.

“During New Year’s Eve, I proposed to my girlfriend. It’s been posted on my friend’s Snapchat, my girlfriend’s Facebook page, everywhere.

“I saw people proposing so I wanted to go with the flow and proposed to my girlfriend whilst partially pissed. Can I get the ring back and cancel the engagement please?”

Unfortunately, law experts on Reddit explained, it wouldn’t be possible for him to get the ring back unless perhaps it costs a fortune and he was able to show that he was so intoxicated that he lacked legal capacity to offer a gift.

After a few unforgiving comments from users including pleas for the poster to see a therapist, he posted an update, that he is now marrying his original girlfriend.

He said, “I’ve had a long and hard think to myself, I decided to hand in my four-week notice to my boss and start afresh.

“I think it’s best my girlfriend doesn’t find out about the affair, I’ve been having so I’ve spoken to my colleague and told her I’m not going on holiday with her and I’ve ended it with her.

“I’ve known my girlfriend longer and my mum gave me a call saying she’s happy and she’s always wanted grandchildren and whatnot, so I didn’t want to disappoint my mum. I’m going to marry my girlfriend.”

https://punchng.com/man-mistakenly-proposes-to-girl-he-wanted-to-dump-using-ring-meant-for-new-lover/
Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by Just2endowed2(m): 2:08pm On Jan 09, 2019
maybe its for the best
Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by DuchessLily(f): 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2019
That's how devil punish people.. Lol

Man proposes ... ....

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by Just2endowed2(m): 2:33pm On Jan 09, 2019
DuchessLily:
That's how devil punish people.. Lol

Man proposes ... ....

the long term girlfriend he wanted to dump was the one he eventually settled with. its a good thing though but the long term girlfriend that had been good to him all this while must not find out. grin
Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by bigkahuna704(m): 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
Lol
Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by kiddoiLL(m): 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
He should ve just laughed and claim it's a prank, act it out for no matter how long and keep ringing it to her ear that the proposal was a prank...she might end up breaking up with him herself for pulling such stunt
Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by kiddoiLL(m): 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
bigkahuna704:
The Guy No Sharp. Wey Format Full Ground. Might Even Be Fake News.
Na mumu, him no sharp... Him no resemble awon omo wobe
Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by ValCon888: 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
1. She avoided a breakup with long-term bf.

2. She got the ring originally meant for the side chic.

3. Bf mysteriously comes to his senses and breaks up
with side chic.

4. Bf finally proposes to her.

Her juju deserves an accolade

Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by bigkahuna704(m): 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2019
kiddoiLL:
Na mumu, him no sharp... Him no resemble awon omo wobe
He Is Not A yoruba Demon Ni. Massive Respect To Those Guys. They Are The Real MVP.
Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by bigkahuna704(m): 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
kiddoiLL:
He should ve just laughed and claim it's a prank, act it out for no matter how long and keep ringing it to her ear that the proposal was a prank...she might end up breaking up with him herself for pulling such stunt
Smooth
Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2019
watch as girls go gaga for big dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUdbT-vEAqk
Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by daviesblaze(m): 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2019
When your Village People want to make your life miserable

But you Happen to serve a living God grin grin

GOD'S PLAN cool
Re: Man Mistakenly Proposes To Girl He Wanted To Dump, Using Ring Meant For New Love by Just2endowed2(m): 6:18pm On Jan 09, 2019
Dominique its fp worthy, don't you think?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Go Unclad To Prove Their Body Is Good See This Ones / Advice For ALL Ladies / Harshest Break-up Ever, I Waited In Vain On The Day Of My Trad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.