Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum (11544 Views)

‘missing’ $20bn: Reps Issue Fresh Ultimatum To Okonjo-iweala / Gridlock In Lagos As Tricycle, Okada Riders Endorse Jonathan 0 / Fashola Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by Pukkah: 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2010
obojo:

if you go to luth or lasuth for 2days, you will never take a bike in your life again, the last time i was at lasuth, a secondary school student was killed on his way to school, they will tell you that bike accident patients are the most common in A&E. Bike accidents are just too rampant. [b]Everyone has a friend or relative that has been involved in one[/b].

Fact.
Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by yeshir2001: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2010
I hope those who are commending this effort would still do the same by the time the adverse effect of this measure impact on all of us including all the lawmakers. All the bankers and others who do park their cars at home and hop on okada on normal days now would be forced to bring out their cars.
China is presently experiencing nine-day traffic jam spanning 100Km according to Internet news on yahoo this morning (24 August 2010). Lagos should be expecting something similar with this development.

Anybody that complain of okada not safe and killing a pregnant woman on their way to hospital should also recollect how many times as okada take so many pregnant woman to hospital successfully. Or has it never happen that a car killed a pregnant woman before. If you have not hear about such experience then you can carry out your research along this line.

I pity those who work on the Lagos Island. This is a new hardship laid on the masses. If not why can't the Government make faster mean of transportation such as metroline. then nobody would need to ban any okada because the law of demand and supply would settle everything.
Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 24, 2010
yeshir2001:

I hope those who are commending this effort would still do the same by the time the adverse effect of this measure impact on all of us including all the lawmakers. All the bankers and others who do park their cars at home and hop on okada on normal days now would be forced to bring out their cars.
China is presently experiencing nine-day traffic jam spanning 100Km according to Internet news on yahoo this morning (24 August 2010). Lagos should be expecting something similar with this development.

Anybody that complain of okada not safe and killing a pregnant woman on their way to hospital should also recollect how many times as okada take so many pregnant woman to hospital successfully. Or has it never happen that a car killed a pregnant woman before. If you have not hear about such experience then you can carry out your research along this line.

I pity those who work on the Lagos Island. This is a new hardship laid on the masses. If not why can't the Government make faster mean of transportation such as metroline. then nobody would need to ban any okada because the law of demand and supply would settle everything.
Elsewhere that the law has taken place,did people died after such ban ?
Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by honeric01(m): 10:45am On Aug 24, 2010
And before Okada became this popular, was Lagos not okay?
Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 24, 2010
honeric01:

And before Okada became this popular, was Lagos not okay?
And did you consider the nuisance caused during an unpopular era of lagos compared with a lagos of the modern world
Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by yeshir2001: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2010
Fahola has been trying but this one is not good. I'm not blaming you because I still give it to you anytime any day. Afterall nobody is perfect.

This is another hardship let-loose on Lagosian and I bet is going to affect everybody including the lawmakers and those who commend them.

All the alegation that they use it to rob: they use it to injure etc, etc are true but the same is also true for the cars and other means of transportation. If nobody clamor for banning of other meands of transportion for this same problems, then why okada? Or is it because the rich and the powerful don't ride them ? but those who work for them do.  by the time a messager sent in the morning from lekki to buy something at Idumagbo arrive in the evening time then their eye would open. Heaven fall would be on everybody. We are all together to face the adverse effects.

This is era of democracy. People should have freedom of choice. If I weighed the odds and choose certain means of transportaion over another because of some reasons best known to me, Then why should I be denied of such freedom.

Anything fall-short of this is just inhuman and can be classisfied as class-struggle. This time around the rich and the powerful against the poor and the defenceless.

The next law need to consider banning all other means of transportation because they all have their own peculair and attendance problems that come with their usage. Anything faull-short of this is inequality and fairlessness.
Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by honeric01(m): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

And did you consider the nuisance caused during an unpopular era of lagos compared with a lagos of the modern world

That's what i am trying to know, does it mean without Okada, Lagos can't survive? undecided
Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by obojo(m): 3:37am On Aug 26, 2010
the disadvantages of okada especially on major roads far outshines the advantages, I greatly commend the decision, Robbery and death against getting to your location on time,
Fashola is trying to save lives, I greatly commend the decision
Okada is NOT the solution to traffic congestion
Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by GreenGeen(m): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2010
Gov. Fashola,

You did not clarify these issue well, do you no some people ride private from home to work, work to home privately, by not intervening into commercial purposes, why does you clarify if these people also that rides privately does put on hold by these new law. because i have someone who ride privately to work, he works at Lekki and stays at sango Toll-gate, and earns a little to even cater for his siblings, how does this man copes with this situation. angry

Please look into these mater as it affects private riders also. cry

moreso, Private plate are different from commercial plate numbers please state clearly, these issues as it can cause dispute between two heads. shocked

Please look into it and may God continue to wisdom your talent. wink

EKO O NI BAJE O! grin

Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by Kelvinj(m): 4:24pm On Aug 27, 2010
Well i think its a good thing for lagosians. I remember when the imo state gov wanted 2 stop okada everybody tot it was the end of the world, Well it was the begining of an accident free road cos okada nearly finished everybody. When u go 2 the hospital 9 out of 10 ppl was victims of okada accident. But when the keke napep aka maruwa was introduced for time its was more efficient, economical, reduction of accidents and most of all more money making that the okada. So i blive it Well do more good than harm when introducedsmiley
Re: Lagos Gives Okada Riders Fresh Ultimatum by Kx: 9:57am On Sep 03, 2010
:d

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Built Aso Rock, Who Is The Landlord You Pay Rent To?-IBB To Buhari / Recession Will End In 2017 – Buhari / Latest List Of Oil Producing States By Barrels Produced Perday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.