Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Ja Funmi - Sunny Ade - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ja Funmi - Sunny Ade (1200 Views)

Pastor Ade Abraham: Why I Charge My Church Members N310K To Fly Them To Heaven / Pastor Ade Abraham Charges Congregation ₦310,000 Each To 'Fly Them To Heaven' / Saying Hello Is A Sin - Mummy G.O, Funmi Adebayo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ja Funmi - Sunny Ade by budaatum: 4:16am On Jan 10, 2019
English translation required please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBxreBgrJSA
Re: Ja Funmi - Sunny Ade by budaatum: 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2019
Amazingly, no lyrics exist in Yoruba for this song! So please, if anyone can provide in Yoruba, I will gratefully post it on lyric sites crediting you.
Re: Ja Funmi - Sunny Ade by PastorAIO: 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2019
ladionline:
Now this is where it gets "voodooical". Everybody is interested here.

Ori is Yoruba equivalent for God, as used in the proverb, ori lonishe... Note that they did not say "Ori-nu", (translated roughly as luck or individual aura) which is different from "Ori" that is Head. Whenever we see Ori- and -Eda together, we know its duality of man and his creator. To the Yoruba, this goes together: Ori mi ye o jah! Ja funmi, eda mi ye o jah! Ja funmi.

Oni kaluku lo leleda tie

Everyone has his or her own Creator? Not particularly. Olorun-Eleda is an established phrase in Yoruba lexicon. People says, Tobaw'oluwa, Tobaw'Ori, Tobaw'Eleda mi. Eda is Yoruba homonym for replica or copy of the original. We are all replica of the creator, that make us his creation or each of us is a copy of the maker. When the Yoruba says Onikaluku lo leleda tie, (everyman with his own god?) they were saying everyone represent his maker, or everyone is a replica of the maker.

Its simple but not really simple once personal agenda is heavily enmeshed. But the truth should not always elude us forever, the value of the truth is to be found when needed, not when it's need is stale.

Ok for now. Again my name is Ladi, this is what I do, "word processing". It is a sweet science.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Balance Spirituality And Academics / I Stand Against The Total Closure Of Worship Center / Coronavirus Healed In Spain By God Of Chosen (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.