Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT (20787 Views)

Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) / Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Printerscanner: 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
dexterinc2003:
He should pull a Dino.
Enter sleeping sickness.
grin grin

Can he also stay on a tree for 11 hours like Dino? Van he also sleep on the floor in DSS hospital?
Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by magoo10(m): 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
bettercreature:
The question should be is it true that the man in question has several dollar and pounds dominated accounts
I think the man should call a news conference if he is not guilty.It's as simple as that
which dirty question is that?
The constitution is clear on how to try the chief judge

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by chloride6: 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
If he has any iota of self respect, he will appear..

How can the chief custodian of the law be afraid of the law?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by GeorgeTheCoder: 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
Obaseki should mind himself. He represents Edo people who are a part of the south south and not APC. We are not Buhari loyalists here.

5 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by kotv: 10:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
Feraz:
Wrong move by the SS governors. That wouldn't be good for his image as the representation of the symbol of justice in Nigeria.

He should rather appear and defend himself to show a certain leader what it means to respect the rule of law.

Please shut up. What's wrong about it? You people are always interested in the persecution of others but, look away and defend the criminals enriching themselves in your land.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Bimpe29: 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
Buhari is becoming more of a clog in the wheels of unity and progress of this nation

2 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by drskyfly007(m): 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
IAS10:
In other words, they are asking him to disregard a constituted authority and disrespect the laws of the country?

As the CJN, he should be seen to be respectful of the laws of the land.

The governors got it absolutely wrong.

For an array of accounting services for your small business, get in touch with an experienced, ACCA cum ICAN certified and IFRS-compliant chartered accountant and a certified Sage Business Cloud Accounting Adviser.

*Audited Financial Statements Preparation from incomplete records (For filing of CAC annual returns and FIRS annual tax returns)
*Outsourced-Freelance accounting services
*Implementation of cloud-based accounting software
*Book-keeping and bank reconciliation services
*Tax and Payroll Management
*Pre-audit assistance
*Budgeting and Forecasting
*Original and specially designed Business plans
*Other accounting-related services

https://accountant.ng/contact/

IGNORANCE is a disease!

The law States that a sitting Judicial officer must be tried first by the national judicial council before being tried in any court of law.Which they didn't do before taking the case straight to CCT.

So bro the timing just days before the general elections shows there is a political undertone!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by kotv: 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
Buhari has succeded in dividing this country. I know a zombie will come and say some hypocritical statement. Let it be known we'll know Jubril is serious about fighting corruption when he prosecute gandollars, kemi, tinubu, etc. Until then, his rigging attempt is void.

3 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by GeorgeTheCoder: 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

What constituted authority? The appeal court has already ruled that a judge cannot be tried without clearance from the NJC.That judgment is still in effect.The CJN will not appear before the CCT tomorrow.

Does he know what he is saying ? They are zombies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by bettercreature(m): 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
magoo10:
which dirty question is that?
The constitution is clear on how to try the chief judge
Stop talking about a constitution.He should call a news conference if he is not guilty or simply resign
Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Printerscanner: 10:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
bettercreature:
The question should be is it true that the man in question has several dollar and pounds dominated account
I think the man should call a news conference if he is not guilty.It's as simple as that

The man has admitted that he does but he forgot to declare it. I think the man thinks that everyone is an illiterate like his South-South governors and militants.

5 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Biodun556(m): 10:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
Feraz:
Wrong move by the SS governors. That wouldn't be good for his image as the representation of the symbol of justice in Nigeria. These governors should not set a precedence.

He should rather appear and defend himself to show a certain leader what it means to respect the rule of law.

Funny thing is that if he fails to appear, police will be sent after him just like the way it happened to Saraki.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by mamotalk: 10:25pm On Jan 13, 2019
Pls help pray for Real Madrid FC. Am tired of these!

For the CJN, let's see what happens tomorrow.
No be APC? Oshio, Lai, Adesina, Sheu, dem go give us the full gist.

Nigeria will work harder cos Buhari is always right.

Yeye dey smell

Abeg remember Real Madrid FC in your prayer
Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by muykem: 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2019
Wrong advice meanwhile FG should withdraw the case against CJN and refer the petition to NJC.
Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by bettercreature(m): 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2019
Printerscanner:

The man has admitted that he does but he forgot to declare it. I think the man thinks that everyone is an illiterate like his South-South governors and militants.
Then he should voluntarily resign! we are talking about CJN here,i knows the rule of law more than anyone else
Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by shachris02: 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2019
IAS10:
In other words, they are asking him to disregard a constituted authority and disrespect the laws of the country?

For an array of accounting services for your small business, get in touch with an experienced, ACCA cum ICAN certified and IFRS-compliant chartered accountant and a certified Sage Business Cloud Accounting Adviser.

*Audited Financial Statements Preparation from incomplete records (For filing of CAC annual returns and FIRS annual tax returns)
*Pre-audit assistance

Pray tell , what laws of the country are you referring to?

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by amaechi1: 10:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

What constituted authority? The appeal court has already ruled that a judge cannot be tried without clearance from the NJC.That judgment is still in effect.The CJN will not appear before the CCT tomorrow.

Who is the NJC chairman that will investigate and give possible recommendations for prosecution.

6 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by magoo10(m): 10:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
bettercreature:
Stop talking about a constitution.He should call a news conference if he is not guilty or simply resign
call which news conference, they should take their petition to the NJC that is what the constitution says.
Nobody is saying he should not be tried of corruption but trying to stampede him out of office just to have their stooge take over cannot work.
They want him to step aside once the case start right? Am sure you don't even get the picture before arguing

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Biodun556(m): 10:28pm On Jan 13, 2019
The mam better appear before code conduct bureau or else police will force him to. He should ask Saraki
Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Princedapace(m): 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2019
Feraz:
Wrong move by the SS governors. That wouldn't be good for his image as the representation of the symbol of justice in Nigeria. These governors should not set a precedence.

No sitting judge should be tried except he is not in office anymore.

That must be respected.. This whole game na polictial move. Na Buhari men dey run am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by kingharzy: 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2019
undecided

Don't come hear and wail about their stance. The gov'nors are right.
I hate bigotry and nepotism but that has become the order of the day under the stupid Buhari (no apologies and i spit on his upcoming grave). Miyetti Allah, Arewa almajiri youths have been serving threats to responsible citizens over the lifeless dunce and all we could do was make efforts to fry beans, now the tables have turn but for a just cause and you want to wail and hate? ? ? that beans must be fried. . .
#CJNmuststay #Back2Daura . . .
DO NOT QUOTE IF YOU LACK COMMONSENSE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Feraz(m): 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2019
kotv:

Please shut up. What's wrong about it? You people are always interested in the persecution of others but, look away and defend the criminals enriching themselves in your land.
I'm sure I am being attacked because you think I support the current government which is far from it and you think I come from the SW which I am not. I do know how their supporters behave and I know how hypocritical they (APC stalwarts) were when numerous cases of corruption were hanging around the neck of their 'responsible' leaders. Should Atiku win, what will you say if the opposition does something similar?

He is the CJN, he should show the lawless leaders, esp, PMB, how it is done. Also, I believe the case is DOA as it did not follow the due process.

kotv:
Buhari has succeded in dividing this country. I know a zombie will come and say some hypocritical statement. Let it be known we'll know Jubril is serious about fighting corruption when he prosecute gandollars, kemi, tinubu, etc. Until then, his rigging attempt is void.

Princedapace:

No sitting judge should be tried except he is not in office anymore.

That must be respected.. This whole game na polictial move. Na Buhari men dey run am.
You are right, it is political and the timing, very wrong. That's why I said the case is likely DOA since the NJC did not deliberate on the matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Paltielz(m): 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
Have you noticed that since this man started ruling naija we cannot sleep with two eyes close, even his northern brothers are feeling the effects of his rulership but they are busy shouting sai baba. God we need your intervention

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by baralatie(m): 10:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
Feraz:

the CCB cannot try a senior judge because the constitution says only the NJC is the body empowered to try any judge of any calibre.
and the Federal Court of Appeal has affirmed it in the ruling against CCB vs Justice Nganjiya 2017.
Any ruling,judgement, will be overturned in the higher courts without the the CJN appearing in the court

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Miebaka22(m): 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2019
afroniger:
With the way the PDP stalwarts are politicizing this CJN matter, Onnoghen may have no other option than to eventually step down because they've effectively compromised his position.
On what ground should he step down, when buhari certificate scandal was at it's peak did he step down to give way for investigation....pls they should tell us another story

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Skengman: 10:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
emmasege:
Cursed be the day that Buhari became Nigeria's democratic president!

Cursed be any zombie who still votes for this enemy of our national unity and prosperity!

Nigeria is at the verge of an unending civil crisis/war. Unfortunately, zombies are dogmatically cheering that fossil up while he leads us on the path of shame, disintegration and destruction.

NB: Only intelligent nairalanders should quote me. Cursed be any zombie that quotes me.
I’m afraid you have succeeded in saying nothing.

2 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by amaechi1: 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
drskyfly007:
IGNORANCE is a disease!

The law States that a sitting Judicial officer must be tried first by the national judicial council before being tried in any court of law.Which they didn't do before taking the case straight to CCT.

So bro the timing just days before the general elections shows there is a political undertone!
I have just two questions:
1. Who is the chairman for NJC?
2. What time do you think would be more appropriate to question one with infractions like this?
3. Talking about time, do you think putting Evans, Rev King, Late Alex Bade on trial at they commenced is the better time?

2 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Princedapace(m): 10:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
Feraz:
I'm sure I am being attacked because you think I support the current government which is far from it and you think I come from the SW which I am not. I do know how their supporters behave and I know how hypocritical they (APC stalwarts) were when numerous cases of corruption were hanging around the neck of their 'responsible' leaders. Should Atiku win, what will you say if the opposition does something similar?

He is the CJN, he should show the lawless leaders, esp, PMB, how it is done. Also, I believe the case is DOA as it did not follow the due process.

You are right, it is political and the timing, very wrong. That's why I said the case is likely DOA since the NJC did not deliberate on the matter.

He should never submit him self to trial. Buhari boys won play fast one but didn't get this one well. It will be hard for them to get at NJC except they dig deep to find corruption cases against them and use that to intimidate them. But that will take time. And may happen after election. That appointment made by the VP pained Buhari boys. The IGP, the security heads and INEC have been positioned to rig the election. Una go see rigging eh. The court will be the final battle ground..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by manny4life(m): 10:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
IAS10:

*Pre-audit assistance

IF the number 1 citizen has so much disrespect for the Nigerian Constitution, and flouts court judgments, why should anyone adhere to such rules?

2 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Meritbaba(m): 10:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
I'm tired of this country politics already, we must politicize, tribalize everything

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by manny4life(m): 10:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
amaechi1:

I have just two questions:
1. Who is the chairman for NJC?
2. What time do you think would be more appropriate to question one with infractions like this?
3. Talking about time, do you think putting Evans, Rev King, Late Alex Bade on trial at they commenced is the better time?

Yes, he's the chair but he can recuse himself from the panel, but you and I know that's not what Buhari want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by amaechi1: 10:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
baralatie:

the CCB cannot try a senior judge because the constitution says only the NJC is the body empowered to try any judge of any calibre.
and the Federal Court of Appeal has affirmed it in the ruling against CCB vs Justice Ngwuta 2017.
Any ruling,judgement, will be overturned in the higher courts without the the CJN appearing in the court

Oga abeg, get your fact right. The NJC does trail rather they look at the merit of the petition and make appropriate recommendations based on their findings. Beside, the CJN in question is the chairman of NJC. Would he adjudicate in his own petition?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebonyi, Three Others Get ₦24 Billion For Ranching / Your Comments Online Could Land You In Jail / APC Governorship Aspirants Attend Screening Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.