Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,605 members, 7,865,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? (10140 Views)

What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? / 3 Keys In Serving God Consistently / How To Know The Man Who Is Not Serving God Anywhere In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Bacteriologist(m): 10:40am On Jan 27, 2019
Mekanus:
Hahaha, so when you die and find out you have been serving the wrong God what then happens, Since they are more than 1000 Gods? I am using my sense that's why I don't waste it serving an imaginary being.

This your "logic" is called Pascal's wager and has been disproved umpteen times. Wake up!

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by jaxxy(m): 10:45am On Jan 27, 2019
Omooba77:
My observation is that many youths are in church serving in one position or the other today because of what they can get like jobs, wife/husband, connection and so on.
May God help us to truely love Christ!

It is because of the pastors and heads of the church. I can’t really blame the youths much cos they have set a bad example and twisted idea of service, importantance and greatness with false humility.
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by jaxxy(m): 10:49am On Jan 27, 2019
Bacteriologist:

This your "logic" is called Pascal's wager and has been disproved umpteen times. Wake up!

Till date and for millions of years man cannot understand the full dept of science, life and human existence. Does that mean science is not real
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Seandisputed(m): 10:58am On Jan 27, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
This is because of the unbalanced gospel that has corrupted our current Christianity whereby Jesus Christ is preached as a means to an end {miracles, signs, job-opportunity, marital-engagements, promotions, financial-favors, healing e.t.c} instead of THE END ITSELF (ETERNAL LIFE) that permits both advantages and disadvantages.

The problem with our Christian belief started when preachers started preaching Jesus Christ as a means to an end(Miracles, financial-favors, marital-engagements, marital-bliss, job-opportunities, wealth, healing, prosperity e.t.c) and NOT THE END ITSELF{LIFE ETERNAL}.
Unless we preach CHRIST JESUS CRUCIFIED ALONE as the END and ALL THAT ANY HUMAN BEING NEEDS at every tick of time on this earth more erroneous doctrines, juju-men on suits, shrine-centers in the name of synagogues and prayer-houses will abound wrecking peoples' life especially in Africa and this generation.
Repetition of the Sound gospel of Grace{repent from sin/unbelief, believe in Jesus Christ in order to receive eternal life, submit your whole being; spirit, soul and body to the Holy Spirit to possess through daily consistent and progressive bible to discover more about JESUS CHRIST and grow in GRACE both as an individual and as a member in your fellowship/Church} is NEVER BORING because the Holy Spirit releases his freshness/anointing/grace each time it is preached, releases ETERNAL LIFE AND GRACE to attend to each individual and family as IT PLEASES HIM and AT HIS OWN TIME!!!
You've said it all.
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Elxandre(m): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2019
ednut1:
Girls who sleep around are mostly church workers lol. Looking for innocent man to trap
Including the ones always preaching on whatsapp status and social media?
Asking for a friend cry

1 Like

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by DavidEsq(m): 11:18am On Jan 27, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
This is because of the unbalanced gospel that has corrupted our current Christianity whereby Jesus Christ is preached as a means to an end {miracles, signs, job-opportunity, marital-engagements, promotions, financial-favors, healing e.t.c} instead of THE END ITSELF (ETERNAL LIFE) that permits both advantages and disadvantages.

The problem with our Christian belief started when preachers started preaching Jesus Christ as a means to an end(Miracles, financial-favors, marital-engagements, marital-bliss, job-opportunities, wealth, healing, prosperity e.t.c) and NOT THE END ITSELF{LIFE ETERNAL}.
Unless we preach CHRIST JESUS CRUCIFIED ALONE as the END and ALL THAT ANY HUMAN BEING NEEDS at every tick of time on this earth more erroneous doctrines, juju-men on suits, shrine-centers in the name of synagogues and prayer-houses will abound wrecking peoples' life especially in Africa and this generation.
Repetition of the Sound gospel of Grace{repent from sin/unbelief, believe in Jesus Christ in order to receive eternal life, submit your whole being; spirit, soul and body to the Holy Spirit to possess through daily consistent and progressive bible to discover more about JESUS CHRIST and grow in GRACE both as an individual and as a member in your fellowship/Church} is NEVER BORING because the Holy Spirit releases his freshness/anointing/grace each time it is preached, releases ETERNAL LIFE AND GRACE to attend to each individual and family as IT PLEASES HIM and AT HIS OWN TIME!!!
thumbs up! But Jesus Christ was killed; not crucified. To say he was crucified, we fall into the error of saying he died on a cross which is not true according to the bible. Why? Deuteronomy 21:22-23 says: "And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree: his body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any way Bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God) and thy land shall not be defiled, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance". This same Jewish tradition was the basis for which Jesus body was removed before nightfall at John 19:31.
Take note of the word "tree". Bearing in mind that the bible was translated Greek (see the septuagint-Google), it is therefore imperative to know the Greek word for "cross". The form of Greek that was spoken at that time was Homeric and classical Greek, which renders the word "strauros" which means an upright stake or pole or a piece of paling on which anything might be hung or which might be used in impaling or fencing in a piece of ground" Wikipedia records that in the literature of that time (during Homeric or classical greek), it never means two pieces of timber placed across one another at an angle but always one piece alone.....". This Homeric or classical Greek began to fade by the 3/4th century (300 - 400AD).
How then did the cross become two beams placed at angles to each other? The pagans of ancient babylon and Egypt worshipped a god of fertility named Tammuz Ezekiel 8:14 mentions this god Tammuz. The babylonians used the letter T to represent Tammuz. However, this letter T was not like today's T. It was shaped in a cross form, with the bar at the top lowered a bit and the "i" stretching thru the bar "-", to appear like a cross. Emperor Constantine adopted this symbol as the instrument upon which Christ was killed.
The Internet I our friend and today, we have a good opportunity to find facts.
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by kumulus(m): 11:20am On Jan 27, 2019
Simple, youths aren't genuinely serving God because they don't know Him, they don't know their "Self". To know oneself is to know God and also we confuse the true meaning of the mysteries of the logias.
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 27, 2019
ednut1:
Girls who sleep around are mostly church workers lol. Looking for innocent man to trap

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by elijahkayode(m): 11:44am On Jan 27, 2019
jaxxy:

Till date and for millions of years man cannot understand the full dept of science, life and human existence. Does that mean science is not real

Don't mind them serving God is not by work but by his Grace, just because some people can feel and understand God spirit doesn't mean everybody can
God also said I've kept 5000 out of the humans to do my will. Happy are my spiritual brothers cause some people want to serve, feel, hear God but they cant

1 Like

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by ednut1(m): 11:44am On Jan 27, 2019
Elxandre:

Including the ones always preaching on whatsapp status and social media?
Asking for a friend cry
babe wey i catch fuking oga during my IT days. Always posted biblical quotes daily on fb. No be today

1 Like

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2019
I don't worship any stupid god,I live my life based on my own defined morals.if god wants my worship, let him/her tell me to my face
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by ahahnow: 11:55am On Jan 27, 2019
Go and ask your grandfather
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by litaninja(m): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2019
Lol. Is the religion genuine?
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Originalsly: 12:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
Gforce2019:

How do you know youth don't serve God....
All the great men of God you are hearing their names now started serving God from their youth....

Think before you start thread....

Did he say youths don't serve God? Read and understand ...then think before you comment.

@ topic. I think the youths are misguided by the soooo many prosperity pastors whose message is the church is the way to riches instead of to eternal life. The youths in turn basically join the church... invest their tithes etc and be there waiting on their turn for God to pick their number. Many willingly attend because of fear.... fear that if they stay away it will spoil their chance to blow.
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Christmasdon(m): 12:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
Youths are the pressure group!
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by showafrica(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
The girls come to sample big nyash while the boys come to look

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by EdenH: 12:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
Gforce2019:
How do you know youth don't serve God....
All the great men of God you are hearing their names now started serving God from their youth....

Think before you start thread....
and who are the great 'god of men'?
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Alsayer: 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mobilia:
This is the same issue that has been plaguing the church at least since the middle- end of the last century..with the explosion of modernization and technology.
The world has and is fluencing the church more than the church influencing the world.

If what the world has to offer, is placed on the highest pedastal in the youths' hearts, then that is what will be sought after.
It's truly one simple spiritual reason though: no true heart conversion.
I know I sound like a tape-recorder, but it comes down to the heart.he youth in churches worldwide, probably cannot make the decision to leave the church yet or just not attend, so they just bring the "world" in.
They begrudgingly serve..
It's a "barter/trade" relationship."
"I'll serve, but I better get something out of it" type of mentality.
One foot in the church and the other "outside" of it.
So the worldy mentality comes into the church..and dominates.
I'm not judging, but I know its a problem in the U.S. also.
Parents/guardians have to do better job in laying a very firm biblical foundation...I would say.

It's because the laws and and texts in the bible and other religious books are outdated and do not conform with modern society.

If we keep abiding to millenias old texts written by a bunch of unknown old people in the past, we'll never progress as a species. Religion only preaches stagnation.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mobilia:
This is the same issue that has been plaguing the church at least since the middle- end of the last century..with the explosion of modernization and technology.
The world has and is fluencing the church more than the church influencing the world.

If what the world has to offer, is placed on the highest pedastal in the youths' hearts, then that is what will be sought after.
I know I sound like a tape-recorder, but it comes down to the heart.he youth in churches worldwide, probably cannot make the decision to leave the church yet or just not attend, so they just bring the "world" in.
Parents/guardians have to do better job in laying a very firm biblical foundation...I would say.
Well I have met some youths that are on fire. Their holy living makes me afraid that is it the same heaven that these youths are going to that I also want to go to. And there are some other youths that will still appear that will turn the world upside down for Jesus in this end time. Though it is all by grace.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Alsayer: 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2019
jaxxy:

Science doesn't know everything. Religion knows nothing
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by jaxxy(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
Alsayer:

Science doesn't know everything. Religion knows nothing

Then u don’t not know or understand religion or history or Ure in denial to suit ur personal ideology of life.
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Jakalx: 1:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
uthlaw:
how do you want us to serve God again despite the calamities religion cause Africans...
Reverse your statement. Africans have used religion to cause calamities upon themselves...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Tejiriseth(m): 1:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
You talk well.
Very well.
Anyways, some Youths have left the Church and Spirituality totally.!
No Big deal.!
Mobilia:

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
Omooba77:
My observation is that many youths are in church serving in one position or the other today because of what they can get like jobs, wife/husband, connection and so on.
May God help us to truely love Christ!
Simple Lust of the world. Youths are battling with the love of the world. It is not easy and 99% of pastors are preaching prosperity instead of grace to overcome sin. The Spirit of Lust in the world is far stronger now adays than 10 years ago. Prosperity is the major problem. Pastors are no more preaching of the difficulty of serving God with riches but instead are preaching that prosperity is the way to heaven. I know a youth that God has promised to pour His greatest wrath on if he or she loves the things of this world. May God help us.
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Gforce2019: 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
EdenH:
and who are the great 'god of men'?

Ask Google for details
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by mechanics(m): 2:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
hahahaha, that's right, the main issue is self, when that self is dealt with, we will be able to serve God acceptably without any earthly reward.
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
DavidEsq:

thumbs up! But Jesus Christ was killed; not crucified. To say he was crucified, we fall into the error of saying he died on a cross which is not true according to the bible. Why? Deuteronomy 21:22-23 says: "And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree: his body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any way Bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God) and thy land shall not be defiled, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance". This same Jewish tradition was the basis for which Jesus body was removed before nightfall at John 19:31.
Take note of the word "tree". Bearing in mind that the bible was translated Greek (see the septuagint-Google), it is therefore imperative to know the Greek word for "cross". The form of Greek that was spoken at that time was Homeric and classical Greek, which renders the word "strauros" which means an upright stake or pole or a piece of paling on which anything might be hung or which might be used in impaling or fencing in a piece of ground" Wikipedia records that in the literature of that time (during Homeric or classical greek), it never means two pieces of timber placed across one another at an angle but always one piece alone.....". This Homeric or classical Greek began to fade by the 3/4th century (300 - 400AD).
How then did the cross become two beams placed at angles to each other? The pagans of ancient babylon and Egypt worshipped a god of fertility named Tammuz Ezekiel 8:14 mentions this god Tammuz. The babylonians used the letter T to represent Tammuz. However, this letter T was not like today's T. It was shaped in a cross form, with the bar at the top lowered a bit and the "i" stretching thru the bar "-", to appear like a cross. Emperor Constantine adopted this symbol as the instrument upon which Christ was killed.
The Internet I our friend and today, we have a good opportunity to find facts.
Ok friend, let me lend you wisdom through the Holy Spirit. There might be an element of truth in what you said, but it doesnt change the fact Christ was crucified. I explain.

A man's life terminated by any tangible form or method of execution whether he's innocent or guilty of crime; the word 'killed' can be used bc generally man has fallen short of the glory of God, even a baby born now.

On the other hand, its vain and spiritually misleading when one adopts same for Christ bc He was without sin and clean before God and man.

So its good to use the word 'crucified' whether its on the conventional widely believed cross he died on or not. Now to bring it to a factual close, when tribulation and persecution caught up with Christ's disciples, and Peter was about to be exterminated the same way Christ died, what did Peter say can you remember or havent you heard about that event?

Peter simply told his executioners that they should turn the cross upside down and that he isnt worthy to take the Master's position in death...my focus isnt the cross but the spiritual understanding of avoiding error
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by DavidEsq(m): 2:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ranks007:
Ok friend, let me lend you wisdom through the Holy Spirit. There might be an element of truth in what you said, but it doesnt change the fact Christ was crucified. I explain.

A man's life terminated by any tangible form or method of execution whether he's innocent or guilty of crime; the word 'killed' can be used bc generally man has fallen short of the glory of God, even a baby born now.

On the other hand, its vain and spiritually misleading when one adopts same for Christ bc He was without sin and clean before God and man.

So its good to use the word 'crucified' whether its on the conventional widely believed cross he died on or not. Now to bring it to a factual close, when tribulation and persecution caught up with Christ's disciples, and Peter was about to be exterminated the same way Christ died, what did Peter say can you remember or havent you heard about that event?

Peter simply told his executioners that they should turn the cross upside down and that he isnt worthy to take the Master's position in death...my focus isnt the cross but the spiritual understanding of avoiding error
So a spiritual understanding of avoiding error does not lead to actually avoiding the error? Damn! That's epic "knowledge" knowing that spiritual understanding of avoiding an error actually helps us to perpetuate the error and be more contaminated by it, rather than making righteous adjustments. I gotta hand it to u bro
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by EdenH: 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
Gforce2019:

Ask Google for details
Be my google for today sir
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2019
DavidEsq:

So a spiritual understanding of avoiding error does not lead to actually avoiding the error? Damn! That's epic "knowledge" knowing that spiritual understanding of avoiding an error actually helps us to perpetuate the error and be more contaminated by it, rather than making righteous adjustments. I gotta hand it to u bro
They say knowledge is power.

There is no way spiritual understanding of avoiding an error actually helps us to perpetuate the error and be more contaminated by it.

So can one make righteous judgement without knowledge especially the spiritual one?

I have never come across this question but as I read it, answer came. Are you born again and filled with the Holy Spirit?
Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
"because of what they can get like jobs, wife/husband,
connection and so on"

Law of cause and effect is a relationship between events or things, where one is the result of the other or others.

God has conditions for you as well, to serve and make heaven. Else hell.

Meaning, it is a cause and effect. Serve me and you will not enter hell. So we also have will power. That means we also can give conditions to serve. Money or I will not serve. Connection or not.

Don't form things you are never are. Christians are hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? by Hahjascho(m): 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
1. This is because the END TIME is near (it will shock many may God count me worthy) as it had been prophesied. Similar things happened in the days of Noah in fact what is happening now in this present generation is more grievous than what happened in the days of Noah and Sodom/Gomorrah......2Timothy 3:1-4.....this is the real truth every one must take...lest it meets us unawares.

2. Many don't know Christ personally....so they believe on the testimonies of those who seems to have met him which only is not enough.

3.Insatiable negative usage of MODERNIZATION AND TECHNOLOGY....
It's a real fact that the highest form of information whether good or bad can now been gotten in speed of light..... so giving room for negative mind renewal with junks which control their lives.....YOU ARE PHYSICAL MANIFESTATION OF WHAT YOU FILL WITH YOUR HEART.

4. Many are not visionary.... or I rather say many are slaves to pressure of Emulation. My friend does that, acquires that e.t.c.

5.Many don't have God -fearing Mentors....or some were not given proper God -fearing teachings and lessons from home... though this is no man's story as journey to heaven is ON YOUR OWN JOURNEY.

6.Many don't study Scripture, I tell you no greater motivational quote supersedes what you have in Bible.... the beginning of going astray is prevention from studying Bible.... It's a book of TRUTH...so they are far from the truth.......MANY LISTEN TO RESPOND, SO MANY STUDY SCRIPTURE TO BOLSTER AN ARGUMENT, or proof read a fact...never will the true knowledge be revealed...... it's only opened to renewed heart.

The end is near, LIFE AFTER DEATH IS REAL.

let me just stop here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Death To The INFIDELS -Dr. Aderemi Akin [pics] / I Am Hardmirror (picture) / Christmas, The Best Season Of The Year Worldwide!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.