Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? (43784 Views)

NIMC Clears Over 2.5 Million Backlog Of NIN Modification / How To Change Your NIN Date Of Birth Or Name(modification) / Nimc 15k For Change Of Date Of Birth Is True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by pegger: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2019
- Firstly, whose mistake? Yours or theirs ? If it’s yours then sorry you have to pay. Theirs, then they should assume responsibility. It’s tax payers funded you shouldn’t expect to have it free especially if it’s your fault.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by DrThanos: 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2019
metro8032:
is very surprising,A friend of mine too went to nimc headquarter in Yola for the same issue and he was told to pay 16,500naira for the change of date if birth, that's how my guy ran away without shoe
hahahahaha the guy no gree use football age again no ?
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by Jolite(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2019
THIS IS NIGERIA, EVERY BODY IS A CRIMINAL.
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by metro8032: 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2019
is only people that want to apply for government job that back date and reduce they age that use to go to nimc office for change of date of birth

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by toprealman: 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2019
Rubbiish:

this is why nigeria will never grow.
always quick to accept anything melted on us.
see d type of trash u just wrote.
even if it is football age is that enough reason for him to be charged 15k? will a private body even charge that much?
docile citizens is d major reason for failure in dis country....not corruption.
Is it my problem that you struggle with comprehension?
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by Rubbiish(m): 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2019
toprealman:
Is it my problem that you struggle with comprehension?
Your first two lines were totally uncalled for?
What was the meaning of 'who is playing who here'?
Someone is making changes for the first time and is being charged 15k by a govt. body and u still went ahead to write those two lines? It bespeaks the kind of mindset you have...shame
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by Johnrake69: 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2019
How hard is it to have central database for the public? I have a driver's licence and international passport and yet, I'm expected to queue up to still register for National ID card.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by martineverest(m): 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2019
prince3009:

Bro...it was in the office face to face with the court clerk who issued the stamp himself and signed the document.

I wanted to protest but just decided to ignore him as there were other people waiting. Secondly it was on a Friday and he wanted to go for prayers but decided to stay a little longer and process the document for us so I gave him that as a concession
na wá oko...I did mine at ikeja high court and I was charged 200 naira
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by Shootlion: 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2019
Abi na N1500 you mistake for 15k
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by eneojoedu(m): 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2019
good day nairalanders, please am in serious need of 5,000 naira. 0759367803 access bank. God bless.
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by playces: 7:08pm On Jan 11, 2019
Someone shared this on twitter in the morning..

1 Share

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by HOPSIN(m): 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2019
Why on earth wuld u make mistake on ur date of birth?
Also, they did tell u to pay the 15k in their offices, u were told to generate remita and pay to FGN account... However that was done to discourage miscreants from changing date of birth multiple times
ujoseph006:
NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth?

I made a mistake during the process of my National Identity card registration, and when I got to their head quarter in Abuja they charged me 15,000 Naira for the modification while on the website it was stated for 500 Naira only, is this an act of extortion or is something wrong with their system?

The government should enlighten us the more or check their system properly, their are lots of people that made mistakes during the process of the registration and needs to modify it, how are they suppose to be serving the masses with such extortion, I'm speaking for the masses

1 Like

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by codeNinja5060: 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2019
I can help you add new features or fix bugs on your website or App I am posting this with a Bot I wrote from scratch using C++. This should give a cue of what to expect from me

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by HOPSIN(m): 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2019
The op is lying, he was told to generate a remita, all those stuffs are scanned along side a letter of application and Attestation from population commission
psucc:
Op, in the first instance, why did you pay the money? And after paying why didn't you request for a receipt?

Oooops!This reminds me as even in the Court, if you go for and Affidavit, you pay about N1000 only to get a receipt of N200.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by Bestboy11513(m): 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2019
Nigeria SMH
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by amywonda: 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2019
Sleekjunior:
Fifteen thousand..that is a crime against humanity and God..This govt officials eh.oh yes and FTC DEDICATED TO BIAFRA,ATIKULATED OBILIGATED WINNERS
try modifying your age on your passport and see how much it cost . 200k only.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by omartins1(m): 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2019
Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha. The 15k is d official price for age modification and it is non refundable and there is no guaranty.you can only modify your date of birth once in a lifetime. I ve a friend that works there

1 Like

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2019
Caseless:
Nice! That's the price you'll pay for wanting to falsify your age.
That doesn't justify that outrageous amount. Since NIMC's website says N500 then it should be.
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by alabi484(m): 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2019
elnaf:
Wen you know all payments are specified in Remiter and went And payed that sum Urself ur corrupt l begi woo!go rest jare now you're trying to blame NIMC as a corrupt organization
Very correct, he himself should be checked, they don't collect cash at nimc, you take your receipt to the bank and bank tells you how much you're paying upon verification from remitta website...he probably paid to some rascals parading the premises...he never tell us the whole story
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by mechanics(m): 7:35pm On Jan 11, 2019
Petition the case to Human Right Commission or Public Complaints Commission.
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by sinkhole: 7:38pm On Jan 11, 2019
Graxie:
Welcome to Nigeria. Do you have receipt for the payment? Please attach for proof. Our country needs overhauling!!!
The guy should not even talk at all if there is no receipt, he should have known from the beginning that it was a scam if no receipt was issued.
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by Constantiney: 7:40pm On Jan 11, 2019
Its true many are indeed in that country. Look at them on this page. . . Mad mad idiots
Someone raised an issue, instead of these cretinous things to address it, they are more concerned about if it was truly a mistake or not, is that any of your business i wonder. Even if we are to talk about frauds, can anyone of you unintelligent leprechaun swear you have never cut corners in life?

No wonder an illiterate is rulling you all and will continue to do so forever since none of you seem to have sense.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by Solatium(m): 7:41pm On Jan 11, 2019
ujoseph006:

I made a mistake during the process of my National Identity card registration, and when I got to their head quarter in Abuja they charged me 15,000 Naira for the modification while on the website it was stated for 500 Naira only, is this an act of extortion or is something wrong with their system?

The government should enlighten us the more or check their system properly, their are lots of people that made mistakes during the process of the registration and needs to modify it, how are they suppose to be serving the masses with such extortion, I'm speaking for the masses

How can you say you made mistake about your DOB?
who does that?
what that means is you are fraudulent person,it means you have been using different DOB to cheat and defraud the system.
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by DONADAMS(m): 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2019
shotuns:
I asked from an insider. .

Question : Is it true that NIMC Office. Abuja. demands 15K for change of date of birth . Read this news on NAIRALAND today and that N500 was the price on the website. .

Reply: Yes, that's the new policy on modification of date of birth
And it is subject to approval by the DG. .
The 500naira is any other field that's not date of birth, Per field/detail modification is 500 now
15k is too much..haba..that's how they'll make billions at the end of the year and we'll be applauding them for extorting the common man..same with jamb too..this country is messed up i swear...to those shouting futball age,i told the agent dec during reg buh the high agent inputed march so i should pay 15k for thier incompetence abi?
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by Solatium(m): 7:46pm On Jan 11, 2019
Constantiney:
Its true many are indeed in that country. Look at them on this page. . . Mad mad idiots
Someone raised an issue, instead of these cretinous things to address it, they are more concerned about if it was truly a mistake or not, is that any of your business i wonder. Even if we are to talk about frauds, can anyone of you unintelligent leprechaun swear you have never cut corners in life?

No wonder an illiterate is rulling you all and will continue to do so forever since none of you seem to have sense.

Smh.

it would have been better if you had shut your mouth,I don't know where you live and I careless about where you are,all I know is that you dare not make such a stupid mistake in a saner clime.
it will certainly earn you a jail term because you will be charge under identify fraud.
why should we be worried about someone who is trying to game the system and was also game in the process?
let him go to the EFCC if he feels cheated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by omartins1(m): 7:51pm On Jan 11, 2019
I just confirmed from a friend that works there. E said d 15k is d official price for date of birth modification and u can only do that once in ur life time. D amount is huge because nimc wants to discourage people from modifying their DOB.E said d 15k is paid directly into govt acc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by uniquehealth: 7:56pm On Jan 11, 2019
Caseless:
Nice! That's the price you'll pay for wanting to falsify your age.
please refrain from such obnoxious response. have you confirmed if the person falsified his age?

1 Like

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by abimic(m): 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2019
Yes, it's #15000 for modification.
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2019
ujoseph006:

I am facing exactly same problem.
The DOB in my BVN showed an error and I was asked to pay #15,000 for it to be corrected.
One man said since I haven't registered for NIN before and it was my first time I wasn't supposed to pay for the correction but some other persons said I have to pay.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by toprealman: 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2019
Rubbiish:

Your first two lines were totally uncalled for?
What was the meaning of 'who is playing who here'?
Someone is making changes for the first time and is being charged 15k by a govt. body and u still went ahead to write those two lines? It bespeaks the kind of mindset you have...shame
Rubbiish indeed!
Re: NIMC Charging 15,000 Naira For Modification Of Date Of Birth? by dayolove: 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2019
The OP is not lying. N15,000 is the official approved fee for date of birth modification while N500 is for minor changes/modifications like change of name due to marriage, family decision, religious considerations, etc. You also pay N500 to reprint your loss of NIN slip. The truth is that before now, date of birth was what we call unupdatable field because you can only be born once but along the line, we discovered there were few people with genuine need to effect changes for obvious reasons which the Commission will investigate properly before deciding to accede to the request or not.

The N15,000 for change of date of birth is mainly to discourage such requests and it is only limited to once in a lifeime. Even when the date is eventually changed as paying the amount is not a guarantee of getting it change, the Commosion still keep track of the initial change made but shows the recent changes should there be need for further investigations.

On what you have on the websites the, it was for modification strictly for change of name and other details and not for change of birth as prior to this time, change in date of birth was not even permitted.

Many Nigerians have up to five 5 dates of birth depending on what they intend to use it for. Some are not able to remember the one they used for immigration, FRSC, CBN, police, etc recruitment and as such with the harmonization of the different databases going on, some of these lies come to the open and you one now need NIMC, being the sole repository of biometric databases as directed by the FG to attempt to clear some of these messes.

With NIMC now, you lie once and learn to live with the lie for life. Avoid using different dates of birth and other fraudulent practices with your bio data. It is seriously frowned at by the embassies and could lead to permanent denial of entry visas, etc. the FG is trying to ensure oneness and avoid unnecessary duplications so the system can be trusted and verifiable.

The NIN is the most important and unique identifier required by all, Nigerians and legal residents to maintain and regulate a reliable system of identity management and not just card issuance like before. Please go get yours. The National Identity Smart Card will come later as many people get registered into the national identity database.

You can email me on loveday.ogbonna@nimc.gov.ng should you require further clarification or have any questions regarding the NAtional Identity Management System

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Tambuwal Told Ayu, Saraki, Bala Mohammed Before Stepping Down For Atiku / "Buhari Has Anaemia", Femi Williams, Professor Of Medicine / Presidential Poll: Behold Kingmakers Who Will Determine PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.