Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit (27792 Views)

My Prepaid Meter Tripping Off And On / How Do I Load The Activation Token On My Conlog Prepaid Meter? / Prepaid Meter Codes| How To Recharge & Check Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by HisMajesty1(m): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2017
Good evening house, I just purchased some power units while returning from work, on getting to my Pre-paid meter box to load in my token, I found out that the screen was blank, I typed numbers but nothing displayed and this is the first time I am observing this in four years of usage. Although, there is no power supply at the moment. Please Nairalanders what could be the problem?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by Hashimyussufamao(m): 5:42pm On Sep 12, 2017
write am dere nh
Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by timibare(m): 7:02am On Dec 22, 2019
HisMajesty1:
Good evening house, I just purchased some power units while returning from work, on getting to my Pre-paid meter box to load in my token, I found out that the screen was blank, I typed numbers but nothing displayed and this is the first time I am observing this in four years of usage. Although, there is no power supply at the moment. Please Nairalanders what could be the problem?
my prepaid meter jes developed same issue, how did you rectify yours?
Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by HisMajesty1(m): 9:31am On Dec 22, 2019
timibare:
It came up back when power was restored.
Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by bmdmixer: 9:48am On Dec 22, 2019
no light n u want ur meter to display digit embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by HisMajesty1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2019
bmdmixer:
no light n u want ur meter to display digit embarassed
In my own case, I was still new to it then. I know better right now.
Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by Sage7(m): 11:16am On Feb 09, 2021
timibare:

I presently have this same issue. Please how did you rectify yours??
Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by timibare(m): 12:21pm On Feb 09, 2021
Sage7:

I presently have this same issue. Please how did you rectify yours??
the two wires from meter to the card reader box.....one of the wires was faulty (cut) I had to remove both wires and fix with new cables....boom it worked
P.S I didn't fix it myself I called an engineer to fix it....but I paid attention to wat e did....so that's all baba

1 Like

Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by Sage7(m): 1:38pm On Feb 09, 2021
timibare:
the two wires from meter to the card reader box.....one of the wires was faulty (cut) I had to remove both wires and fix with new cables....boom it worked
P.S I didn't fix it myself I called an engineer to fix it....but I paid attention to wat e did....so that's all baba

Thanks chief. The electrician I called said it can’t be fixed but electricity unit will never end. Like free light for life?? He said yes.

I kind of doubted him but I don’t want Ikeja electric’s Wahala
Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by Tobidarker02: 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Sage7:

Thanks chief. The electrician I called said it can’t be fixed but electricity unit will never end. Like free light for life?? He said yes.

I kind of doubted him but I don’t want Ikeja electric’s Wahala
I am having the same issue please
What did you later do to rectify it?
Was he right about the free light?
Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by Sage7(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
Tobidarker02:

I am having the same issue please
What did you later do to rectify it?
Was he right about the free light?

He was doggone right. But I had it fixed the following week because those officials do random inspections & I did not want them to make away with my meter. I was told I could be whisked away too because it’s a very serious offense with dire consequences.

Anyways, I don leave Nigeria for them …lol

1 Like

Re: Help! My Prepaid Meter Is Not Displaying Any Digit by Tobidarker02: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2022
Sage7:

He was doggone right. But I had it fixed the following week because those officials do random inspections & I did not want them to make away with my meter. I was told I could be whisked away too because it’s a very serious offense with dire consequences.

Anyways, I don leave Nigeria for them …lol
grin
Okay thank you

(1) (Reply)

Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him / 5 Biggest Technology Myths / NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.