Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,155 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu (14495 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja / 2019: President Buhari’ll Call To Congratulate Me As President – Kingsley Moghal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by babecode: 9:35am On Jan 10, 2019

Kingsley Moghalu, presidential candidate of the Young Progressives Party (YPP), says he has spent over N200 million of his “personal money” on the bid to emerge Nigeria’s president.

He said his party will fund its campaign through voluntary contributions of its members and the public, adding that he does not have a political godfather.

“I joined politics to run for the presidency using my own money, I have spent over N200 million of my personal money so far, I do not have any political godfather,” Moghalu said.

Moghalu made the remark at a town hall meeting organised by the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) and Daria Media with support from the MacArthur Foundation.

The town hall meeting, tagged ‘The Candidates’, is a two-hour televised series featuring the presidential and vice-presidential candidates of four leading political parties.

Moghalu, who is venturing into politics for the first time, is a former deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

He said if elected as the nation’s next president, he would drive the economy by encouraging innovation and growth of small businesses.

He said his party would ensure that the current N500 billion social intervention fund was effectively used to improve the lot of Nigerians.

The candidate said his administration would put the fund into a productive capital venture that would create and allow people to run their businesses within six months of assuming office.

Moghalu said he would guarantee wealth and job creation in the country.

“My being educated has showed me what Nigeria should be in terms of economy, infrastructure, and the well being of the people, and I will use my education to improve the lots of the people,” he said.

Moghalu said the time to transform the country had come, adding that Nigeria needs a vibrant leadership to address the challenges of the 24th century.

President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo are expected to feature on the programme on January 16 while Omoyele Sowore and his running mate, Rabiu Rufai, would feature on January 23.

The organisers say Atiku Abubakar and his running mate, Peter Obi, would be feature on the programme on January 30.

https://all-gists..com/2019/01/ive-spent-n200m-of-my-personal-money-to-run-for-president-moghalu.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by princeFAD: 9:36am On Jan 10, 2019
serious

1 Like

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by ceejayMAX(m): 9:41am On Jan 10, 2019
Last last all this money na waste.nah wah oooo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Narijoel(m): 9:44am On Jan 10, 2019
MODIFIED:

cry
what a shame

We, Nigerians know that he cannot win this election at least for now, unless he has a magic wand.
If he had used the money to set up businesses for some as a philantropist, some Nigerians will eventually become millionaires and many will remember him for years to come even beyond 2023.
when he eventually contest for presidency in 2023, he can now dream of being president if God helps him because Nigerians are complicated.

COMMON SENSE!!!

34 Likes

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by RichboyfrmDelta(m): 9:46am On Jan 10, 2019
Ha! N200m!
You get N200m, na u wan kill yourself for election wey u no go ever fit win.
You better do u-turn now o & start Atikulating.
At least with your experience, Minister of Finance fit reach you. A word is enough for the wise!

If you are tired of being broke or disturbing your friends & relatives for financial assistance every now & then or tired of working everyday from 9-5 only to get peanuts at the end of the month & really interested in making additional money for yourself this year, then, you need to see this....

LEARN MORE HERE

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by SalamRushdie: 9:47am On Jan 10, 2019
It's small compared to what other bigger candidates are spending though but from the way you talk you are not broke after sending 200 million Naira yet when with were deputy CNN governor your Salary was about 950 thousand month and your gratuity about 180 million so where do you get over 200 million to waste on a campaign you know you won't win

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by BlackMbakara1(m): 9:53am On Jan 10, 2019
He worked at CBN and has already spent 200M and i'm wondering how much he still have unspent...hmm!

Na dem dem...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 10, 2019
You are investing to loot it back.

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by uboma(m): 10:19am On Jan 10, 2019
ceejayMAX:
Last last all this money na waste.nah wah oooo

He no go gree hear advice.

He should keep spending.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 10, 2019
200 million wasted.

I know buhari is sponsoring him, sowore and that Igbo woman to divide votes

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by millionboi2: 10:27am On Jan 10, 2019
U are a fool then

Money u should have used to develop ur local government and ur children will reap d seed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Bossontop(m): 10:27am On Jan 10, 2019
Chaiii......this man can die of heart attack wen d final results are announced ooo.......rip in advance.....and if you no die of heart attack, still rip to ur "SENSE"

8 Likes

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Immanuels7(m): 10:28am On Jan 10, 2019
h

1 Like

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by oderinde151(m): 10:28am On Jan 10, 2019
Dusted file grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by afroniger: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2019
What a waste of money. Smh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by ozento: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2019
who send you message?

1 Like

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Protein0: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2019
That's without primaries and lobbying. Ask Atiku how much he has spent. Or even Saraki, during the PDP primaries

1 Like

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2019
Haaaa

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by coolestchris(m): 10:28am On Jan 10, 2019
Fellow friends I will like to enlighten you all about what is happening in Nigeria..
Our leaders are doing their best but the problem is that the political machine running the country is dead...
That's why nothing seems to be working...
First problem, electricity problems, who or what is hindering 25 hours light in the country, do you know that Nigeria exports electricity to other countries...
That should stop henceforth because we all need light..
We must satisfy ourselves before exporting something as precious as light..

Second problem is lack of enough industries, light is what is needed to run industries and we have no light so second problem is tied to the first problem.. When we have enough industries we can begin to employ our jobless youths

Third problem is high cost of food, this is due to the insecurities faced by farmers in harvesting their crops and also due to high cost of fuel ...
Nigerian government should tackle the major security problems in Nigeria once and for all and stop paying lip service to the insecurities in the country.. And the price of fuel should drop by building our refineries to work according to world best standards..

Fourth problem is the mental challenges faced by Nigerians, Nigerians have lost hope in Nigeria, I hereby declare that Nigeria needs a motivator as president because Nigerians need someone to motivate them out of their depression and

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Picienza: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2019
Because you are not smart and don't know what to do with your money.

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by bluefilm: 10:29am On Jan 10, 2019
Who cares?

If you like use 200 million to buy JAMB form, dat one na your bizness.

Nonsense sad
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by id4sho(m): 10:29am On Jan 10, 2019
ode
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Felixalex(m): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2019
Chai, what a waste!

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Haric(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2019
Money way u for carry chop bole and fish, na him u don throway like dat. last last who wan vote for u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by tony9k: 10:31am On Jan 10, 2019
Narijoel:
cry
what a shame

We, Nigerians know that he cannot win this election at least for now, unless he has a magic wand.
If he had shared the money to Nigerians as a philantropist, almost everyone will be a millionaire now and many will remember him for years to come even beyond 2023.
when he eventually contest for presidency in 2023, he can now dream of being president if God helps him because Nigerians are complicated.

COMMON SENSE!!!

200 million can only make 200 people millionaires if shared at 1million each

1 Like

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by DrObum(m): 10:33am On Jan 10, 2019
Who dash you?
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by IamPatriotic(m): 10:33am On Jan 10, 2019
Liar! When you are not Atiku, it's only Atiku that can boast of wasting anything close to that amount, which included the dollar he used in purchasing the PDP presidential ticket in Port Harcourt.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by kuuljay(m): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2019
Nigerian journalism is whack,he said he has spent 200m that includes donations from well wishers and his own money

5 Likes

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by MrThisandthat(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2019
So this Twitter Presidential Candidate get money sef...

Na wa o
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Lexusgs430: 10:36am On Jan 10, 2019
What a way to waste money.........
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Protein0: 10:38am On Jan 10, 2019
Lexusgs430:
What a way to waste money.........
Lexusgs430 for president cool
Sha appoint me you campaign manager pls
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 10, 2019
Money miss road

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBA Jigawa Expresses Support For El-rufai, Threatens To Boycott Conference / Buhari Seeks Confirmation Of Farouk Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff / Fuel Crisis: Current Petrol Subsidy Regime Illegal - Senate Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.