Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT (20797 Views)

Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) / Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by manny4life(m): 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
Biodun556:

Funny thing is that if he fails to appear, police will be sent after him just like the way it happened to Saraki.

Police sent after the highest judicial officer of the land? Is that how they send police after Buhari even when he's been found guilty of public opinion that he sponsors herdsmen... Okay o, yall continue to support evil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by amaechi1: 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
manny4life:

Yes, he's the chair but he can recuse himself from the panel, but you and I know that's not what Buhari want.

and his cronies in that body would have the gut to tell their boss to face trial if the petition has merit?

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by BraniacX(m): 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
chloride6:
If he has any iota of self respect, he will appear..

How can the chief custodian of the law be afraid of the law?
by shunning the CCT, he will actually, legally be upholding the law

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by idonhammer: 10:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
husbandsnatcha:
Nwanyi oma this your comment no fit you aswear. You fine pass this kind comment na.anyway where can i get that kind of gown you are wearing for my sis?pls inbox me abeg i like am
Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by PointZerom: 10:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

What constituted authority? The appeal court has already ruled that a judge cannot be tried without clearance from the NJC.That judgment is still in effect.The CJN will not appear before the CCT tomorrow.

Nwanne, kill them with the truth.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by manny4life(m): 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2019
amaechi1:

and his cronies in that body would have the gut to tell their boss to face trial if the petition has merit?

Aha.... So what is good for the goose is not good for the gander? Besides, you said IF not that the petition has merit at this time. Whatever happened to being innocent till proven guilty, so again, what's the problem here exactly ? I'll tell you, that's because Buhari is the chief in flouting court orders and threatens or even goes after anyone who challenges him, so he know the same would apply at NJC that's why he's trying to circumvent the process but it sure cannot work because he has never obeyed the law, and removing the CJN is an uphill task because it needs 2/3 of the house to consent.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Wallade(m): 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2019
Feraz:
Wrong move by the SS governors. That wouldn't be good for his image as the representation of the symbol of justice in Nigeria. These governors should not set a precedence.

He should rather appear and defend himself to show a certain leader what it means to respect the rule of law.

The court can't arraign the CJN abinitio. Hence, there is no issue if he doesn't appear before that court.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by BraniacX(m): 10:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
bettercreature:
Stop talking about a constitution.He should call a news conference if he is not guilty or simply resign
call a news conference for what? To appeal to brainless maggots like you who have already seen smoke in the absence of fire? The laws as they stand are clear cut! The move yo the CCT sidestepping due process already shows us the motives of those involved! They want to smear his name without cause but don't know they are actually turning the judiciary against them!
When buhari's reelection challenge gets to the supreme court, he must definitely be deposed

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by drskyfly007(m): 10:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
amaechi1:

I have just two questions:
1. Who is the chairman for NJC?
2. What time do you think would be more appropriate to question one with infractions like this?
3. Talking about time, do you think putting Evans, Rev King, Late Alex Bade on trial at they commenced is the better time?
The chairman of the NJC is the the CJN..who steps aside before the commencement of the trial and if found guilty he will drop his legal regalia and removed as a judge before being sent to CCT..He is representing an institution known as the judiciary so therefore taking him to CCT before being stripped of his judge status is taking the whole institution to court..which is a shame!

There is no appropriate time..He can actually be tried anytime! but I believe you an adult who follows politics very well and understand the gimmicks involved in a well known dirty Nigerian politics..so bro the timing will only heat up the polity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by baralatie(m): 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2019
amaechi1:

Oga abeg, get your fact right. The NJC does trail rather they look at the merit of the petition and make appropriate recommendations based on their findings. Beside, the CJN in question is the chairman of NJC. Would he adjudicate in his own petition?
how does it change the fact that all allegations about any judge has to be directed to the NJC.
how does it change the fact the High Court of Appeal has ruled it so?
Then the allegation would have been sent to the NJC first.
Then if the president wants the Head to be suspended he either gets the approval of 2/3 majority of the senate or "recommendation of the NJC".
but for the FG to go against the constitution, go against the rule of law,go against court rules ,against its own powers and engage in rascality of governance is total madness

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by APCpackandgo: 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2019
IAS10:
In other words, they are asking him to disregard a constituted authority and disrespect the laws of the country?

As the CJN, he should be seen to be respectful of the laws of the land.

The governors got it absolutely wrong.

For an array of accounting services for your small business, get in touch with an experienced, ACCA cum ICAN certified and IFRS-compliant chartered accountant and a certified Sage Business Cloud Accounting Adviser.

*Audited Financial Statements Preparation from incomplete records (For filing of CAC annual returns and FIRS annual tax returns)
*Outsourced-Freelance accounting services
*Implementation of cloud-based accounting software
*Book-keeping and bank reconciliation services
*Tax and Payroll Management
*Pre-audit assistance
*Budgeting and Forecasting
*Original and specially designed Business plans
*Other accounting-related services

https://accountant.ng/contact/

Must you display your ignorance in public?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Wallade(m): 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2019
madridguy:
PDP is killing the man reputation more and more.

What do you know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by akiOYIBO: 10:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
Fulani has been giving him money so he kept mute against barbarism and rubbishing of d judiciary. Now he sold his integrity and foolish nigerians are defending him. He was a fulani errand boy, never stood up for d common man.

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by smithyemy: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mr man or mr lawyer. I came from the south west, but am not sentimental. If the CJC commited an offence:the constitution said HE should be reported and tried by the NJC before he could be arrange b4 the CCT. IT simple!. Nobody said otherwise. But, my thoughts are why 30days b4 the nationwide elections, why the president is fighting to Put his HAUSA brother(the next person to this CJC is an hausa man from BAUCHI STATE). I strongly suspect a foul play from the president. Next, this is the only juicy position occupy by someone from the NIGERDELTA. and why BUHARI want to raise another BOKO HARAM groups for himself from the NIGER DELTA? My people, am hundred percent sure that BUHARI will remove this CJS. And expect another attacks on our pipelines again. Why BUHARI cant just win his election without been biased or without bringing war and controversy? If God have given you a position, why not use it well without been biased. He should remember someday he will leave that position.

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by chloride6: 10:55pm On Jan 13, 2019
BraniacX:
by shunning the CCT, he will actually, legally be upholding the law

What law?

Afe Babalola will be quoting nonsense...

The CJN has been sufficiently indicted by the issues on ground and has a case to answer.

Even the president can be docked at the CCT tribunal, how much more the CJN?

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by kotv: 10:56pm On Jan 13, 2019
Feraz:
I'm sure I am being attacked because you think I support the current government which is far from it and you think I come from the SW which I am not. I do know how their supporters behave and I know how hypocritical they (APC stalwarts) were when numerous cases of corruption were hanging around the neck of their 'responsible' leaders. Should Atiku win, what will you say if the opposition does something similar?

He is the CJN, he should show the lawless leaders, esp, PMB, how it is done. Also, I believe the case is DOA as it did not follow the due process.

You are right, it is political and the timing, very wrong. That's why I said the case is likely DOA since the NJC did not deliberate on the matter.

He should shown him how it's done when we all know PMB does not listen to any court decision that does not favour his own decision. You want him to risk both his freedom, and possibility his life considering the desperation of Buhari and his team. After the election, he can persue whatever legal means they want but until then, he should stay grounded not just for the protection of Nigeria's democracy but also that of his life. We know the reason why they brought this accusation out and we all know the extent they'll go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by PHILipu1(m): 10:56pm On Jan 13, 2019
madridguy:
PDP is killing the man reputation more and more.

I feel the CJN was one of PDP hope of snatching power at the tribunal after next month election.
One of PDP national coordinator from the north that was in their Dubai meeting decamped few days ago and I guess he leaked some things out.

Because it calls for concern the way PDP carry this matter for head

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by madridguy(m): 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
Your brothers here have said things like this in the past, at the end they cover their head in shame.

Wallade:

What do you know?
Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Feraz(m): 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
baralatie:

the CCB cannot try a senior judge because the constitution says only the NJC is the body empowered to try any judge of any calibre.
and the Federal Court of Appeal has affirmed it in the ruling against CCB vs Justice Nganjiya 2017.
Any ruling,judgement, will be overturned in the higher courts without the the CJN appearing in the court
I am aware of the above. Please, refer to my post above yours.

Then again, can you clear my curiousity? Are documents sent to the CCB not available to the public? Check the tweet below

CC PaChukwudi44

Wallade:

The court can't arraign the CJN abinitio. Hence, there is no issue if he doesn't appear before that court.
I know the NJC has to declare him guilty first. Are you sure about the bolded? Then again. if right, I expect security forces to be sent after him.

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Naajjii: 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
Viergeachar:
They are right!

No sitting judicial officer can be tried without recourse first to the National Judicial Council. That is the ruling of the appeal court. And it is yet to be set aside!!

Only lunatics will support show of shame by Buhari.
Ruling of court of Appeal by a Judge to protect themselves.
Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by baralatie(m): 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
chloride6:

What law?

The CJN has been sufficiently indicted by the issues on ground and has a case to answer.

Even [b]the president[ /b] can be docked at the CCT tribunal, how much more the CJN?

the president can not appear before the cct because the constitution says so

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Wallade(m): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
madridguy:
Your brothers here have said things like this in the past, at the end they cover their head in shame.

We are waiting to see who will be in shame eventually on the CJN case.

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by manny4life(m): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
chloride6:

What law?

Even the president can be docked at the CCT tribunal, how much more the CJN?

The same law that Buhari, our terror-in-chief has flouted multiple times.

If any, he has a case to answer to the NJC, the appropriate body instituted by Nigeria's Constitution to deal with such charges

The President is the head of the executive and the CJN is the head of the judiciary, the unfortunate truth is that you said "can be' docked not that it would ever happen... So if this is the case, do you think this should be applicable to the CJN.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Westaslave2(f): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
husbandsnatcha:
Yes... Enough of all dis injustice on our pple

Briggs ,ethiope ,ateke we go show dem say niger delta is ready 4 dem.

U cant use our oil n stil maltreat us , All dos igbos sueing our brother onnoghen because of buhari una go hear am
Which igbo brother, he is joe igbokwe's cousin, nephew 2 okorocha n in-law 2 amaechi

We av disowned Him since 1889
Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by madridguy(m): 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
people working for APC are more coordinated more than PDP. PDP lack tactics i swear. If this is their plan then they required better beating. For months PDP have been sleeping, allowing APC doing the work step by step. Many election have been held with APC winning almost everything.

PHILipu1:

I feel the CJN was one of PDP hope of snatching power at the tribunal after next month election.
One of PDP national coordinator from the north that was in their Dubai meeting decamped few days ago and I guess he leaked some things out.

Because it calls for concern the way PDP carry this matter for head

3 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Felixv: 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

What constituted authority? The appeal court has already ruled that a judge cannot be tried without clearance from the NJC.That judgment is still in effect.The CJN will not appear before the CCT tomorrow.

national Judicial Council (Nigeria)

Type Federal Executive Body
Membership Renewable
Official language English

Chairman Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen
Website http://njc.gov.ng

it is in his own interest that the NJC is seen to be impartial -where in the world can you be the judge in your own case ---

Nemo judex in causa sua (or nemo judex in sua causa) is a Latin phrase that means, literally,
"no-one should be a judge in his own case."

It is a principle of natural justice that no person can judge a case in which they have an interest.

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by madridguy(m): 11:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
Been with PDP means you have been put to shame already. People have been saying how PDP planned to used the man to win in tribunal means both PDP and their sympathizer have failed. So you guys should map out a new plan. APC are smarter than you think.

Wallade:

We are waiting to see who will be in shame eventually on the CJN case.

2 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by PHILipu1(m): 11:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
smithyemy:
Mr man or mr lawyer. I came from the south west, but am not sentimental. If the CJC commited an offence:the constitution said HE should be reported and tried by the NJC before he could be arrange b4 the CCT. IT simple!. Nobody said otherwise. But, my thoughts are why 30days b4 the nationwide elections, why the president is fighting to Put his HAUSA brother(the next person to this CJC is an hausa man from BAUCHI STATE). I strongly suspect a foul play from the president. Next, this is the only juicy position occupy by someone from the NIGERDELTA. and why BUHARI want to raise another BOKO HARAM groups for himself from the NIGER DELTA? My people, am hundred percent sure that BUHARI will remove this CJS. And expect another attacks on our pipelines again. Why BUHARI cant just win his election without been biased or without bringing war and controversy? If God have given you a position, why not use it well without been biased. He should remember someday he will leave that position.

What if the PDP national coordinator that decamped few days ago and was in Atiku and PDP meeting in Dubai leaked PDP plan out that they hope to snatch power at the tribunal through the CJN because we once heard how Wike boasted that the CJN was on PDP side.

No government will take such chance.

Doesn't it surprise you the way PDP carry this matter for head if there is nothing underground?

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by baralatie(m): 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
Feraz:
I am aware of the above. Please, refer to my post above yours.

Then again, can you clear my curiousity? Are documents sent to the CCB not available to the public? Check the tweet below

all documents sent to the CCB are not "technically" available to the public.
Some individuals have written to the CCB but the CCB states it is not under obligation to do so because of "national security"

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by husbandsnatcha(f): 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2019
[quote author=idonhammer post=74736511][/quote]So as God made me preety i shud use it 2 eat men's money through sharwama n isi ewu u lied..

2 bust ur bubble i av 2 SMG assault 2011 Yes!!!
N i also call dem 'my babies'

Call d cops am waiting

1 Like

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by PHILipu1(m): 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2019
madridguy:
people working for APC are more coordinated more than PDP. PDP lack tactics i swear. If this is their plan then they required better beating. For months PDP have been sleeping, allowing APC doing the work step by step. Many election have been held with APC winning almost everything.

Wike once boasted that this CJN was on PDP side

2 Likes

Re: South-south Governors Ask CJN Onnoghen To Shun CCT by Feraz(m): 11:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
baralatie:

all documents sent to the CCB are not "technically" available to the public.
Some individuals have written to the CCB but the CCB states it is not under obligation to do so because of "national security"
Interesting! So Onnoghen's wasn't a case of 'national security' hence why it was leaked released? Talk about double standards. If I am also correct, PMB didn't release his right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo House Crisis: Senate Panel Report Indicts Obaseki,gives Governor Fresh Terms / Saraki Swears In Lawan, Others As Committee Chairmen / FG Blames Anti-Open Grazing Law For Killings By Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.