Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed (101417 Views)

"How Large Was Noah's Ark?" / Noah's Ark Remnants Found In Turkey - Fox News / The Story Of Noah's Ark Is The Most Unbelievable Biblical Story Ever Told (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2010
Do you know that amateurs built Noah’s Ark while professionals built the Titanic? Surprisingly, the Ark rested safely on a mountain (+17,000 feet high) after 370 days of storm with no casualty, whereas the Titanic of 20th Century technology sank (-12,460 feet) down the ocean floor 5 days into its maiden voyage killing 1,516 people on-board. The big question is what made an ignorant Noah, with crude tools succeed where proven experts failed?

To answer that question, let us visit Noah and Sons Engineering Workshop and locate wise nuggets on building a lasting structure. You will find how you can build Your live, career, business, marriage, ministry, etc to survive the storms of life. You will also discover why you should never build your marriage on Hollywood values, nor build your wealth on the unpredictable financial market.

To Visit Noah and Sons Click,  http://judewatchman..com/2009/09/tale-of-two-ships_29.html

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
What is the Noahs Ark of our time? and why will many not enter even though provision has been made

Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by thehomer: 5:09am On Aug 14, 2010
I hope you realize that the ark was just a myth.
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by Jenwitemi(m): 6:13am On Aug 14, 2010
^^^ Obviously he does not. grin
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 7:48am On Aug 14, 2010
to you its a myth, but to us who believe the bible it is no myth. thats why Jesus and the Apostles used it as an example Hebrews 11:7, 1Peter 3:20. And Peter was specific to tel people like you,
2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by thehomer: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2010
ajoguegbe:

to you its a myth, but to us who believe the bible it is no myth. thats why Jesus and the Apostles used it as an example Hebrews 11:7, 1Peter 3:20. And Peter was specific to tel people like you,
2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables

There in lies part of the problem. Hey I can quote books too.
The fact that it was used as an example considering it was part of their cultural myths does not make it true. They simply did not understand the world the way we do now. Their knowledge was lacking which is not a bad thing in itself; but to use that as a basis of making important decisions today with the information currently available is not a good way to proceed in my opinion.
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by marcus1234: 10:22am On Aug 14, 2010
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 11:01am On Aug 14, 2010
They simply did not understand the world the way we do now. Their knowledge was lacking which is not a bad thing in itself; but to use that as a basis of making important decisions today with the information currently available is not a good way to proceed in my opinion.

The information available today does not nullify a flood. In geology, which I studied, I know scientists do not refute a flood covering the entire earth. Their own interpretation may be different, but let God be true and everyman a liar. Was it not science that predicted health, wealth housing etc for all by the year 2,000 when the Bible prophesied natural disaster, famine, diseases to come. today science is adjusting their prediction and its corresponding to the Bible. well, watch out for my coming blog topic: Global Warming or Global Warning, Coming soon. It will show you how science is shrouded in speculation and how the Bible is far ahead of Science in many ways. You can subscribe to follow the blog so you dont miss it. visit http://judewatchman..com to subscribe
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by Kay17: 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2010
Trying considering the question, whether god exists at all.
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2010
The Story of the Ark did not happen considering the dimensions and the fact that one man built it. Unless he had cosmic powers of SuperTed then you have a hypothesis there grin

The Story of the Ark is a lay definition of the Act of Creation-Sin-Revelation(Endtimes) and Redemption later told in the days of the New Testatment.

As it was in the Old days so shall it be in these times grin

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by mazaje(m): 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2010
I just hope that the poster knows that the picture of the boat he had up there did not float when they tried to make it float. . . . .
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by thehomer: 4:31pm On Aug 14, 2010
ajoguegbe:

The information available today does not nullify a flood.

I never said it did.

ajoguegbe:

In geology, which I studied, I know scientists do not refute a flood covering the entire earth. Their own interpretation may be different, but let God be true and everyman a liar.

Oh? And what is their own interpretation of a flood covering the entire earth some 5000 to 6000 years ago?

ajoguegbe:

Was it not science that predicted health, wealth housing etc for all by the year 2,000 when the Bible prophesied natural disaster, famine, diseases to come. today science is adjusting their prediction and its corresponding to the Bible.

No, that was not a prediction by science. But one thing that is true is that with science, we do have the tools available for better health, wealth and housing. About the Biblical prophecies, how about the ones that have been found to be false?

ajoguegbe:

well, watch out for my coming blog topic: Global Warming or Global Warning, Coming soon. It will show you how science is shrouded in speculation and how the Bible is far ahead of Science in many ways. You can subscribe to follow the blog so you dont miss it. visit http://judewatchman..com to subscribe

Please present your evidence here so we can discuss it.
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by wirinet(m): 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2010
ajoguegbe:

Do you know that amateurs built Noah’s Ark while professionals built the Titanic? Surprisingly, the Ark rested safely on a mountain (+17,000 feet high) after 370 days of storm with no casualty, whereas the Titanic of 20th Century technology sank (-12,460 feet) down the ocean floor 5 days into its maiden voyage killing 1,516 people on-board. The big question is what made an ignorant Noah, with crude tools succeed where proven experts failed?

To answer that question, let us visit Noah and Sons Engineering Workshop and locate wise nuggets on building a lasting structure. You will find how you can build Your live, career, business, marriage, ministry, etc to survive the storms of life. You will also discover why you should never build your marriage on Hollywood values, nor build your wealth on the unpredictable financial market.

To Visit Noah and Sons Click,  http://judewatchman..com/2009/09/tale-of-two-ships_29.html

Are you Mr Olaadegun alter ego? You make so many false claims, unfounded assumptions and worse still outright lies just to sell your dogma - and you claim to be a geologist.

First Noah without any engineering background, almost single-handedly built the ark with God's help , so it would be misleading to say that it was built by amateurs. Noah was not an amateur ship engineer because he had never built a boat in his life. Just like Mohammad could not claim to be an amateur author as he had never written before writing the Koran. 

I had explain in another post of the same topic that it was impossible for water to flood the whole earth up to 17,000ft (actually up to 29,000ft to be able to cover mount Everest). To do that you need over 30times the quantity of water we have on earth today. Where did the water come from and where did it go after the flood?

The Titanic was a feat of Engineering because it floated and sailed, it sank because it stuck an ice berg. There is no physical evidence that a wooden boat that is capable of accommodating two of every specie of plant, animal and probably fresh water fishes of the world ever floated not to talk of sailing. And besides the ark would have to strike an ice burg or a rock on a mountain before we can conclude that it is unsinkable or unbreakable.
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 12:21am On Aug 15, 2010
First Noah without any engineering background, almost single-handedly built the ark with God's help , so it would be misleading to say that it was built by amateurs. Noah was not an amateur ship engineer because he had never built a boat in his life. Just like Mohammad could not claim to be an amateur author as he had never written before writing the Koran.

I had explain in another post of the same topic that it was impossible for water to flood the whole earth up to 17,000ft (actually up to 29,000ft to be able to cover mount Everest). To do that you need over 30times the quantity of water we have on earth today. Where did the water come from and where did it go after the flood?

The Titanic was a feat of Engineering because it floated and sailed, it sank because it stuck an ice berg. There is no physical evidence that a wooden boat that is capable of accommodating two of every specie of plant, animal and probably fresh water fishes of the world ever floated not to talk of sailing. And besides the ark would have to strike an ice burg or a rock on a mountain before we can conclude that it is unsinkable or unbreakable.

Sorry your reasoning is too myopic for an answer, Why did it hit the iceberg?why didnt the Ark hit it?or is it possible it hit it and didnt collapse?Muhamad didnt write the koran. there are so many scientific, historical and philosophical errors in your post
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by wirinet(m): 9:30am On Aug 15, 2010
ajoguegbe:

Sorry your reasoning is too myopic for an answer, Why did it hit the iceberg?why didnt the Ark hit it?or is it possible it hit it and didnt collapse?Muhamad didnt write the koran. there are so many scientific, historical and philosophical errors in your post

My reasoning Myopic? Your reasoning is dogmatic. Your are attempting to push down your religious dogma as science, history and philosophy when it is just that - Dogma. So you decide to turn science and logic on its head.

Why do you not tell us why the Titanic hit an ice berg, maybe your God wanted to prove that he was unhappy with the building of a ship that is said to rival his anointed prophet, so he had to kill about 1000 people to show his displeasure.

The Ark could not have hit an Ice burg because the story was set in ancient Mesopotamia so there was no ice berg.

Finally, you need to update your knowledge and quit your obsession with the Titanic because of the human tragedy it created. Titanic was an engineering feet in its days, but today it pales into insignificant when compared with modern ships.

Below are size comparism of some modern day ocean liners.
[img]http://2.bp..com/_nFhfvUPu-Tc/SUw0e6M4ykI/AAAAAAAACMU/x1c_95FJywk/s400/largest-ship-6-1.gif[/img]

So how does your mythical ark compare with modern ships that sails the oceans.

Please point out the scientific, historical and philosophical errors in my post so i can learn.
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ow11(m): 11:58am On Aug 15, 2010
Who wins this argument?? I ask the other posters to let the guy whose brains is closed for business be, for it is all too easy to tear it down!

This is why I ask that a science board be established on this forum. A lot of knowledge is being wasted on religious nutjobs trying to 'release' them from their self-induced hallucinations about using pseudo-science to prove biblical stories. Wonder why they feel the need to lie and make up theories to prove something we already know requires faith to believe?
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by Zodiac61(m): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2010
Questions for the poster -

What were the dimensions of Noah's ark?
How many animals did it carry?
Were the meat eating animals separated from the others?
How did it avoid breaking apart in the face of such violent storms?
Who fed all the animals and generally catered for their needs?
Who cleaned after the poo of the thousands of animals (I am being generous with the numbers)?
Was there sufficient supplies of of, say, bamboo for the pandas, for instance?
How long did Noah have to wait for the kangaroo, the sloth, the mammoth and all other animal that had to come from thousands of miles away?
How did the polar bear survive in an environment hostile to it?
After the flood, how did the animals get back to their natural habitats?
How did the kangaroo cross the ocean to get back home?
Was it two pairs of each animal or was it seven pairs of clean animals and two of the unclean?
How were eight people able to look after all those animals for that amount of time in such close quarters without succumbing to disease?

Proper answers please. The bible says so will not do.
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by nuclearboy(m): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2010
@Ajo:

Hi Bro! Sorry but you made a mistake here. Truly there was a flood but it was not global - it was localised.

What you may want to consider is that mankind was not spread over all the continents at the beginning. In effect, all were in "Mesopotamia" which therefore, was the entire KNOWN "world". Any flood covering that would have been considered by a writer, to cover the whole world since there was no other known world/lands. In that then, you were right (it was the world they KNEW) but in absolute terms, you were wrong. Today, we know better. Also, only animals local to that portion of earth would have been required to be in the ark. I do not know if lions are found there but if they were not, they were probably safe in Africa. Same with all others. Don't be suprised to find there were probably relatively few of such.

What you are trying to say will be understood by a Christian but you've used wrong (not enough) information to pass across your point. Also, Titanic was a major disaster and it seems (to me) wrong to compare it for it makes God to look proud, uncaring or vengeful.
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by Zodiac61(m): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Ajo:

Hi Bro! Sorry but you made a mistake here. Truly there was a flood but it was not global - it was localised.

What you may want to consider is that mankind was not spread over all the continents at the beginning. In effect, all were in "Mesopotamia" which therefore, was the entire KNOWN "world". Any flood covering that would have been considered by a writer, to cover the whole world since there was no other known world/lands. In that then, you were right (it was the world they KNEW) but in absolute terms, you were wrong. Today, we know better. Also, only animals local to that portion of earth would have been required to be in the ark. I do not know if lions are found there but if they were not, they were probably safe in Africa. Same with all others. Don't be suprised to find there were probably relatively few of such.

What you are trying to say will be understood by a Christian but you've used wrong (not enough) information to pass across your point. Also, Titanic was a major disaster and it seems (to me) wrong to compare it for it makes God to look proud, uncaring or vengeful.
@nuclearboy
If it was a local flood, then you will have to accept that the bible is wrong, and is therefore not inerrant.
If the tigers were safe in Africa, then the bible is wrong. The bible is quite clear about what happened.
You say that animals local to that potion of earth would have been required to be in the ark. This is a very dishonest interpretation of what is contained in the bible. Of course, this is not the first time christians have been known to lie for jesus. Keep it up.
One does not need to make god look proud, uncaring and vengeful. If one reads the bible, one would see that he is proud, uncaring and vengeful.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by nuclearboy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2010
Call it whatever you want. The Bible was written by many different people who wrote "their own words" under inspiration. I have heard of people who believed Minna is the biggest city on earth. Thats is their "world" view and it is right based on the information available to them! In 2000 years time (assuming existence still exists as we know it), it is likely man would have colonies on other planets. And they would have a right to say we (in 2010) must have been morons to say earth is the only planet habitable by man. Reality is relative!

Inerrancy is not the point here. And anyway, the Bible as we know it, became "commonly" available less than 500 years ago. Before then, people worshipped God as well as we do today. So the Bible is not the only source of knowledge about God. It is a guide-book, not a master's theses in rocket science that requires/uses precise linear and abstract algebra computations!

Your mouth - your right to use it. I do not have recourse to defending God or limiting Him with descriptive terms. But without your flowery self-serving grammatically correct style, He defined Himself point blank - "I AM THAT I AM". Make of that what you will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by thehomer: 8:00am On Aug 16, 2010
nuclearboy:

Call it whatever you want. The Bible was written by many different people who wrote "their own words" under inspiration. I have heard of people who believed Minna is the biggest city on earth. Thats is their "world" view and it is right based on the information available to them!

This is not correct. The conclusion may be logical based on the information they had, but it was not true.

nuclearboy:

In 2000 years time (assuming existence still exists as we know it), it is likely man would have colonies on other planets. And they would have a right to say we (in 2010) must have been morons to say earth is the only planet habitable by man. Reality is relative!

I'm not sure anyone has said the earth is the only place habitable by man. What we say is that it is the only one currently known to be able to support us humans.

nuclearboy:

Inerrancy is not the point here. And anyway, the Bible as we know it, became "commonly" available less than 500 years ago. Before then, people worshipped God as well as we do today. So the Bible is not the only source of knowledge about God. It is a guide-book, not a master's theses in rocket science that requires/uses precise linear and abstract algebra computations! . . .

But as you've just pointed out, the "global flood" is an error. And this error as ajoguegbe has pointed out was used in other parts of the Bible to teach.

Are you sure it was the same God that was worshiped? Also, as a guide book, it seems to contain some errors and needs some corrections made.
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2010
My reasoning Myopic? Your reasoning is dogmatic. Your are attempting to push down your religious dogma as science, history and philosophy when it is just that - Dogma. So you decide to turn science and logic on its head.
Sorry,I didnt mean to insult you by saying your reasoning is myopic,I am saying u are leaving a lot out

Why do you not tell us why the Titanic hit an ice berg, maybe your God wanted to prove that he was unhappy with the building of a ship that is said to rival his anointed prophet, so he had to kill about 1000 people to show his displeasure.
The reason you are generating all these questions is because you have not read the blog. Plz do, it answers your question

The Ark could not have hit an Ice burg because the story was set in ancient Mesopotamia so there was no ice berg.

Mesopatamia is also filled with mountains, why didnt it hit one of them.This is the reason I say u leave out a lot in your reasoning

Finally, you need to update your knowledge and quit your obsession with the Titanic because of the human tragedy it created. Titanic was an engineering feet in its days, but today it pales into insignificant when compared with modern ships.
The reason I am revisiting the Titanic incident is because it has a lot of lessons for modern man that build structures after the pattern of the tower of Babel. Like the builders of the Tower the chief engineer of the Titanic project was said to have boasted that 'not even god can sink this ship". God didnt destroy it, he only allowed the devil do the havoc.
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:08am On Aug 16, 2010
^^^ Wisdom is plentiful on this thread. just Understanding that is missing
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2010
Questions for the poster -
Initially, I wanted to avoid answering you because your nairaland name zodiac tells me something about you but at a second thought I thought you may learn one way or the other. Who knows, and REPENT

What were the dimensions of Noah's ark?
This shows me you didnt read the link.You were only tryng to be heard. The info is in the blog. I suggest you read the blog so we be in the same page in our discusiion

How many animals did it carry?
How does that concern this discussion?

Were the meat eating animals separated from the others?
We believe in the supernatural. It is a supernatural act for Daniel to sleep with a lion without being hurt,for Jonah to be swallowed by a whale for 3 days,for Jesus to rise from the dead etc. these events may not make scientific sense to a man who operates by the 5 senses, because all his knowledge is based on empericism. But we that are born of the spirit can testify that we have experienced supernatural (beyond scientific explanation events) in our lives. beginning with our salvation which science cannot explain, and the natural man can not undertsand.there is no way i try to explain it to you here that you will understand it till you experience. Unfortunately, you dont experience it by scientific calculations, it is by FAITH.

How did it avoid breaking apart in the face of such violent storms?
That is what we are saying.God was behind it. Read that blog you will understand

Who fed all the animals and generally catered for their needs?
God who created them knows how to take care of them within that period. If mere man with science can keep a man in comma from eating for years, is the ability of God you doubt?

Who cleaned after the poo of the thousands of animals (I am being generous with the numbers)?

still another question coming from measuring God with man's ruler

Was there sufficient supplies of of, say, bamboo for the pandas, for instance?
How long did Noah have to wait for the kangaroo, the sloth, the mammoth and all other animal that had to come from thousands of miles away?
How did the polar bear survive in an environment hostile to it?
After the flood, how did the animals get back to their natural habitats?
How did the kangaroo cross the ocean to get back home?
Was it two pairs of each animal or was it seven pairs of clean animals and two of the unclean?
How were eight people able to look after all those animals for that amount of time in such close quarters without succumbing to disease?
So many questions you cant answer or even understand it if i try to explain.my advice is BE SAVED and be sure of making it to heaven. When you get there, you have all the time to ask God
It is more dangerous that you die before you discover that there is God the ALMIGHTY afterall

Proper answers please. The bible says so will not do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 10:24am On Aug 16, 2010
The bible says it covered mountains,so it wasnt a localised event, and even science confirms a one-time earth that was flooded. Also, every human being on earth are descendants of Noah.I dont know if you are a Christian. If you are then you will understand more. because the story plays a significnat role in the journey to redemption and the future of the earth.

What you may want to consider is that mankind was not spread over all the continents at the beginning. In effect, all were in "Mesopotamia" which therefore, was the entire KNOWN "world". Any flood covering that would have been considered by a writer, to cover the whole world since there was no other known world/lands.

The author of the Bible is God not men who only see in part. He only used men as 'Secretaries'

In that then, you were right (it was the world they KNEW) but in absolute terms, you were wrong. Today, we know better. Also, only animals local to that portion of earth would have been required to be in the ark. I do not know if lions are found there but if they were not, they were probably safe in Africa. Same with all others. Don't be suprised to find there were probably relatively few of such.

God is known of these. it all depends on your definition of those words. We as humans are not to be proud because our lives is only but a moment.But read the bible and see how God talks about Himself,"Besides me there is no other", "my glory will i not share with another" etc. God is very caring but if a people rejects Him, He withdraws, and the Devil can handle those people. He doesnt force himself on people
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2010
@ajoguegbe
Initially, I wanted to avoid answering you because your nairaland name zodiac tells me something about you but at a second thought I thought you may learn one way or the other. Who knows, and REPENT

Sir, names (and titles) are simply a necessary distraction; ones character, line of thought and content of one's words is what matters, not the moniker one chooses as an online identity. and if your purpose is Repentance, then you should also know that , "The unfolding of Your words gives light (Wisdom); It gives understanding [/b]to the simple. - [b]Psalm 119:130" Just so you know that not everyone is defined by their names (e.g Jesus) but by the Content of their Character (to quote Martin Luther King Jr.)

So back to the topic of discussion. Why did the Ark sail and the Titanic lay sunk beneath the ocean.

Permit me to establish some basic assumptions that will objectively guide our line of reasoning. similar to lab experiments, effects established in a controlled-environment are different from ones done in a live environment.

1: Biblical narrative of the Flood is a Historical FACT (for the purpose of discussion)
2: God at no time employed Miracles either to build the Ark or cause the flood. (Noah built the Ark within a conceivably long period and God simply used the forces of Nature, namely RAIN to flood the Earth)

Let me explain why these 2 assumptions are pivotal to this discussion. If we cannot accept the Flood as FACT (of Which Noah's Ark was central) then this discussion is just an adventure in fantasy and myth and If we accept it as FACT then by corollary,  we cannot discount the evidence of History as embodied in revelations of Modern Science. (Surely God and his Word do not lie therefore he can withstand the scalpel of Science from everlasting to everlasting)

Researchers often point out that the Flood of the Bible sounds similar to the large-scale deluge depicted in the Sumerian epic poem Gilgamesh, written about 5,000 years ago, and to deluge accounts found in cultures in Africa and Asia as well. The similarity they usually claim, suggests that these cultures have simply borrowed a myth from each other. This logic seems inverted. If many cultures in many places have ancient beliefs that a flood occurred, doesn't this unanimity increase the chance that the accounts are true? Maybe Sumerians, Hebrews, Asians and Africans all independently developed flood accounts because that's what happened.

Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

This would suggest some cataclysmic natural event rupturing deep underground reservoirs of water and coupled with 40-days/nights of rain, the Flood does look probable beyond Biblical accounts. so another uncommon moment where Science agrees with Bible  grin

From the global accounts of a Historical Cataclysmic Flood and new Scientific Evidence, it is safe to say that such an event occurred. Now here is the snatch, Did Noah and his Ark ever occur?

There is very little evidence to support it even in the slightest imagining. (Save for a group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical Christians who claimed to have discovered its final resting place)

The Problem of Logistics
Judging from a commonly recognizable  table of species that currently exist, how did Noah fit enough Animals and Food sufficient to repopulate the earth, especially if animals that are now extinct were required to be aboard and how did he determine and provide for animals with special diets. as many animals require their foods to be FRESH. If so how did he keep food supplies fresh? ( i guess some sewage flushign system must have been invented to deal with animal wastes but i doubt so)

The Problem of Disappearing Flood water
Where did that much water come go? Whilst one could appeal to miracles (God can do anything, after all) the Genesis story itself presents the flood as the result of God acting through natural processes – the bursting of the fountains of the deep and the opening of the floodgates of the sky. How the water came about is reasonably salient, but how it was done away with is another question that goes begging (Evaporate into clouds perhaps, Polar caps    )

The Problem of Survival
How did all the modern plant species survive?
- Many plants (seeds and all) would be killed by being submerged for a few months. This is especially true if they were soaked in salt water.
- Most seeds would have been buried under many feet (even miles) of sediment. This is deep enough to prevent spouting.

How did all the fish survive? Some require cool clear water, some need brackish water, some need ocean water, some need water even saltier. A flood would have destroyed at least some of these habitats.

How did short-lived species survive? Adult mayflies on the ark would have died in a few days, and the larvae of many mayflies require shallow fresh running water. Many other insects would face similar problems.

How could more than a handful of species survive in a devastated habitat? The Flood would have destroyed the food and shelter which most species need to survive. (As an aside it is interesting that after the flood we see that the topsoil has not been washed away and that vegetations still grows. This would suggest that the flood was not as severe as the story depicts it).

How did predators survive? How could more than a handful of the predator species on the ark have survived, with only two individuals of their prey to eat?

How did animals get to their present ranges? How did koalas get from Ararat to Australia, polar bears to the Arctic, etc., when the kinds of environment they require to live does not exist between the two points. How did so many unique species get to remote islands?

Why are so many animals found only in limited ranges? Why are so many marsupials limited to Australia; why are there no wallabies in western Indonesia? Why are lemurs limited to Madagascar?

The Historical Series Problem
How did the human population rebound so fast? Genealogies in Genesis put the Tower of Babel about 110 to 150 years after the Flood (Gen 10:25; 11:10-19). How did the world population regrow so fast to make its construction (and the city around it) possible? Similarly, there would have been very few people around to build Stonehenge and the Pyramids, rebuild the Sumerian and Indus Valley civilizations, populate the Americas, etc.

Also the table of nations in Genesis 10 makes no reference to Negroid or Mongoloid races which may lead us to conclude that such races were not included in the flood.

If you will do me the honor of providing your usually quaint insight as the questions of Noah's Ark can easily discount both Biblical Accounts and Scientific evidence of the Great Flood
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2010
@ajoguegbe
If you choose to defer your arguments to God's work or divine mysteries that somehow did not get recorded by the inspired Biblical historians and prophets of old. I will accept that as it is not possible to capture every instance and occurrence of God's infinite wisdom in a series of ancient books. It makes sense within the context of Religion. so it is a valid argument.  wink

I await your insight as mentioned earlier and wish you well in your delightful attempts at delivering insight to the simple smiley
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2010
@lagerwhenindoubt
Your reasoning has more wisdom than any in this thread. I must appreciate your insight into most of the discourse. One line of argument that particularly struck me was your explanation of the universality of of the flood story as a testimony to its possible occurrence. It is just like my grandies tell us of a day when night came amidst daylight. They didnt know what an eclipse was but the event was too remarkable it has passed from generation to generation.

From the global accounts of a Historical Cataclysmic Flood and new Scientific Evidence, it is safe to say that such an event occurred. Now here is the snatch, Did Noah and his Ark ever occur? There is very little evidence to support it even in the slightest imagining. (Save for a group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical Christians who claimed to have discovered its final resting place)
The Bible says so and like you pointed out-archaeologists have discovered remains of the ship at Turkey. Even if the later account is wrong the former can't be. The Bible says that the earth is round (Isaiah 40:22; Job 22:14)and that the earth is hanging on nothing (Job 26:7); it has taken scientists many millenia to discover it was true. The Bible prophesied the Jews will be dispersed as a people but will come back together, history has also proven that right. The Bible prophesied Earthqukes, Famine pestilence etc as what will follow the Jews coming together. All these have happened. So I have every reason to believe the Bible to be true no matter what science or anybody says. Anyway my next blog: Global Warming or Global Warning will throw more light on that(will be out this week)

The Problem of Logistics
Judging from a commonly recognizable table of species that currently exist, how did Noah fit enough Animals and Food sufficient to repopulate the earth, especially if animals that are now extinct were required to be aboard and how did he determine and provide for animals with special diets. as many animals require their foods to be FRESH. If so how did he keep food supplies fresh? ( i guess some sewage flushign system must have been invented to deal with animal wastes but i doubt so)
I already answered this. If man can invent refrigirator that can preserve food for a long period, is it hard for God to preserve food for animals in other to bring His divine purposes come to pass. Notice what He told Noah "Come Into the Ark"Gen 7:1 Not "Go in". It means God was already in the Ark with him. If God be for us what situation can be against us. When Jesus is in the boat with Peter he calmed a storm not with science but with HIS WORD. Because His Words are Spirit and Life. These are not within the jurisdiction of a scientific minded person to comprehend being too shallow in understanding.

How did predators survive? How could more than a handful of the predator species on the ark have survived, with only two individuals of their prey to eat?
What you may never have known was that the lion was not a predator when God created it. It was the fall of man that changed the equation (for details,visit my blog http://judewatchman..com/2010/02/once-upon-snake-serpent-science-and.html ) that is why in the New heaven and new earth, The wolf will lay down with the lamb and the lion will eat straw like an ox. And a little child will lead them.(Isaiah 11:5-9; 35:9-10; 65:24-25), sounds strange to a scientific mind
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by thehomer: 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2010
ajoguegbe:

The bible says it covered mountains,so it wasnt a localised event, and even science confirms a one-time earth that was flooded.

Please present us with the evidence that confirms this flood.

ajoguegbe:

Also, every human being on earth are descendants of Noah.

Do you have some other evidence for this other than your Bible?

ajoguegbe:

I dont know if you are a Christian. If you are then you will understand more. because the story plays a significnat role in the journey to redemption and the future of the earth.
The author of the Bible is God not men who only see in part. He only used men as 'Secretaries'

Hmm so are you saying that the men made mistakes but not God?

ajoguegbe:

In that then, you were right (it was the world they KNEW) but in absolute terms, you were wrong. Today, we know better. Also, only animals local to that portion of earth would have been required to be in the ark. I do not know if lions are found there but if they were not, they were probably safe in Africa. Same with all others. Don't be suprised to find there were probably relatively few of such.

Wow, are you saying the flood was global but just local animals needed to be saved but somehow, lions in Africa that would also have been flooded (global flood) somehow were able to breathe underwater? I hope you realize that this means that God failed in his task of wiping the earth clean of all animals. Just wow.

ajoguegbe:

God is known of these. it all depends on your definition of those words. We as humans are not to be proud because our lives is only but a moment.But read the bible and see how God talks about Himself,"Besides me there is no other", "my glory will i not share with another" etc. God is very caring but if a people rejects Him, He withdraws, and the Devil can handle those people. He doesnt force himself on people

So it was the Devil that sunk the Titanic?
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2010
How did animals get to their present ranges? How did koalas get from Ararat to Australia, polar bears to the Arctic, etc., when the kinds of environment they require to live does not exist between the two points. How did so many unique species get to remote islands?

Why are so many animals found only in limited ranges? Why are so many marsupials limited to Australia; why are there no wallabies in western Indonesia? Why are lemurs limited to Madagascar?
The earth mass was once together in what scientist (geologist) call Pangeae. Due to Continetal drifting the earth have seperated to its present state. This is a truth the scientists just discovered in the 20th century through the work of Alfred Wegener. That is why I say science will eventually grow to catch up wt the Bible. Alfred Wegener died while trying to prove that the continents were together. it was after his death that scientists discovered he was right and they brought a unifying theory called Plate Tectonics which happens to be the most important theory in Geology today. By that theory, South America is still moving away from Africa continent at the rate of 10cm a year. so these animals were togethr in a place before the earth divide. Science and bible disagree on when this division took place. Science said it happened millions of years ago while Bible said that it was after the flood. Genesis 10:25 reads
Gen 10:25
"And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan." KJV
What I am saying is that all the animals were together before the continents drifted so its not difficult to understand How so many unique species got to remote islands if i'm to borrow your words
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2010
The Historical Series Problem
How did the human population rebound so fast? Genealogies in Genesis put the Tower of Babel about 110 to 150 years after the Flood (Gen 10:25; 11:10-19). How did the world population regrow so fast to make its construction (and the city around it) possible? Similarly, there would have been very few people around to build Stonehenge and the Pyramids, rebuild the Sumerian and Indus Valley civilizations, populate the Americas, etc.
I dont know where you read in Genesis that put the gap btw the Flood and the Tower to be approximately 150 years. Noah was 600 years when the flood came Gen 7:6 and died 350 years after at the age of 950 years (gen 9:290 and did not witness the building of the Tower which occured much later. so check your source
Re: Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed by ajoguegbe(m): 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2010
Also the table of nations in Genesis 10 makes no reference to Negroid or Mongoloid races which may lead us to conclude that such races were not included in the flood.
What we call these races now is not what the Bible called it. The Negroids as you call it came from Cush, the son of Ham (one of Noahs sons) Cush means black and the Bible translators sometimes translate Cush as Ethiopia. that is why you find River Ethiopia as one of the Rivers that cross the Garden of Eden and some translations say its the Cushite river.

Noah had three sons, Ham Shem and Japhet

The descendatns of Ham -Noahs son are four namely
Cush(Gen 10:6-12;1 Chro 1:8-10;Isaiah 11:11) progenitors of various Ethiopian tribes that settled south of egypt
Mizraim(Gen 10:6,13-14;1 Chro 1:8-11)Progenitors of several Egyptian tribes. Mizraim means Double. Tribes of Double egyprt (Upper and Lower Egypt)called the land of Ham (Ps 78:51;105:23-27;106:22). the Phillistines also came from Mizraim (Gen 10:14)
Phut: (Gen 10:6,15-19;9:18-27; 1 Chroni 1:8-13)progenitors of the Libyans and other tribes in North Africa(Ezek 27:10;30:5; 38:5;Jer 46:9; Nah 3:9)
[b]Canaan[/b]Gen 10:6,15-19; 9:18-27; 1 Chron 1:8-13) Progenitors of people that settled mainly in Palestine, Arabia, Tyre, Sidon
etc
I know you have enough assignment now to study. only the Bible followed this chronology systematically till the birth of Christ. No other religious book does. That is why the existence of Noah is not in doubt. The Bible written by about 40 different writers, in different countries over a period of about 1,500 years has a continuation without contradiction and yet the writers did not collaborate.
The Book itself is a Mystery-one of the supernatural acts of god

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked / 7 Nigerian Ministers of God You Mustn't Fail To Listen To / Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.