Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? (3399 Views)

Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas / The Covenant Of Prophet Muhammad With The Christians Of Sinai / The Forgotten Christians Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by shadeyinka(m): 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2019
Hermes019:
Christ !!!,you are killing me,so u expect me to provide a scientific instrument like a thermometer to measure love,love is a feeling,it is intangible if I may put it that way,but we know it exists because we can demonstrate it,this is all I have said,I never mentioned anything about quantifying it,so I ask you a simple question
Can Spirituality be demonstrated, if so ,how ?

First off,love can be proven,do u think otherwise ?
It seems you don't know my position when it comes to belief in God, I understand that a lot of things can not be proven and may well be beyond the understanding of humans but I am not blind to believe or accept any explanation as TRUTH,I may not know the depth of the Pacific ocean,but I am certain it is not 50000000000000000000000000 metres,I may not know how the unuverse was formed but I know that the account giving in the bible and other religions are false,if God is only described as "the entity that created the universe",nothing else attached, and the word " create" in this context simply meaning "influencing the formation of the universe" without any particular pattern or means being referenced, then I am agnostic,I would also consider myself agnostic if u were talking of a deistic,pantheistic or even panentheistic God,but when u describe God as an anthropomorphic being,whose features,nature and will is defined then I must see myself as an atheist in that regard,and I think that is why u view me as such,for the purpose of clarity I would always use the word YHWH so I am not misunderstood, u can use God or whatever u like,I know u are still referring to YHWH

You said you can not prove your God to me and I responded by telling you in the same way "I can't prove my atheism to you"

I remember mentioning this in a previous thread,all religions do not agree on what is right or wrong,of course there are certain actions perceived to be right or wrong common to all religions,but there must be at least one act that is right only in a particular religion but wrong in others vice versa,you can not be a perfect Christian and still satisfy the criteria for Anubis' moral scale

Really ?
Tell me more @ the bolded
-In my Father's house there are many mansion...
-Some Christians will enter Paradise as with the skin of their teeth (... without any reward)
-some Christians works would burn at judgement (so we are implored to build on the original foundation of Christ with things of value.

That is why heaven isn't a blanket Bliss for everyone is repaid back according to how they have performed in
1. Loving God and Fellow Man
2. Using their Gifts and Talents to edify believers
3. Preaching and winning Souls for Christ
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 3:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
I'm not sure what else there is to say here. If we die and find ourselves face to face with Anubis, then we were completely wrong.

But that is not the point, is it? The real question is this: is it equally possible to see Anubis as it is to see Jesus?

That is my question to you, TheArranger. What do you think? Are they equally possible? If you think they are, why do you? If one is more, why do you think it is?

1 Like

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Golden6(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2019
Good Day Believer's,

I had a question , about God, and I made the following assumptions about God to ask it;

God can do Anything
God Knows Everything
God loves Everyone Equally
When Sinners die , they go to hell

And someone , who claims to be born again made the following statements in his attempt to answer my question;

God Cannot do Anything
God Does Not know Everything
The soul of dead sinners are destroyed, they do not go to hell.

Most importantly , Not only did he claim God does not love Everyone , he also claimed that God loving everyone is a very stupid idea.

Is that truly what most Believer's believe in ? I am honestly shocked by his views.. especially on that about God's love.

Here is the link to the question I asked,

https://www.nairaland.com/5007574/argument-god-does-not-exist#75489803

Please , try and help me understand how God Exists , and who he is. Thank you
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
I'm not sure what else there is to say here. If we die and find ourselves face to face with Anubis, then we were completely wrong.

But that is not the point, is it? The real question is this: is it equally possible to see Anubis as it is to see Jesus?

That is my question to you, TheArranger. What do you think? Are they equally possible? If you think they are, why do you? If one is more, why do you think it is?
I don't think either is possible. Now what?

2 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheArranger:

I don't think either is possible. Now what?
Well then, Christians don't think Anubis is possible either. That is why there is no question whether we will see Anubis when we die. We know we won't.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Well then, Christians don't think Anubis is possible either. That is why there is no question whether we will see Anubis when we die. We know we won't.
Why don't you think Anubis is possible?
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheArranger:

Why don't you think Anubis is possible?
Why don't you think both are possible?
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Why don't you think both are possible?
Cause I've seen no objective evidence to suggest either are real? undecided

1 Like

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheArranger:

Cause I've seen no objective evidence to suggest either are real? undecided
Well, there you are. We see no objective evidence to suggest that Anubis is real either.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Well, there you are. We see no objective evidence to suggest that Anubis is real either.
But you have evidence that Jesus is real as described by the Bible. Sure thing, bruv

1 Like

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheArranger:

But you have evidence that Jesus is real as described by the Bible. Sure thing, bruv
Exactly, thank you.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Exactly, thank you.
Mind if i ask for this evidence? I'm interested in it
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheArranger:

You just said what it is. What was I answering before? The Bible testifies that Jesus Christ a Man from Nazareth in Israel was really God Who came in a human body to die for human sins so that we won't need to face God's Condemnation when we die.

What other evidence do you want? You want Him diced and sliced up in a lab before you believe it?
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

You just said what it is. What was I answering before? The Bible testifies that Jesus Christ a Man from Nazareth in Israel was really God Who came in a human body to die for human sins so that we won't need to face God's Condemnation when we die.

What other evidence do you want? You want Him diced and sliced up in a lab before you believe it?
The Bible? LoL. Let's not even go there, mate. grin grin
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheArranger:

The Bible? LoL. Let's not even go there, mate. grin grin
You asked.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

You asked.
The Bible is too flawed to consider as evidence. Try again.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheArranger:

The Bible is too flawed to consider as evidence. Try again.
Sure, whatever you say.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Horiolah(m): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

wait, he died to save me from the sin he created me with ?? but he's still gonna burn my ass_ if I play my genital.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by DeSepiero(m): 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Just like Anubis and ancient Egyptian religion, in due time, Jesus and Christianity will be widely accepted as myths and folklore.
Marvel may even add his character to the 'avengers' along side with Thor and co.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
Horiolah:

wait, he died to save me from the sin he created me with ?? but he's still gonna burn my ass_ if I play my genital.

You should consider a career in creative writing. You'll do well with fiction. Or I think you would if you could figure out the use of capital letters and punctuation.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2019
DeSepiero:

Just like Anubis and ancient Egyptian religion, in due time, Jesus and Christianity will be widely accepted as myths and folklore.
Marvel may even add his character to the 'avengers' along side with Thor and co.
Okay. I hear you. Atheists obviously have a thing for made-up stories like the one you're telling here too.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Horiolah(m): 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

You should consider a career in creative writing. You'll do well with fiction. Or I think you would if you could figure out the use of capital letters and punctuation.

ouch..

roses are red

ihedinobi issa grammar nazi

I can't swear_ without dat sign in front of it

english aren't my pops Languige

Jesus ain't real.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2019
Horiolah:

ouch..

roses are red

ihedinobi issa grammar nazi

I can't swear_ without dat sign in front of it

english aren't my pops Languige

Jesus ain't real.
Sure. Okay.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by DeSepiero(m): 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Okay. I hear you. Atheists obviously have a thing for made-up stories like the one you're telling here too.

...says the theist who believes in talking snakes and donkeys.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Horiolah(m): 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2019
DeSepiero:

he's gonna cry abt evolution and big bang now.
wait for it.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2019
DeSepiero:

Really you guys should try to get the story straight!

Christians believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that one snake spoke. We believe that one donkey spoke. But we believe in Jesus Christ.

But making up stories is something you lot can't help. You need to fill the void you create by rejecting the Truth so you make believe all sorts of things to try to prevent your insanity from consuming you completely.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Horiolah(m): 7:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
shit_ he didn't.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by DeSepiero(m): 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Really you guys should try to get the story straight!

Christians believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that one snake spoke. We believe that one donkey spoke. But we believe in Jesus Christ.

But making up stories is something you lot can't help. You need to fill the void you create by rejecting the Truth so you make believe all sorts of things to try to prevent your insanity from consuming you completely.

Yes. You, NOT atheists, believe in Jesus Christ, along with a compendium of other ridiculous stories found in your book (bible).
While you're so attached to fiction (e.g talking snake / donkey), atheists are concerned with reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Ihedinobi3: 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2019
DeSepiero:

Yes. You, NOT atheists, believe in Jesus Christ, along with a compendium of other ridiculous stories found in your book (bible).
While you're so attached to fiction (e.g talking snake / donkey), atheists are concerned with reality.
Sure. If you say so.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by DeSepiero(m): 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2019
Horiolah:
shit_ he didn't.

LoL
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Horiolah(m): 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2019
Shirk is the greatest sin in Islam, if you're a Christian then you're going to hell cuz you ascribed a son to Allah while on earth.

You can't make heaven without Jesus in Christianity, cuz he said no one is entering his pops house without him.

how the fuck_ am I suppose to know d right without proves??
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by budaatum: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2019
TheArranger:

And the so called Christians will be arguing with you that what they see with their Jesusglasses, you too should see it with your blind eyes. And when you can't see it, they will claim you are the fool!

Arranger, stop blaming your unseeability on the thing you don't see when it is your eyes that you should get Jesusglasses for so you can see! If you are interested.

As to you Christians, you are the fools! Fools for telling blind people to see what only the unblind Jesusglasses wearing people alone can see! Jesus filled people would direct them to the optician!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

According To The Bible:if Your Wife Saves Your Life,you Cut Off Her Hand! / How To Become A True Disciple Of Jesus Christ / Are Yoruba Masquerades Astronauts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.