Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Increasing Dish Size - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Increasing Dish Size (2094 Views)

Dish Size In Suleja Niger State / What Dish Size To Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Increasing Dish Size by warrendam(m): 8:57am On Aug 12, 2010
Hi Nairaland, I must commend the good work done here.

I have a 180cm Dish aimed at 64East with a second LNB receiving from 68East. I however, have failed to get JCTV, Smile of a Child Tv on 64East and UBC TV. I assume it is something to do with the dish size.
I am therefore thinking of locally increasing the size to 240cm. Is it possible to do that and if it is could you please guide me?

Many thanks
Re: Increasing Dish Size by twinskenny(m): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2010
That's sound impossible, but why don't u buy a new 240cm dish? Wats ur location?
Re: Increasing Dish Size by warrendam(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2010
Thanks Twinskenny.

Am in Uganda, Mbale
Re: Increasing Dish Size by twinskenny(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2010
The best bet is to get a new 2.4m dish
Re: Increasing Dish Size by warrendam(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2010
Thanks Twins' for that advice.
I guess I just have to plan for the 2.4m one.

Otherwise do you have any idea on how best to mount a ku LNB on the 1.8m dish to get channels from 68East?
The dish like I earlier put already has 2 LNBs i.e. 64East and 68East, both C band.

Thanks
Re: Increasing Dish Size by twinskenny(m): 11:19am On Aug 12, 2010
you can motorize to get utmost satisfaction and more satellite.
Re: Increasing Dish Size by warrendam(m): 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2010
Thanks Twinskenny.
Re: Increasing Dish Size by twinskenny(m): 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2010
you are welcome
Re: Increasing Dish Size by 2legit2qt(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2010
@twinskenny

oga kenny, i know am on the wrong thread but its been HARD to get your attention on the whole NL, infact av been trying to track you down for some time now. Abeg pls do me this favour now that you're ONLINE.

What is the advantage of upgrading one's decoder software?

The reason i ask is that i use a 4669x and i have 2 dishes: 1 for FTA on ASTRA2B the other for FTA on W4 (DSTV). Initially am on MyTV but after been on NL i realised am just wasting my money.

Can some of the upgrades ACTUALLY open SOME ENCRYPTED CHANNELS?

Thanks.
Re: Increasing Dish Size by twinskenny(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
2legit2qt:

@twinskenny

oga kenny, i know am on the wrong thread but its been HARD to get your attention on the whole NL, infact av been trying to track you down for some time now. Abeg pls do me this favour now that you're ONLINE.

What is the advantage of upgrading one's decoder software?

The reason i ask is that i use a 4669x and i have 2 dishes: 1 for FTA on ASTRA2B the other for FTA on W4 (DSTV). Initially am on MyTV but after been on NL i realised am just wasting my money.

Can some of the upgrades ACTUALLY open SOME ENCRYPTED CHANNELS?

Thanks.

Bros,

upgrading your software is a good idea, but have it at the back of your mind that not all software are genuine, you need to check your hardware latest firmware to be sure of what you are doing, u need to take your time to read the software version. some people used to upgrade for the sake of it thereby damaging their decoder. not too sure if upgrade can open Encrypted channels.

Thanks
Re: Increasing Dish Size by alancruise(m): 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2010
@all,i strongly go with twinsk on d issue of upgradin. The question we should ask ourselves first is. Why am do i need to upgrade my decoder? Many of us insert different firmware version into our decoder without takin time to find out it effects after,all we do is in d name of de-encryptin encrypted channel which might not work in all cases. My advice, do not do what u're supposed not to do,so as not to be doing wat u're supposed not to be doing.
Re: Increasing Dish Size by 2legit2qt(m): 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2010
Oga twinskenny, thank u ooooooo
Re: Increasing Dish Size by twinskenny(m): 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
2legit2qt:

Oga twinskenny, thank u ooooooo

You are welcome
Re: Increasing Dish Size by 2legit2qt(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2010
Oga twinskenny

Abeg, am getting fed up with dis issue of MULL MODEM, I bought one that is female-to-female (9-pins). Am i still going to cut it and attach the pins as described in 1 of your infos? If so, then what is called a NULL MODEM? cos what i believe is that the 9-pin female to female is already crossed inside and its what is called a null modem, which 1 is rs232

Pls for my sake and others kindly explain if it still needs to be cut and reconnected because i wan cut my own now. Since av bought it, it has not worked for me.

Thanks.
Re: Increasing Dish Size by twinskenny(m): 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2010
@
2legit2qt:

Oga twinskenny

Abeg, am getting fed up with dis issue of MULL MODEM, I bought one that is female-to-female (9-pins). Am i still going to cut it and attach the pins as described in 1 of your infos? If so, then what is called a NULL MODEM? cos what i believe is that the 9-pin female to female is already crossed inside and its what is called a null modem, which 1 is rs232

Pls for my sake and others kindly explain if it still needs to be cut and reconnected because i wan cut my own now. Since av bought it, it has not worked for me.

Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_modem

that link will answer your questions
Re: Increasing Dish Size by 2legit2qt(m): 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2010
@twinskenny

Thanks. smiley

Now i know that A null modem cable is an RS-232 serial cable, but i have both. That means if i want to use the rs232 for file transfer from my PC to my decoder i still have to cut it and attached the pins as 2-3, 3-2, 5-5 and unclothed to unclothed? undecided
Re: Increasing Dish Size by mouse3(m): 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
wink
Re: Increasing Dish Size by blexxonmak(m): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2011
warrendam:

Hi Nairaland, I must commend the good work done here.

I have a 180cm Dish aimed at 64East with a second LNB receiving from 68East. I however, have failed to get JCTV, Smile of a Child Tv on 64East and UBC TV. I assume it is something to do with the dish size.
I am therefore thinking of locally increasing the size to 240cm. Is it possible to do that and if it is could you please guide me?
@warrendam. TBN,JC TV,e.t.c have migrated to NSS 5. Check http://www.lyngsat.com/nss5.html. Expanding the aperture of a  dish antenna is a little bit technical. But it can be done if you have the manufacturers design parameters.
Re: Increasing Dish Size by obnelly: 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2011
If the fd of the dish is known you can increase 2.4m to any size but its highly technical.i read something related from australian's satellite forum

(1) (Reply)

How To Wake A Fried Strong / Freequencies On Multi Tv Direction / Mpeg 4 Decorder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.