Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu (14493 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja / 2019: President Buhari’ll Call To Congratulate Me As President – Kingsley Moghal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by seunmsg(m): 10:38am On Jan 10, 2019
Money stolen from CBN.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by chloride6: 10:39am On Jan 10, 2019
If you believe this you can believe anything

grin
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by temicyborg(m): 10:39am On Jan 10, 2019
who dis 1 dey cry 2 nw
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by mushystuff: 10:39am On Jan 10, 2019
I just feel these young men should have started from lower levels ie their states and regions and made sound impacts. With this amount of personal money, he should have engaged in a brand that will impact the young people positively and also be a good money making venture for all concerned. Some charity or public service would have also gone along way to building his portfolio and creating awareness. This would still be with active politicking for say the House or Reps or Senate. After about 4-8 years, he would have gathered enough clout to take the central stage. As it stands, he has just frittered away good money..I hope he recovers it somehow though.

It is unfortunate but this is Nigeria in Africa, presidency will not get handed to young persons out of the blue. They would need to have been part of the political picture for a substantial period of time unless you have a a godfather of great reckoning as far is Naija politics is concerned to lift one from obscurity to limelight at almost the snap of his fingers.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Narijoel(m): 10:41am On Jan 10, 2019
tony9k:

200 million can only make 200 people millionaires if shared at 1million each
Thanks, It has been modified
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Benosky011(m): 10:41am On Jan 10, 2019
But, I need to know sha.
How come a civil servant has over 200m in savings.
Even if he works till retirement at a monthly salary of 1m, he'd earn 360m for 30years.
How come he now has over 200m
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Lexusgs430: 10:44am On Jan 10, 2019
Protein0:

Lexusgs430 for president cool
Sha appoint me you campaign manager pls

It would be against my conscience to run a campaign that cannot positively change anything.......

Once they get rid of that hopeless 1999 constitution........ I might give it a second thought........
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Japsylee: 10:46am On Jan 10, 2019
babecode:

Kingsley Moghalu, presidential candidate of the Young Progressives Party (YPP), says he has spent over N200 million of his “personal money” on the bid to emerge Nigeria’s president.

He said his party will fund its campaign through voluntary contributions of its members and the public, adding that he does not have a political godfather.

“I joined politics to run for the presidency using my own money, I have spent over N200 million of my personal money so far, I do not have any political godfather,” Moghalu said.

Moghalu made the remark at a town hall meeting organised by the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) and Daria Media with support from the MacArthur Foundation.

The town hall meeting, tagged ‘The Candidates’, is a two-hour televised series featuring the presidential and vice-presidential candidates of four leading political parties.

Moghalu, who is venturing into politics for the first time, is a former deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

He said if elected as the nation’s next president, he would drive the economy by encouraging innovation and growth of small businesses.

He said his party would ensure that the current N500 billion social intervention fund was effectively used to improve the lot of Nigerians.

The candidate said his administration would put the fund into a productive capital venture that would create and allow people to run their businesses within six months of assuming office.

Moghalu said he would guarantee wealth and job creation in the country.

“My being educated has showed me what Nigeria should be in terms of economy, infrastructure, and the well being of the people, and I will use my education to improve the lots of the people,” he said.

Moghalu said the time to transform the country had come, adding that Nigeria needs a vibrant leadership to address the challenges of the 24th century.

President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo are expected to feature on the programme on January 16 while Omoyele Sowore and his running mate, Rabiu Rufai, would feature on January 23.

The organisers say Atiku Abubakar and his running mate, Peter Obi, would be feature on the programme on January 30.

https://all-gists..com/2019/01/ive-spent-n200m-of-my-personal-money-to-run-for-president-moghalu.html

Lai lai lie lie Mohammed ....
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by zoedew: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2019
Thanks to you Sir for the unsolicited expense.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Tejiriseth(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2019
Its worth an effort
you will never know except you try
RichboyfrmDelta:
Ha! N200m!
You get N200m, na u wan kill yourself for election wey u no go ever fit win.
You better do u-turn now o & start Atikulating.
At least with your experience, Minister of Finance fit reach you. A word is enough for the wise!

If you are tired of being broke or disturbing your friends & relatives for financial assistance every now & then or tired of working everyday from 9-5 only to get peanuts at the end of the month & really interested in making additional money for yourself this year, then, you need to see this....

LEARN MORE HERE
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by BuhariAdvocate: 11:02am On Jan 10, 2019
grin oga politics don't work like that. And besides the man is lie to us .
Narijoel:
MODIFIED:

cry
what a shame

We, Nigerians know that he cannot win this election at least for now, unless he has a magic wand.
If he had used the money to set up businesses for some as a philantropist, some Nigerians will eventually become millionaires and many will remember him for years to come even beyond 2023.
when he eventually contest for presidency in 2023, he can now dream of being president if God helps him because Nigerians are complicated.

COMMON SENSE!!!
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by omohakin: 11:05am On Jan 10, 2019
Wrong Information. He said he has spent an estimated value of 200 million naira on his campaign so far and these funds are donations from supporters and his personal savings!!!

I watched his Live Interview. He has nothing really to offer. Made some really impossible promises that clearly depicts he lacks proper working knowledge of our Nigeria. Made promises of 6 months complete turn around after being elected. 4 years has been a pipe dream so far. Most especially the lady he choose as his vice. She is completely clueless. I wonder what prompted such!!!..

I see no strategic plan from his camp. Sadly, the youths aren't ready to take over. Athough we are much closer than before.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Narijoel(m): 11:12am On Jan 10, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
grin oga politics don't work like that. And besides the man is lying to us .

grin
what do I know?
am I a politician?
It is left to him to either think like the masses and do what they want, keep wasting money when 90% of nairalanders know that he cant win this election or let him join the big political parties who would help him rig his way into power.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by BuhariAdvocate: 11:17am On Jan 10, 2019
grin tell him to win local government election first .well dude trying to make name.
Narijoel:

grin
what do I know?
am I a politician?
It is left to him to either think like the masses and do what they want, keep wasting money when 90% of nairalanders know that he cant win this election or let him join the big political parties who would help him rig his way into power.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Narijoel(m): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
grin tell him to win local government election first .well dude trying to make name.
kiss
I look forward to seeing somebody like him being president someday.
well I can advise him to test out his popularity first as a local government chairman or maybe a governor of his state.
Nigerians are not just ready yet.
hopefully we get there someday when the youths will really be "leaders of tomorrow".
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by 9jaRealist: 11:26am On Jan 10, 2019
Waste of money.

Having good people in political office is important, but given that he does not stand a rat’s chance in 2019 (albeit I personally think he is arguably the best candidate), he would better served Nigerians by starting a business that employs young graduates.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by CaptainGOOD: 11:27am On Jan 10, 2019
kuuljay:
Nigerian journalism is whack,he said he has spent 200m that includes donations from well wishers and his own money

Yoruba media.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by BanevsJoker(m): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2019
RichboyfrmDelta:
Ha! N200m!
At least with your experience, Minister of Finance fit reach you. A word is enough for the wise!

If you are tired of being broke or disturbing your friends & relatives for financial assistance every now & then or tired of working everyday from 9-5 only to get peanuts at the end of the month & really interested in making additional money for yourself this year, then, you need to see this....

LEARN MORE HERE
I won't recommend him for finance minister. Anyone willing to flush 200 million Naira down the toilet is not fit to be Finance Minister.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by isa6namo(m): 11:31am On Jan 10, 2019
so how do we help you now?
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by 9jaRealist: 11:34am On Jan 10, 2019
mushystuff:
I just feel these young men should have started from lower levels ie their states and regions and made sound impacts. With this amount of personal money, he should have engaged in a brand that will impact the young people positively and also be a good money making venture for all concerned. Some charity or public service would have also gone along way to building his portfolio and creating awareness. This would still be with active politicking for say the House or Reps or Senate. After about 4-8 years, he would have gathered enough clout to take the central stage. As it stands, he has just frittered away good money..I hope he recovers it somehow though.

It is unfortunate but this is Nigeria in Africa, presidency will not get handed to young persons out of the blue. They would need to have been part of the political picture for a substantial period of time unless you have a a godfather of great reckoning as far is Naija politics is concerned to lift one from obscurity to limelight at almost the snap of his fingers.

If they do, they will simply get swallowed by the corrupt murk before they can rise to national prominence (not least because they would have to rely on, and build alliances with, the corrupt old guard to climb up the political food chain). Furthermore, their “impact” at state or other sub-national level will be very limited because (barring constitutional restructuring), even basic things like electricity, ports, security (police), etc., are still constitutionally controlled at the federal level. As our people would say, if you are going to eat a frog go for the biggest one!

1 Like

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by 9jaRealist: 11:39am On Jan 10, 2019
Narijoel:
kiss
I look forward to seeing somebody like him being president someday.
well I can advise him to test out his popularity first as a local government chairman or maybe a governor of his state.
Nigerians are not just ready yet.
hopefully we get there someday when the youths will really be "leaders of tomorrow".

See my post above.

State Governors control LG funds, so he will make virtually no impact at that level. The federal government controls electricity, taxes, security, etc., so any impact at state level will be limited. We need RESTRUCTURING!
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Towersport(m): 11:57am On Jan 10, 2019
If I've not heard about you, then you have wasted your money bro!!!!!
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by GoodGovernance: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2019
SalamRushdie:
It's small compared to what other bigger candidates are spending though but from the way you talk you are not broke after sending 200 million Naira yet when with were deputy CNN governor your Salary was about 950 thousand month and your gratuity about 180 million so where do you get over 200 million to waste on a campaign you know you won't win

Food for thought.

Corruption wants to take over undecided
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Fxwarrior: 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
ceejayMAX:
Last last all this money na waste.nah wah oooo

He seems to be the most qualified candidate. He's young, vibrant and brilliant.

The problem of Nigeria is our fault. When you vote PMB again, you'll seek to escape via Sahara desert. That time you go know what's up.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Fxwarrior: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
GoodGovernance:

Food for thought.

Corruption wants to take over undecided

He has his investments. Don't say what you don't know.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Fxwarrior: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
Towersport:
If I've not heard about you, then you have wasted your money bro!!!!!

You just did so no excuses. Nigeria must be liberated from mental slavery.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by lagosrd: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
You for take that money create more jobs and improve your business. Our country people doesn't deserve your kind of kind hearted person for now.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by jeggienut: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2019
This must be love.
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Yoshy: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2019
SalamRushdie:
It's small compared to what other bigger candidates are spending though but from the way you talk you are not broke after sending 200 million Naira yet when with were deputy CNN governor your Salary was about 950 thousand month and your gratuity about 180 million so where do you get over 200 million to waste on a campaign you know you won't win

Smart business men knows how to grow money. It's not about the position's salary, but the opportunities, connections and exposure it gives. Like yourself, you do not expect him to live solely on his salary when enormous opportunities abound. Besides, CBN wasn't his only notable job.

Do not bring your pitiable and sadistic criticism when Moghalu, Adesina or other sound minds are mentioned...go look for Buhari and co

1 Like

Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by nwoye72: 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
Lawless country tell me how one can spend his money that way if not embezzled money.you think we are fools
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by bedfordking: 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
i would rather use the money to empower people in my community
Re: I’ve Spent N200m Of My Personal Money To Run For President - Kingsley Moghalu by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2019
RichboyfrmDelta:
Ha! N200m!

LEARN MORE HERE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

To Enjoy 50% Fare Slash, Travellers Must Show Their PVC, Says NURTW / Peter Obi’s Son Drives A 60million Car In The UK. / Fighting In Ilorin, 2 Feared Dead, curfew Declared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.