Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood (27489 Views)

Emeka Ike, Yolanda Pfeiffer And Her Kids Step Out Together (Photos) / Emeka Ike Speaks About His New Girlfriend (Photos) / Emeka Ike Kisses Hajia Buari, Nadia Buari's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by ronyman(m): 10:46am On Jan 13, 2019
Structural anomalies I agree bro. Go and solve your marital issues man it's taking it's toll on you
GistmoreNG:

https://punchng.com/economy-cable-tv-knocked-me-others-out-of-nollywood-emeka-ike/
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by festacman(m): 10:46am On Jan 13, 2019
Dear Emeka Ike, neither economy nor cable TV knocked you out of Nollywood. You knocked yourself out by your twisted sense of negative radicalism, which you adopted as you grew into an established star.

You quarreled with everybody in sight from fellow actors to your wife. In a bid to prove that you were tough you fought dirty and unnecessarily uncomprisingly. You were senselessly stubborn when you should have adopted tact and diplomacy as president of Actors Guild of Nigeria.

Emeka Ike I put it to you that it was you and your attitude that "knocked your proud arse out of Nollywood".

1 Like

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by sparog(m): 10:47am On Jan 13, 2019
Bidobado1:

I've always had a soft spot for Emeka, I just believe he's a decent guy hard done by the lies of a fake pastor, a Wh0re and uninformed audiences.
God bless your hustle Bro.

You have sense mbok

Some people here are just saying rubbish

grin

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 13, 2019
Multichoice and other pay tv has reduced the sales of DVD. Why don't the producers partner with telecom operators to sell their movies via their platform.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 13, 2019
Something illogical here.

The same movies being shown on these pay tv channels are acted by actors who get paid by the producers.

Before these movies are screened by these pay tv channels, I believe certain royalties are paid to the producers.

At least I know you that you cannot just pick up an intellectual property of a producer and start screening in cinemas/pay tv without fulfilling all the required financial/legal obligations.

Older actors that have been in the Thespian Arts before Emeka finished Primary education are still getting roles.

4 Likes

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Madeu(m): 10:55am On Jan 13, 2019
afroniger:
Emeka is correct. Cable TV has messed up the home movie industry. Most people would rather watch films on DStv than but vcd like back in the day.
Even Blockbuster a VCD rental company in USA ceased operations due to advent of Netflix and other streaming platform. Nollywood should toil that line.
Why is nollywood not showing regularly in our cinemas?

5 Likes

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Otakom87(m): 11:00am On Jan 13, 2019
Uncle Emeka, you should have taken advantage of the cable, cinema, streaming like Genevieve and other smart actors are doing. The industry grew but you failed to grow with it.

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Orpe7(m): 11:03am On Jan 13, 2019
When u see a failure in class he tries to find others so he can feel confortable with him/herself.
Emeka u are a failure, wife beater and angry mofo
So STFU

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by toprealman: 11:03am On Jan 13, 2019
This guy talk too much. If producers don't call you and Genevieve...etc. Can't you produce your own film?
Genny is still enjoying her Netflix "make sense alawi" from one production.
Ramsey is still acting....omosexy is enjoying numerous endorsement....so what exactly is your point young man.

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Orpe7(m): 11:06am On Jan 13, 2019
festacman:
Dear Emeka Ike, neither economy nor cable TV knocked you out of Nollywood. You knocked yourself out by your twisted sense of negative radicalism, which you adopted as you grew into an established star.

You quarreled with everybody in sight from fellow actors to your wife. In a bid to prove that you were tough you fought dirty and unnecessarily uncomprisingly. You were senselessly stubborn when you should have adopted tact and diplomacy as president of Actors Guild of Nigeria.

Emeka Ike I put it to you that it was you and your attitude that "knocked your proud arse out of Nollywood".

This at one point President of Nollywood o. Dey talk rubbish.
Go and ask how much Genevieve made?
Emeka na u play urself.
Life moved and u waited behind
U are just like someone who refused to sell online and complains say people no come her shop come buy

1 Like

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by ChidiAlaigbo: 11:11am On Jan 13, 2019
ronyman:
Structural anomalies I agree bro. Go and solve your marital issues man it's taking it's toll on you

Why not go and help him solve his marital issues.

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by lakesider(m): 11:11am On Jan 13, 2019
Same thing happened to Nokia.. If you refuse to upgrade, bros u go dey useless
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Neddyogu(m): 11:16am On Jan 13, 2019
afroniger:
Emeka is correct. Cable TV has messed up the home movie industry. Most people would rather watch films on DStv than but vcd like back in the day.

So with all d American movies on dstv channels like M-net, Hallmark etc since I was a kid, one should have expected Hollywood to crash naa. Simple truth be say Nollywood failed to adapt.

Theory of evolution: Adapt or die out!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Originalsly: 11:23am On Jan 13, 2019
remedick:

Those who refuse to change with time will be knocked out for sure... tech changes the world, you must be willing to adapt or be killed. Innovation no dey look person face.

This is the problem.... they don't want to adapt.

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by lunacol(m): 11:23am On Jan 13, 2019
Speedyconnect15:
True shaa.

Advent of internet made many jobless.
Change is constant in life.Technology keeps evolving with time that is why we have to be flexible and queue in to new trends of things.

1 Like

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by makinson2865: 11:33am On Jan 13, 2019
Too much grammar in people's comments....i meAn English grin
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by EdwardRandy(m): 11:44am On Jan 13, 2019
Speedyconnect15:
True shaa.

Advent of internet made many jobless.
I don't agree, his problem is with him. All those people he mentioned; "Ramsey, Jim, Genevieve, Rita, omotola, even Peter edochie and a lot more are still active in the industry and are cashing out.. Emeka ike ain't just smart enough to change with time as others did... It can still be his village people! Wetin I know sef?
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Timagex(m): 11:48am On Jan 13, 2019
millionboi2:
Very true

Actin is no more recrutiv

Olosho everywie formin actresss
So, ao did u make ya own money? cool
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 13, 2019
I feel you bro, I was also knocked out of nollywood because according to the directors "I demand for too much"....can you believe that??

1 Like

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by samsam2019: 11:56am On Jan 13, 2019
theoldpretender:

So, movie producers should get Cable providers to pay higher for their content.

Also, has anyone thought about streaming ? A streaming service for Nollywood films might do the trick...pay per view.
you get sense.

But until we sort our internet problems streaming will be very difficult in Nigeria.

Who would spend 1k on data to stream just one movie and still pay for the movie

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by godquality: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2019
GistmoreNG:

Do you think Pastor Chris manipulated your wife?

It is a known fact; I don’t need to say it. Everybody knows that the man doesn’t have a second church. He speaks English to manipulate the things he cannot explain properly.
/

This part cracked me up with laughter. grin grin grin
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by victorazyvictor(m): 11:59am On Jan 13, 2019
Nigerian economy is no no to business especially movie industry.. I pity those guys as they work like elephant eat like ant.
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Speedyconnect15: 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2019
EdwardRandy:

I don't agree, his problem is with him. All those people he mentioned; "Ramsey, Jim, Genevieve, Rita, omotola, even Peter edochie and a lot more are still active in the industry and are cashing out.. Emeka ike ain't just smart enough to change with time as others did... It can still be his village people! Wetin I know sef?

Leave the females. They can always cash out shocked

How are Ramsey and Jim cashing out?

The only people are those that diversified and got into businesss.
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by godquality: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
festacman:

And you know this how? The guy just openly said anyone that he fought with should come out to confirm the same, so unless he fought with you or you are a witness to one of the brawl that warrant such vituperation from you I'll say he mindful of what you say about people you don't even know other than what you read. Just saying....

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
toprealman:
This guy talk too much. If producers don't call you and Genevieve...etc. Can't you produce your own film?
Genny is still enjoying her Netflix "make sense alawi" from one production.
Ramsey is still acting....omosexy is enjoying numerous endorsement....so what exactly is your point young man.

Stop asking for my point young man.
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by festacman(m): 12:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
godquality:
And you know this how? The guy just openly said anyone that he fought with should come out to confirm the same, so unless he fought with you or you are a witness to one of the brawl that warrant such vituperation from you I'll say he mindful of what you say about people you don't even know other than what you read. Just saying....
If you are an ardent follower of Nollywood and a fan of Emeka Ike will share my view.
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by godquality: 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2019
I can't help but wondered why some Nigerians are suffering from 'schadenfreude".

When there are irreconcilable differences in a marriage the next best thing is to split up. It's not a do it die affair. It's only in Nigeria that people are insulted because they seek or are divorced. Or they are still single or have no kids after marriage. This guy made a valid point why he thinks he's no longer relevant and rather than some of you to focus on that it's insult galore. Typical of Nigerians. Sometimes i suspect 95% of the citizenry are depressed and need to insult someone just to feel good.
Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by godquality: 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2019
festacman:

If you are an ardent follower of Nollywood and a fan of Emeka Ike will share my view.
Am not a fan oooh. The quality has been the same since 1999-2001 when i last watched it. Same films recycled year in year out.

I rather watched YouTube clip of MarkAngel or singing cats than Nollywood. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emeka Ike: Economy, Cable TV Knocked Me, Others Out Of Nollywood by Thatdopekelly(m): 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2019
eempire:
ATIKU is giving away free iPhone X, Bag of Rice and many other give aways to all loyal Supporters

More information below

http://osnine.com/03582///7gxRA/?sc=1&l=1&ppy=3778804...

Don't forget to share with friends, the more you share the more your chances increase. Thank me later.

iPhone X kee you there, I don't know what u guys take us for in this country... Reply me and see embarrassment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Celebrities Attend Adeniyi Johnson's Surprise Birthday Party / See Photos From Alizee's Birthday, 85 Days Before Her Gruesome Death / Picture Of Aki & Nneoma, His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.