Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? (3398 Views)

Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas / The Covenant Of Prophet Muhammad With The Christians Of Sinai / The Forgotten Christians Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 9:30pm On Feb 09, 2019
budaatum:

And the so called Christians will be arguing with you that what they see with their Jesusglasses, you too should see it with your blind eyes. And when you can't see it, they will claim you are the fool!

Arranger, stop blaming your unseeability on the thing you don't see when it is your eyes that you should get Jesusglasses for so you can see! If you are interested.

As to you Christians, you are the fools! Fools for telling blind people to see what only the unblind Jesusglasses wearing people alone can see! Jesus filled people would direct them to the optician!
I'd rather be blind then....

2 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by budaatum: 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheArranger:

I'd rather be blind then....
"It's a choice", a Christian responds, resolving to pray for your type.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 15, 2019
JujuSugar:

Oh it does, right?
What if i told you there never were a literal Adam and Eve who were a couple and were the ancestors of all of humanity? I'll advise checking out this link ===> https://whyevolutionistrue./2011/06/02/adam-and-eve-the-ultimate-standoff-between-science-and-faith-and-a-contest/
a) Genetic evidence shows that the smallest bottleneck in the human population never fell below 10,000 people.
b) For individual genes, you can calculate a last common ancestor, and since mitochondrial and Y-chromosome DNA don't mix during reproduction like the rest of our genes, you can find last common ancestors for them in totality, and all of our individual genes, our Y-chromosomes, and our mitochondrial DNA have different common ancestors alive at different times throughout history.
For more info ===> https://whyevolutionistrue./2016/12/27/adam-and-eve-more-than-two-ancestors/
Before you come back with a rebuttal, check out these links!

And I ask again, where are the official peer reviewed journals to support this assertion?

a) Like I said, there's evidence that Noah's Ark could have been borrowed from the Assyrian's Gilgamesh flood myth....which was probably taken from the epic of Atrahasis ....which was mostly likely parroted from the tale of Ziusudra.....
https://www.ancient.eu/article/227/the-atrahasis-epic-the-great-flood--the-meaning-of/
b) Shadeyinka, you do realize we've not even begun to argue this global flood properly, right? Like we haven't even begun to consider just how global this flood was, precipitation, the volume of water, issues with the ark like how the animals were gathered etc etc......
c) Shadeyinka, how was the fossil record sorted in an order convenient for evolution if they were laid down in the turmoil of a single flood? Can you explain this?

Before we continue, are you also aware that NDEs can be induced chemically? The More You Know...

Now we have to establish that there are NDEs and there are veridical NDEs.
Veridical NDEs: Near death experiences in which the person sees something they couldn't otherwise have known while "flat-lining" and others are able to verify that what they saw is actually correct
Not ONE case of veridical NDEs has ever been confirmed under a scientifically controlled setting.

There is a saying that goes: Make sure of the effect before wondering the cause
The mind’s eye isn’t blind, just as people have said they felt the "feeling" of flying. It doesn’t negate that that’s what the person may have felt anymore than you can dissect how people remember things in their mind by using a visual to remind themselves. I am sure that if I ask you right now to describe a plate of jollof rice with salad, fish and beef, your mind will create the visual for you. Just because someone is blind doesn’t mean they won’t have some idea what jollof rice is, even if they never "saw" one. It maybe different than your version of jollof rice, but it doesn’t make it any less valid of an experience.

Shadeyinka, won't you expect that if any particular religious accounts of the afterlife were true, every NDE would pretty much be the same?

Our phemonenology is wholly fabricated. You don't need to die to realize that, you can simply go to sleep. Disembodiment and hallucination can creep into regular consciousness or be induced narcotically. There isnt much remarkable in NDEs.
The problem is that Christian mythology isn't particularly descriptive of what phenomenal experience is like after death. It kind of retrofitted Judaism with bits of Hellenistic demonology and tied it up with some bizarro prophetic eschatology. You shouldn't really be going to heaven straight after dying, or should you? Isnt there supposed to be a final judgement and resurrection of the dead? Are these ideas metaphorical or incorporeal? Nobody really knows, which is why you get such a diversity of NDE reports.

http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/02/foerster-pye-and-ketchum-collaborate-paracas-elongated-skull-exposed-its/

===>Ancient hair naturally turns reddish in color from a darker shade. So that's not unexpected.
===>Artificial Cranial Deformation is suspected to increase the production of wormian bones, the irregular bones in cranial sutures. This means cranial deformation could potentially increase skull volume.
===>Looking at modern artifically deformed skulls, there are similar shapes and what appear to me to be obviously increased volume..

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that evolution is real and has happened. With the Bible's account of creation, there isn't the tiniest shred of evidence to prove that it might have happened. The only reason people believe in it is faith. Ultimately, evolution is easier to defend than creationism. That's all that matters

Sleep tight
I like the way you write smiley

1 Like

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by JujuSugar(f): 1:34am On Feb 15, 2019
Thank you smiley
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Darevofpeace(m): 3:06am On Feb 15, 2019
TheArranger:
Christians of nairaland, if when you die, Anubis is waiting for you instead of Jesus, what will you say?
P.S Its a hypothetical question, so please don't overreact
The same question apply to you,what about if I am right and you are wrong, above all else,the first attribute you have in your life when you have Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour is "Divine Peace" you can't explain it but you are too sure that the future is gonna be alright and you do not loose your sleep over any challenges.

1 Like

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 10:44am On Feb 18, 2019
Darevofpeace:
The same question apply to you,what about if I am right and you are wrong, above all else,the first attribute you have in your life when you have Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour is "Divine Peace" you can't explain it but you are too sure that the future is gonna be alright and you do not loose your sleep over any challenges.
Answer my question. Then I'll answer yours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: Fufiling God's Purpose For Our Life / According To The Bible:if Your Wife Saves Your Life,you Cut Off Her Hand! / How To Become A True Disciple Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.