Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,740 members, 7,862,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:21 PM

Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 (19462 Views)

Why Tribunal Adjourned Onnoghen’s Arraignment / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by Campusparot: 11:42am On Jan 14, 2019
Keyamo(SAN)
Sagay(SAN)
Osinbajo(SAN).
Just remembering the movie- The Devil's Advocate.
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:43am On Jan 14, 2019
I COULD WEEP FOR NIGERIA I HAD NOT GAVE UP ON IT LONG TIME AGO .THE CHIEF JUSTICE IS ON TRIAL IN A JUNIOR COURT BECAUSE HE IS FROM MINORITY TRIBE

5 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by drlateef: 11:43am On Jan 14, 2019
It is contempt of court if he doesn't appear. He might be arrested.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by Quality20(m): 11:43am On Jan 14, 2019
Chibabi:
I was thinking of voting Buhari but with this recent development, have changed my mind......... Atiku gets my vote and all my household
Haba! d CJN actually admitted that he didn't declare part of his asset, so what's wrong in him having his day in court? Is Buhari d one prosecuting him? Even if he is d one prosecuting him,did he pronounce him guilty while innocent?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by ValCon888: 11:44am On Jan 14, 2019
PassingShot:
What many kids up here don't understand is that while this case lasts, Onnoghen's credibility is finished.

The longer it lasts, the less credible the corrupt judge becomes.

The longer it lasts, the less credible the corrupt tyrranical government becomes.

14 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by CilicMarin: 11:45am On Jan 14, 2019
PassingShot:
What many kids up here don't understand is that while this case lasts, Onnoghen's credibility is finished.

I have lectured them that is exactly what the FG wanted! If he doesn't appear, he makes his case worse...if he appears bad too

For the FG to slam charges, he is finished...

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by sunshine1974(m): 11:46am On Jan 14, 2019
This case is dead on arrival. The CCT even lacks the jurisdiction to hear the case. Fools

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by figment232(m): 11:48am On Jan 14, 2019
PassingShot:

lie
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by sunshine1974(m): 11:48am On Jan 14, 2019
drlateef:
arrest him and set the country ablaze. I guess you know where he is from?

4 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by ahbey(m): 11:50am On Jan 14, 2019
CilicMarin:

Nice one Judge, they think it by assemblying rogue lawyers to intimidate the Judge...

He will be served properly and the shameless and discredited Chief Justice Will be put on the dock like a criminal he is...

Nepal did it, Nigeria will also do it...

#SayNoToCorruptJudiciary

shame unto.....you. shame unto you and shame unto you.....

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by Jmyno1H(m): 11:54am On Jan 14, 2019
erico2k2:

But waht did this man do that was wrong?any Idea?

I learnt the CJN failed to declare his assets completely. Someone said he failed to declare what he has in foreign account. He has $740,000 and declared 40,000. Don't know how true but a statement attributed to him read that he admitted he forgot to update his assets declaration form.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by kayusely70(m): 11:54am On Jan 14, 2019
sunshine1974:
From where does he come from? Niger Delta, you people try anything funny and you're mess
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by kirkwood: 11:55am On Jan 14, 2019
A lot of lawyers will go in for this. A lot would be debarred, the AG Fed would be stripped of his SANship, may be not now but later. The CJN would never appear, quote me.

The election would come and go.

CJN would remain.

Bastard country.

Even in Kenya where their Supreme Court nullified a presidential election, their CJN was not told to resign.

The war has just started.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by Dbeliever(m): 11:58am On Jan 14, 2019
When the soap itself becomes dirty. That is how dubious and mischievous the Nigerian judiciary has become.

1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by origima: 11:58am On Jan 14, 2019
sunshine1974:

My brother stop boasting cos u don't have suicide bomber like the North. U got nothing and from no where,only five book haram preachers in it state everyone will relocate to another state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:59am On Jan 14, 2019
very soon lia Muhammad will show up.every body hold your nose
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
CilicMarin:

Nice one Judge, they think it by assemblying rogue lawyers to intimidate the Judge...

He will be served properly and the shameless and discredited Chief Justice Will be put on the dock like a criminal he is...

#SayNoToCorruptJudiciary

grin grin ;Di never knew zombies can wail like this LOL.Even on Jan 22 he will still not appear tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
chia my brother please GOd is still in Heaven .please do not kill yourself.do not commit suicide, please Nigeria will get better after this government

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by jaxxy(m): 12:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
CilicMarin:

#SayNoToCorruptJudiciary

Follow the constitution and law simple. The senario in Nepal was not politically motivated. It was not biased and weeks to election.
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by haladadon: 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2019
davodyguy:
That is the pathetic angle you guys hand on to.
There are more pressing issues in America, but Donald Trump shutdown the government all because of wall. Cost of wall is $5billion dollars but for over 20 days that the government remained shutdown, the economic cost amounts to same $5 billion loss. more people have dies due to gun violence compared to those that crossed the boarder into America, but the president chose Wall over Gun control and healthcare reforms, as he so wishes. The government can not prioritize all aspect at same time

Democrats Obama gave Iran 150billion dollars, the same Iran that has been shouting death to Americans even before you were born.

so why not give 5 billion to protect the boarders of their country.

Obama's house has a wall to shut others out of it and for privacy, if it was so why not leave his house open.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by Inception(m): 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2019
jaxxy:

Follow the constitution and law simple. The senario in Nepal was not politically motivated.

Abeg help me tell am. Spewing ignorance like a pregnant woman throwing spit
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by allthingsgood: 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
magoo10:
Onnoghen will still teach una lesson and how to do things properly.

Alright. while u are clapping hands today for someone that is disobeying the court, hope u will do same if an apc candidate does same

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
jaxxy:

Follow the constitution and law simple. The senario in Nepal was not politically motivated. It was not biased and weeks to election.
don't mind him.Shebi he was running his mouth yesterday.They stupidly think the president has ominipotent powers.Veery soon they will realise the CJN is also a very powerful position.APC candidates will suffer at the supreme court

5 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by haladadon: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2019
drlateef:

LoL guy where do you live?
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by AngelicBeing: 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
erico2k2:

But waht did this man do that was wrong?any Idea?
You forgot that anything can happen in a useless and lawless shithole jungle sad
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by openmine(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
What does the Nigerian constitution say about the prosecution of judicial officers?

....Not obeying the constitution of a country is the worse form of corruption!

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by magoo10(m): 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2019
allthingsgood:

Alright. while u are clapping hands today for someone that is disobeying the court, hope u will do same if an apc candidate does same
Mr man how did he disobey court by sending lawyers to defend him?
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by ORIENTATION101: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2019
This case put onnoghen on Bad spotlight. The more the case lingers the more the ruins on the integrity and image of the chief judge. His appreance inside dock will make him unfit to continue as the custodian of the law. He has no moral justification to preside over cases or continue as cjn. The NJC should do the needful and relieved him of his position cos the position he is holding carries moral burden without blemish .

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by adeoluphilips: 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2019
You guys will just come and be reeling out anything...Have you considered the Law in existence at NEPAL before comparing it to Nigeria? We need more education...No an Insult bro.

CilicMarin:

#SayNoToCorruptJudiciary

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by capitalzero: 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2019
CilicMarin:
Breaking News:

Case adjourned to Tuesday January 22nd 2019 for proper service and appearance of Justice Walter Onnoghen in case of FG vs ONNOGHEN.

Noisy courtroom as CCT Chairman argues with Defence Counsel Wole Olanipekun, and finally adjourns.

CCT Chairman Danladi Umar says service should be done by Wednesday and hearing to resume on Thursday this week but Defence Counsel Olanipekun kicks, says the timing is too short.

"I'm in charge of my court, not you" Umar replies Olanipekun.

@UnlockTheNow

@UnlockTheNow https:///XCLzjy2snQ

before next week, court junction stopping cct will be obtained.
Re: Onnoghen: Tribunal Adjourned To January 22 by Mujtahida: 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2019
PassingShot:

This is Nigeria. Nobody has and nobody truly cares about credibility. We roll in sh1t including you and not just roll, Nigerians love the shiit. Let Babachir, Buhari's henchman tell you how credibility works in Nigeria.

What credibility are you bleating about? What credibility has Danladi Umar the chairman of the CCT who has corruption charges filed by this very government hanging like an albatross on his neck yet is sitting as judge over another person?

Credibility my foot!

In a society of thieves, in a society that lives by a system of fraud, by a code of duplicity writ large over every facet of national life, every criminal convicted by that same system is not a deterrent but a victim, a hapless victim.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Bans Public Display Of Caskets, Depositing Of Corpses Beyond Two Months / Use Tithes To Buy Arms For Christians – FFK Backs Omatseye / Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.