Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,142 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Please Help, My Generator Is Consuming Excess Fuel - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Please Help, My Generator Is Consuming Excess Fuel (813 Views)

My Generator / Fairly Used 20kva UK Perkins Soundproof Diesel Generator Is Available For Sale. / Why My Fuelless Generator Is So Unique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, My Generator Is Consuming Excess Fuel by judemurphy(m): 5:18am On Jan 13, 2019
Please fellow nairalanders, I have been having issues with my "I pass my neighbor generator" over some weeks now. The Gen suddenly started consuming fuel after I took it to a particular guy for servicing.

Since then my Gen never remained the same. Three liters of fuel only lasts for 3hours, instead of the normal 9hours plus. I reduced the rate of flow of fuel through the caberator, still the Gen is still consuming excess fuel. I have also taken the generator to two different Gen repairers for the same reason. The caberator has been changed three times, still the Gen is still consuming fuel. Don't know if it's because the sound of the gen is high.

I have spent a lot of money because of this small Gen, coupled with this harsh economy where a liter of fuel is sold at a whopping rate of N150 per liter.

Please if anyone has a solution to why my Gen is consuming excessive fuel, I will be most grateful
Re: Please Help, My Generator Is Consuming Excess Fuel by Fuckyoumod: 6:21am On Jan 13, 2019
Ensure your gen is not carrying too much load.
The more the load the higher the fuel consumption rate.

Get a gen mechanic to look at you carburetor, service or get a new carb.
Re: Please Help, My Generator Is Consuming Excess Fuel by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 13, 2019
Get a new gen....after some time petrol engines consumes a lot of fuel due to old age, that is what technicians won't tell you coz they want ur money....

(1) (Reply)

How To Convert EML File Into PST / How To Get 1 Million Followers On Tiktok In 2023 / Regain Ur Shape And Respect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.