Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,538 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Help..landlord Sent Me A Quit Notice And I Still Av 6 Months Before Rent Expires - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help..landlord Sent Me A Quit Notice And I Still Av 6 Months Before Rent Expires (367 Views)

My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / My Landlord Served Me A Quit Notice And I Want To Know What What My Rights Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help..landlord Sent Me A Quit Notice And I Still Av 6 Months Before Rent Expires by testedtechs: 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2019
I moved into an apartment May 16 but my rent starts counting from June 1 2018 to expire may 31st 2019

Had a tenancy agreement issue which the landlord's lawyer advised i should cancel out in the agreement if i dont agree with that clause .

Signed the agreement and i expected the landlord to sign her's and return my copy which she has refused to do for over 4 months only to be visited today by the Landlord's lawyer with a quit notice but i didn't receive it and told him i'll come to his office later .

Does it mean i will be ejected once my rent expires, or how long can I stay in the property without headache....

I paid them agreement and commission ....which i need to start sourcing for a new apartment again.

I need your advice

** the clause i cancelled out interprets that i will have to pay for repairs the landlord deems necessary in the house which I didnt like and they didnt want to change it.....They didnt present the agreement until i moved into the property**
Re: Help..landlord Sent Me A Quit Notice And I Still Av 6 Months Before Rent Expires by madridguy(m): 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2019
A very good friend of mine his going through exact issue presently. Though he has been able to secured another apartment. I think getting house from a woman " Landlady " is a big risk.
Bros God will provide for you, just prepare yourself and take your leave.
Re: Help..landlord Sent Me A Quit Notice And I Still Av 6 Months Before Rent Expires by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
testedtechs:
I moved into an apartment May 16 but my rent starts counting from June 1 2018 to expire may 31st 2019

Had a tenancy agreement issue which the landlord's lawyer advised i should cancel out in the agreement if i dont agree with that clause .

Signed the agreement and i expected the landlord to sign her's and return my copy which she has refused to do for over 4 months only to be visited today by the Landlord's lawyer with a quit notice but i didn't receive it and told him i'll come to his office later .

Does it mean i will be ejected once my rent expires, or how long can I stay in the property without headache....

I paid them agreement and commission ....which i need to start sourcing for a new apartment again.

I need your advice

Ur landlord is smart......By law, as a yearly rent payer she can't tell u to leave without a notice of 6months...
U just got served..legally for that matter....

Where I come from, they say "if u don't have money to throw... U dont disagree with someone with all the bargaining chips"
Start looking for a place or Go and beg her and dance to her tune
Re: Help..landlord Sent Me A Quit Notice And I Still Av 6 Months Before Rent Expires by Rextizzle(m): 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
Don't leave that house if your rent haven't expired, most landlord are pain in the ass.

As far your rent haven't expired, you still have the right to live there until it expiration, since you paid for 12 months.

(1) (Reply)

Apartments For Rent @ Ikotun-igando Axis / Turkey Copper Doors For Sales / Call Us For Your Quality Job About Plumbing Job..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.