Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo (32335 Views)

Teenagers Sell Stolen Laptop For N2,000 In Lagos / Thief Nabbed After Buyer Recognized The Stolen Laptop He Was Trying To Sell.PICS / We Sell A Human Hand For N5k – Cultists Arrested Alongside A Traditional Ruler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Ezeco1: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2019
The Bayelsa vigilante service has apprehended a buyer of stolen goods in GSM village in Tombia, Yenagoa, the state capital.

The suspect identified as Mr. Paul Ofia (sitting on the floor with a stolen laptop) who hails from Ikwo village in Ebonyi State and resides in Etegwe at the Tombia axis - was apprehended this morning with a stolen laptop worth about N150,000 which he bought for N5,000.

The suspect has been handed over to the police for further investigation and prosecution.

The Chairman of the Bayelsa State Vigilante service is hereby urging residents to be careful and inquire properly before purchasing anything.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/01/man-arrested-after-buying-n150k-worth-of-stolen-laptop-for-n5k-photos.html[/quote]
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2019
Look at his head grin na them
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by linearity: 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
cosby02:

There's no good faith in buying that laptop for 5k. The crime is called Receiving Stolen Property. S. 427 of the criminal code.

Yes
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by bularvz: 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
No way is that laptop worth 150k shocked
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by linearity: 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
cosby02:

There's no good faith in buying that laptop for 5k. The crime is called Receiving Stolen Property. S. 427 of the criminal code.

Yes, there is.... agreed, buying a stolen property is a crime, but the law does not criminalize those who bought the item in good faith.

If found with a stolen property and charged to court, the prosecution have to prove the following four elements in order to get a conviction:

1. That the property in question is stolen property;

2. That the accused received or retained such property;

3. That he did so dishonestly;

4. That he knew or had reason to believe that the property was stolen property.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by dyydxx: 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
that laptop is 50k new and 20k used. But why are they parading him like he is the actual thief. If he gets a good lawyer he can make his case. See how they are disgracing him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by dyydxx: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
linearity:

Yes, there is.... agreed, buying a stolen property is a crime, but the law does not criminalize those who bought the item in good faith.

If found with a stolen property and charged to court, the prosecution have to prove the following four elements in order to get a conviction:

exactly. besides see as they are already parading him without a conviction, Vigilante and taking laws into their hands. I'm sure they would have beaten him jungle justice style. Honestly, these things are wrong but it is the naija way.
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by mfm04622: 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
Movic1:
Buying stolen goods is bad. But that laptop over there is not upto 150k.

You have X-rayed the laptop and know the specification abi?

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by IbrahimDamola: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
That laptop wey I dey see so no reach 150k.

Though thief na thief. He should tell us who sold to him, so we can get the real thief.
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by godquality: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
MCMXCVIII:
So if someone buys a stolen property in good faith, is he to arrested as a thief
Besides, that lappi no pass 50k tear rubber, 25k street sale.
that's a 10" laptop and i hereby revised your estimate to 35k new and 10k Street value grin grin grin so if he didn't truly stole it and claimed to have bought it then is only offence is negligence.

2 Likes

Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Artzdanielsz(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2019
That's a mini laptop joor. The new one no reach 35k talk more of second hand. That lappy dey street around 15 k 10k if the owner need money die.

3 Likes

Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
he wants to form sharp nigga.
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by rawe45: 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
ChangeIsCostant:
The Bayelsa vigilante service has apprehended a buyer of stolen goods in GSM village in Tombia, Yenagoa, the state capital.

The suspect identified as Mr. Paul Ofia (sitting on the floor with a stolen laptop) who hails from Ikwo village in Ebonyi State and resides in Etegwe at the Tombia axis - was apprehended this morning with a stolen laptop worth about N150,000 which he bought for N5,000.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/01/man-arrested-after-buying-n150k-worth-of-stolen-laptop-for-n5k-photos.html

150k ko, 15 millionaira ni...
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
Artzdanielsz:
That's a mini laptop joor. The new one no reach 35k talk more of second hand. That lappy dey street around 15 k 10k if the owner need money die.
if owner need money die then i wil request he gives me reciept putting down his name,number and address.at least wen police show i no where to carry dem go.dem no dey looseguard buy sensitive items like phones and laptops as second hand product anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by xjiggy: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
If na like 35-40k im buy am, I for help am argue the matter. But 5k? Haba. This one pass wetin Dem dey put mouth
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by MCMXCVIII(m): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
Heheheheheheeee
This your own estimate bad pass.
Well, if he proves beyond reasonable doubt that there was a sale and it was in good faith. The god of negligence can't come for him.
godquality:
that's a 10" laptop and i hereby revised your estimate to 35k new and 10k Street value grin grin grin so if he didn't truly stole it and claimed to have bought it then is only offence is negligence.
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
IbrahimDamola:
That laptop wey I dey see so no reach 150k.

Though thief na thief. He should tell us who sold to him, so we can get the real thief.
dat is if he took the theif phone number or knows his home address.if na jus one random dude im buy dat stolen item from then oyo na im case.
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by yemiyemi: 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2019
By their names you shall no them...... grin grin grin grin...Igbo Amaka...why nah... grin grin

Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
MCMXCVIII:
Heheheheheheeee
This your own estimate bad pass.
Well, if he proves beyond reasonable doubt that there was a sale and it was in good faith. The god of negligence can't come for him.
my brother is very risky to buy sensitive second hand items in good faith from any random dude in naija oo.majority of second hand items like phones or lappy sold on the street where collected at gun point.if i have to buy a second item from someone then it has to be a person i personally know so in case of gbege i know where to point. but then if i know the person dey rugged den i no dey buy any item frm am.anyway its much safer saving and buying a new item to avoid police wahala.
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
When I say always buy anything with receipt sum pple go think say I dey joke.
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Artzdanielsz(m): 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2019
lefulefu:
if owner need money die then i wil request he gives me reciept putting down his name,number and address.at least wen police show i no where to carry dem go.dem no dey looseguard buy sensitive items like phones and laptops as second hand product anyhow.
Naso receipt go follow
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by MCMXCVIII(m): 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
Oh
Thoughtfully said shaa.
In Makurdi here, there's a place called, Tito Gate, if you buy phone there na heads or tail. If military man con follow you through the phone, na your luck. If nobody trace you na your luck.
Street is street sometimes.
lefulefu:
my brother is very risky to buy sensitive second hand items in good faith from any random dude in naija oo.majority of second hand items like phones or lappy sold on the street where collected at gun point.if i have to buy a second item from someone then it has to be a person i personally know so in case of gbege i know where to point. but then if i know the person dey rugged den i no dey buy any item frm am.anyway its much safer saving and buying a new item to avoid police wahala.
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Beedude(m): 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
Tamarapetty:
How do u expect the man to know twas stolen??
A wise person will know by the price. Can u buy a new latest Range Rover Sport for 500k? I personally wont trade with such person coz of one of the following reasons;
1. Its a stolen item
2. The seller is a scammer
3. Its a very fake item

1 Like

Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by casted81: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
Hw is this latop worth 150k
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by mansoura(f): 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
grin
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by tojahh(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
Good for him... Spits on his head! That's how my laptop was stolen with all my works and projects in it. Was even begging street guys to help me recover it so I can even pay to get it back yet I know they must have sold it way way below it's price.

God punish those jobless thieves in Choba!

Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by Seetto: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
AutoReportNG:
That mini laptop is not worth 150k na... Haba..
Why people like to dey lie, that laptop no pass 25k,
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by mdpeace(m): 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
na Samsung n150 plus b dat na
Re: Man Arrested After Buying N150K Worth Of Stolen Laptop For N5K. Photo by cosby02(m): 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
linearity:

Its clear that all these elements are present. If not he won't buy the gadget with such a ridiculous amount.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNICAL Yahoo Boys Who Wanted To Buy iPhones Before December Arrested (Photo) / Wife Hires Kidnappers For Her Stingy Husband In Ogun (Photo) / Serving Soldier Arrested For Robbery & Cultism In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.