Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong (2687 Views)

VIDEO: Dubai’s Smart Trees Have Wifi And Can Charge Your Phone / We've Been Charging Our Smartphones Wrong All This Time. / The Right Way To Charge Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by felasey1(m): 8:36am On Jan 10, 2019
We are all accustomed to plugging our phones in to charge them up next to our beds before we go to sleep.

It helps make sure you wake up with a device ready to go and one which will last throughout the day, or until lunch-time at least depending on how many apps you are using.

But, apparently, this isn't the right way to charge your phone and help its battery life prosper.

a company that offers devices that test smartphone and other batteries, runs a free educational website called battery university,
offers a host of tips for prolonging the life of your phone.

Don't let your phone run out before you plug it in

We're often told that you should fully deplete your battery before you charge it right back up again.

Again, this isn't ideal.

According to the experts, a "deep-discharge" where you run it down to a fraction of its power is actually bad for batteries and will wear them out quicker.

Charge your phone little and often

We're all used to plugging in our mobiles for the long, overnight charge.

But it turns out that juicing up frequently and in small doses might actually be the best option for your battery's health.
It doesn't matter if you only charge up 10% or 20% as, according to Battery University: "artial charges cause no harm."
Keep your phone's battery between 65% and 75%

It turns out there's an optimal point to maintain your phone's power - kind of like the optimal speed limit for burning gas and covering distance in a car.

According to the team at Battery University, the sweet spot is between 65% and 75% of your battery's full charge.
Best keep that power pack handy

Never fully charge your battery

This one might seem a bit counter-intuitive - but it appears that you should never charge your phone up to 100%.

That's because modern lithium-ion batteries do "not need to be fully charged, nor is it desirable to do so."
The website states: "In fact, it is better not to fully charge, because a high voltage stresses the battery".

You don't need to remove the charger when it's full

If you do decide to ignore the point above, the good news is that you don't have to remove the phone after you've hit 100%.

Battery University points out that the charger automatically turns off when it hits 100% so you're not doing any extra damage by leaving it connected to your device.

That being said, if you're not doing the battery any good by keeping it at 100%, it might be best to leave it alone overnight.

http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/352/939655
Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by josh1st(m): 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
New method /version every now and then.
Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by Satan66(m): 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
Rubbish, I use my phone the way I want.
Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by Ufedolove: 12:20am On Jan 11, 2019
Mtchew! I didn't buy the phone so that I'll serve it

1 Like

Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 11, 2019
Satan66:
Rubbish, I use my phone the way I want.
That’s a typical Blackman
Always showing signs of Weakness
Always Quick at Backing out, No resilience.
Always Quick at destroying things.
Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by hyfr(m): 1:47am On Jan 11, 2019
EVILFOREST:

do u have any beef with that guy? And besides what do u mean by blackman? It's lots like you that encourage racism but your lousy brain wouldn't tell u that
Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by nedubest(m): 2:54am On Jan 11, 2019
nawa oo, this one na for pple wey dey see light charge steady, unlike me, i go still dey charge my phone for 100% sef grin
Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by EvilSec: 6:10am On Jan 11, 2019
felasey1:
We are all accustomed to plugging our phones in to charge them up next to our beds before we go to sleep.

It helps make sure you wake up with a device ready to go and one which will last throughout the day, or until lunch-time at least depending on how many apps you are using.

But, apparently, this isn't the right way to charge your phone and help its battery life prosper.

a company that offers devices that test smartphone and other batteries, runs a free educational website called battery university,
offers a host of tips for prolonging the life of your phone.

Don't let your phone run out before you plug it in

We're often told that you should fully deplete your battery before you charge it right back up again.

Again, this isn't ideal.

According to the experts, a "deep-discharge" where you run it down to a fraction of its power is actually bad for batteries and will wear them out quicker.

Charge your phone little and often

We're all used to plugging in our mobiles for the long, overnight charge.

But it turns out that juicing up frequently and in small doses might actually be the best option for your battery's health.
It doesn't matter if you only charge up 10% or 20% as, according to Battery University: "artial charges cause no harm."
Keep your phone's battery between 65% and 75%

It turns out there's an optimal point to maintain your phone's power - kind of like the optimal speed limit for burning gas and covering distance in a car.

According to the team at Battery University, the sweet spot is between 65% and 75% of your battery's full charge.
Best keep that power pack handy

Never fully charge your battery

This one might seem a bit counter-intuitive - but it appears that you should never charge your phone up to 100%.

That's because modern lithium-ion batteries do "not need to be fully charged, nor is it desirable to do so."
The website states: "In fact, it is better not to fully charge, because a high voltage stresses the battery".

You don't need to remove the charger when it's full

If you do decide to ignore the point above, the good news is that you don't have to remove the phone after you've hit 100%.

Battery University points out that the charger automatically turns off when it hits 100% so you're not doing any extra damage by leaving it connected to your device.

That being said, if you're not doing the battery any good by keeping it at 100%, it might be best to leave it alone overnight.

http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/352/939655
Lmao... As if I wake up in the middle of the night to unplug my phone at 75%
Don't say battery university to look right. After 100% the connection or charge that's going to your phone is cut. There is only a voltage and not current passing (no watts). No matter how long you charge or keep your phone plugged in after reaching 100% it won't affect the battery's lifetime as smartphones are designed to stop the charge at 100% and it doesn't hurt the battery at all. There will not be a deterioration. Please do your research before posting threads... Cheers mate. xD

1 Like

Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by femi4: 6:38am On Jan 11, 2019
Total rubbish ...
University of battery ...wtf!
Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by boss1310(m): 8:40am On Jan 11, 2019
EVILFOREST:

do you know how many times people are told to do this and that to elongate the life of their phone batteries tomorrow another will come with contrasting advice,free the guy he is not wrong by his assertions.
even if he is wrong its his phone,battery and his money you don't have to insult him on that
Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by lankka: 8:53am On Jan 11, 2019
It seems true..my batri lasts longer wen i unplug it at 90% or less
Bt discharge more wen fully charged
I can't remember d last time i charged till 100..
My opinion tho....

1 Like

Re: The Correct Way To Charge Your Mobile Phone - We've Been Doing It Wrong by felasey1(m): 10:06am On Jan 11, 2019
EvilSec:

Lmao... As if I wake up in the middle of the night to unplug my phone at 75%
Don't say battery university to look right. After 100% the connection or charge that's going to your phone is cut. There is only a voltage and not current passing (no watts). No matter how long you charge or keep your phone plugged in after reaching 100% it won't affect the battery's lifetime as smartphones are designed to stop the charge at 100% and it doesn't hurt the battery at all. There will not be an deterioration. Please do your research before posting threads... Cheers mate. xD
i think you should do so bros

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Infinix S4 For Sale @ 30k. / Almost New Gionee S10, 64gb/6gb... 35k sold / You'll Love This Pes 2020 Mobile Patch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.