Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years (2189 Views)

Flood Sweeps Away Motorcyclist, Displaces Hundreds Of Residents In Lagos / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Lagos "Least Liveable" Ranking Hard To Believe –foreign Residents In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by Newsblenda(m): 8:16am On Jan 11, 2019
Remember when you said you wanted to move to Canada? Now is a good time to start packing your bags.

The Canadian Parliament has announced plans to add more than one million new permanent residents in the next three years. That's nearly one percent of the country's population.

Canada welcomed more than 286,000 permanent residents in 2017 and projects that number could reach 350,000 this year.

And 360,000 in 2020.

And 370,000 in 2021.

That's a lot of immigrants, eh?

"Thanks in great part to the newcomers we have welcomed throughout our history, Canada has developed into the strong and vibrant country we all enjoy," said Ahmed Hussen, Canada's minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC).

Hussen, himself an immigrant from Somalia, said the influx will help offset Canada's aging population and declining birth rate while growing its labor force.

Canada's friendly stance towards new residents comes as many other Western nations, including the United States, are adopting more restrictive immigration policies.

Canada is especially dedicated to offering protection to refugees. The United Nations Refugee Agency reported unprecedented levels of refugees in 2017, with the number of forcibly displaced people reaching 68.5 million.

IRCC has pledged $5.6 million to support global resettlement initiatives.

READ MORE HERE: http://newsblenda.com/post/others/canada-wants-to-welcome-more-than-1-million-new-immigrants-in-the-next-three-years.html

1 Like

Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by godblessuyirich(f): 11:57pm On Jan 12, 2019
I WORSHIP YOU LORD ALMIGHTY BECAUSE I KNOW MY FAMILY AND I WILL BE AMONG THE ONE MILLION PERMANENT RESIDENTS. GLORY TO GOD. THIS IS MY SET TIME. AMEN

7 Likes

Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by williams080: 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2019
amen, I claim this blessing in Jesus name amen!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by peter1994(m): 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2019
They try
Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by peteblaze42: 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2019
amen i know i will be among
Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by sammyjagaban(m): 6:20pm On Jan 23, 2019
i want to make a travel to canada but where do i start?
Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by dre44k(m): 6:18am On Jan 24, 2019
Good morning all,
Please is there any thread for Canada application for unskilled workers? If there's any, please someone should post it for me asap. Thanks
Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by joo2018: 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2019
Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by Damadei(f): 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
The POF on a high side, considering canadian dollar to naira rate makes it worse
Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by Deshalom(m): 8:27am On Jan 27, 2019
Any help?
dre44k:
Good morning all,
Please is there any thread for Canada application for unskilled workers? If there's any, please someone should post it for me asap. Thanks
Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by Dralin(m): 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
Great news
Re: Canada Wants More Than 1million New Permanent Residents In The Next 3years by jesmond3945: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2019
Damadei:
The POF on a high side, considering canadian dollar to naira rate makes it worse
what is the proof of fund?

(1) (Reply)

Japan Photos : So Affluent And So Ecclectic. It Is Just Out Of This World / Kotoka International Airport Accra, Ghana Faces Closure Over $2m Debt / Is UK Embassy Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.