Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis (11378 Views)

Terry G Announces Retirement From Music / Ben Murray-Bruce, Ugochi Mitchell Ihezue And Stephanie Agbasi Pictured Together / Ben Murray-Bruce And Akon All Smiles As They Pose Together In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by Passionate888: 6:57am On Jan 11, 2019
Eyah
Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by dannybrasky(m): 7:09am On Jan 11, 2019
Tennis is a very tough sport! You have to compete at a very high level at all time,week in week out to rank among the top 10. Unlike football where by they play 2 to 3 time a week, tennis u can play a 2 to 3 hours game in a day for 7 days. It's just brutal. So sad for Murray,he was playing his best tennis when this happened. Tennis is just too brutal.

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by Seunnzy(m): 7:09am On Jan 11, 2019
post=74648913:
#RESPECT to one of the greatest athlete of all time
One of the greatest bawo..u obviously don't watch tennis so don't act like u do undecided

2 Likes

Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by NoisyNaybour001(m): 7:25am On Jan 11, 2019
Igbo Amaka
Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by gajasalot(m): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2019
So sad to hear. He is a great and hardworking tennis player
Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by ClearFlair: 7:32am On Jan 11, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
You've done well for yourself ..

I hope Buhari do the same due to old age, ill health and many failures .

You and your Atiku better go and sip kunu because there’s no room for thieves in Aso Rock.
Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by Richywire(m): 7:33am On Jan 11, 2019
Naija girls have spoilt his waist
Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by folake4u(f): 7:48am On Jan 11, 2019
Rekyz:
Why so early. I'll miss the watching this guy compete with Federer and Nadal

I swear down! It's always a healthy competition between them, no bad blood whatsoever

1 Like

Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by toprealman: 8:37am On Jan 11, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
You've done well for yourself ..

I hope Buhari do the same due to old age, ill health and many failures .
incompetency too for that one from Dura
Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by STILESGANG: 8:45am On Jan 11, 2019
post=74648913:
#RESPECT to one of the greatest athlete of all time
Lol thats a reach. He has like 3 grand slams and you are calling him one of the greatest angry
Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by wink2015(m): 9:10am On Jan 11, 2019
sirlekzy:
Andy Murray has announced he’s retiring from tennis after Wimbledon, due to an hip injury that has plagued him since 2017.

The 31-year-old made this known during an emotional press conference where he made it known that he still plans to take on the Australian Open but could walk away from tennis this month if his condition doesn’t improve.

At the press conference ahead of the Grand Slam, he started crying after telling everyone he wasn’t feeling great. He had to leave the room for several minutes so that he could calm down. He said;

“Obviously I have been struggling a long time and I have been in pain for about twenty months now.

“I’ve pretty much done everything that I could to try and get my hip feeling better and it hasn’t helped loads. I’m in a better place than I was six months ago but still in a lot of pain. It’s been tough.

“I’m going to play here. I can still play to a certain level, not a level I’m happy playing at. It’s not just that. The pain is too much really, I don’t want to continue playing that way.

“I’ve tried pretty much everything I could do but it hasn’t worked. In the middle of December I spoke to my team and told them I can’t keep doing this. I thought I needed to have an end point, because I was playing with no idea of when the pain was going to stop.

“I said to them maybe I could get through this until Wimbledon, that is where I would like to stop playing but I am also not certain I am able to do that.”

He said he’s in so much pain that he’s not enjoying the sport he loves. But not only is he afflicted with physical pain, but also the mental drain that comes with it. He added:

“Everyone I bump into that’s all they want to talk about [his health], it’s pretty draining. I have spoken to psychologists about it. It’s not fun or enjoyable.”

Murray walk away from tennis with two Wimbledon wins, a US Open title and two Olympic gold medals.

Source: https://www.gistkit.com/entertainment/andy-murray-announces-retirement-from-tennis/

Andy Murray deserve to go on retirement.

Let him go and enjoy his lawn tennis BIG MONEY.

Must he wait to break his ankle in the pitch before knowing when to call it off.

Congratulation to the SCOTISH MAN!

He followed the good example of a fellow Scot in the person of Sir Alex Feguson who was a former Manchester United Coach who decides to resign the coaching job and proceeds on retirement.

BODY NO BE FIREWOOD!
Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:17am On Jan 11, 2019
I really pity him. He should have gone on a break like the way Djokovic did. Take a rest from the game and bounce back. Though I am not Murray's fan but it is too early to quit this game when their Oga (Roger Federer) is yet to quit.
I wish him speedy recovery.
Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis by ronyman(m): 9:52am On Jan 11, 2019
Sorry bro. You're the only Briton I have respect for, others are con men including those thieves that joined this country when it was apart.
sirlekzy:
Andy Murray has announced he’s retiring from tennis after Wimbledon, due to an hip injury that has plagued him since 2017.

The 31-year-old made this known during an emotional press conference where he made it known that he still plans to take on the Australian Open but could walk away from tennis this month if his condition doesn’t improve.

At the press conference ahead of the Grand Slam, he started crying after telling everyone he wasn’t feeling great. He had to leave the room for several minutes so that he could calm down. He said;

“Obviously I have been struggling a long time and I have been in pain for about twenty months now.

“I’ve pretty much done everything that I could to try and get my hip feeling better and it hasn’t helped loads. I’m in a better place than I was six months ago but still in a lot of pain. It’s been tough.

“I’m going to play here. I can still play to a certain level, not a level I’m happy playing at. It’s not just that. The pain is too much really, I don’t want to continue playing that way.

“I’ve tried pretty much everything I could do but it hasn’t worked. In the middle of December I spoke to my team and told them I can’t keep doing this. I thought I needed to have an end point, because I was playing with no idea of when the pain was going to stop.

“I said to them maybe I could get through this until Wimbledon, that is where I would like to stop playing but I am also not certain I am able to do that.”

He said he’s in so much pain that he’s not enjoying the sport he loves. But not only is he afflicted with physical pain, but also the mental drain that comes with it. He added:

“Everyone I bump into that’s all they want to talk about [his health], it’s pretty draining. I have spoken to psychologists about it. It’s not fun or enjoyable.”

Murray walk away from tennis with two Wimbledon wins, a US Open title and two Olympic gold medals.

Source: https://www.gistkit.com/entertainment/andy-murray-announces-retirement-from-tennis/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dencia Launches 'Darklicious' Cream / Man Deported From Saudi Arabia For Being Too Handsome... Photos / PHOTO: Tiwa Savage's New Look Cutie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.