Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? (17571 Views)

Types Of Sexual Acts Young People Should Avoid / About The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / 4 Major Things Ruining Young People Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by Holybwoy: 8:50am On Jan 13, 2019
"and David danced like a crazy man before God"
"and David was a man after God's heart"
"and David rolled on the bare floor with his royal robes just to worship God and people thought he was crazy"

These 3 verses from the bible summarizes how God intends for man to worship him.. You guessed right. Like a mad dog!
You'd be amazed how young people dance like mad dogs and channel all their young vibes to dancing Zanku (very energy draining dance not meant for people who haven't had a complete 3 square meal). I do too and it's fun..

But at church, when I begin to dance, people still look at me like "what is wrong with this guy? Is he on drugs? What makes him so happy?
I am not the most righteous but I have learnt to thank God in anyway I can by dancing ridiculously and with all my energy zapped and drained in his presence because it's my only way of saying thank you to him for all his mercies..

Sometimes, I am usually alone and sometimes, I am joined by Old people who appreciates what I am doing.
My fellow young people are either pressing phone, sitting down or gisting.. Some are even looking for the next prey to chyke in church..

Our idea of worship in this generation isn't good enough and we have to begin to take the bull by the Horn if we need to experience the goodness of God..

What can be done to correct this?
TosteMedia Inc

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by gearmonkeyng: 8:55am On Jan 13, 2019
The way pastors, your daddy and mommy and your crush look at someone when one dances like a "maddog" in church makes me shy away from that idea..

My crush be like "Is this brother Simeon"?

In other note;
Need a sound camera? Need a headset? GearMonkey specalizes in Cameras and accessories and we will order it from Amazon and deliver to your doorstep in one week or less..
Click on the link in my signature to place your order..
Follow gearmonkeyng on IG

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by tosteMedia: 9:01am On Jan 13, 2019
I get to church late.. to avoid tithes and offering time grin grin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:13am On Jan 13, 2019
Holybwoy:
"and David danced like a crazy man before God"
"and David was a man after God's heart"
"and David rolled on the bare floor with his royal robes just to worship God and people thought he was crazy"

These 3 verses from the bible summarizes how God intends for man to worship him.. You guessed right. Like a mad dog!

Our idea of worship in this generation isn't good enough and we have to begin to take the bull by the Horn if we need to experience the goodness of God..

SO.. UNTIL PEOPLE START DANCING LIKE "MAD DOGS" BEFORE THEY CAN RECEIVE BLESSINGS FROM GOD? WOW. undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by babyfaceafrica: 9:13am On Jan 13, 2019
Nigerians are hypocrites

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by mymadam(m): 9:13am On Jan 13, 2019
undecided Becos they are 'madly unpredictable'

1 Like

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:14am On Jan 13, 2019
Hmmmmm, deep

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by Passionate888: 9:14am On Jan 13, 2019
I don't dance in the club, I'm shy and don't know how to dance.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by Demayour: 9:14am On Jan 13, 2019
They give to each setting what it requires. Remember "give unto Caesar..."

Actually, that's what happens when a generation is given to religion without righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by 1zynnvn(m): 9:14am On Jan 13, 2019
Lol, they should dance like mad dogs in churches too abi.
If they want to be mad they should be mad everywhere and everytime.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019
Becos Christians are pretenders

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by DMerciful(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019
They don't want to appear ungodly for dancing the dance they know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by GeoAfrikana(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019
Because they are their real selves in club but hypocrites in church.

But measuring piety with dancing seems odd to me
lipsrsealed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by dingbang(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019
They will avoid this thread like a plague .
Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by JerryLegend(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019
I weak myself OP
Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by Elthugnificent(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by Guapismo: 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019
its because everyone is forming na,
Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by Dunamis0001(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019
Lolzz.
i dont dance much but when i do, my pastor's daughter thinks i'm possessed.
she might just refuse to sing praise nd worship with me in za oza room nxt tym.
Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by slawomir: 9:15am On Jan 13, 2019
Isoright

People won't dance like mad dogs in church because they know deep down in their heart the so called God does not exist

They are being cajoled and persuaded to believe that one imaginary being exist that over see the affair of the universe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by seunmohmoh(f): 9:16am On Jan 13, 2019
You can't compare the gbedu in club to church,if they play the same gbedu they play in club in church then you will definitely lose focus on the word of God. Church is meant to be peaceful not loud like club.

GIVE GOD WHAT BELONGS TO GOD,AND CAESAR WHAT BELONGS TO CAESAR.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by KingLennon(m): 9:16am On Jan 13, 2019
Me I still dance in the church though....like this

1 Like

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by soberdrunk(m): 9:16am On Jan 13, 2019
No "Shayo" in the church....... angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by ukaface(f): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2019
Because we are all hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by otipoju(m): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2019
It is learned behavior and it is called "coded things "
Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by Darkseid(m): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2019
OP tell me the name of your church and the location, make I come fire one corner there next week.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by canalily(m): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2019
so you want God to see them as mad dogs too just as you have seen them?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by Anijay1212(m): 9:18am On Jan 13, 2019
Op abeg no just provoke me dis morning o...
Apart from David who else danced and rolled on the floor for God,even his son did no such thing.
We all have our different ways of worshiping and appreciating God.
It's a matter of choice.
Come o... Op na you be dat for dat pix? Chai no wonder.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by ipobarecriminals: 9:18am On Jan 13, 2019
sad influence of W,stuff in green bottles,wild

1 Like

Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by Tuljaking(m): 9:18am On Jan 13, 2019
Use your common sense mod dem dey sell henessy for church [i][/i]
Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by jaxxy(m): 9:18am On Jan 13, 2019
Ideology I guess
Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by genternity(m): 9:19am On Jan 13, 2019
You want me to start dancing Awilo for church,when church songs is too dull
Re: Why Do Young People Dance Like Maddog In Club & Parties But Act Cool In Church? by canalily(m): 9:19am On Jan 13, 2019
ukaface:
Because we are all hypocrites.
so you are the female 2Face?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / The Skeleton Of Goliath Found...pics / Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.