|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,888,567 members, 6,944,144 topics. Date: Sunday, 03 July 2022 at 01:26 AM
|Many Of The People I Meet Are Looking For Jobs by izibili5(m): 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2010|
I am tired of hearing people telling me that they want a job , what do i do is what one of my friends asked me some time ago , i thought i should share this here , there are ways to pass job interviews and secure a good job
|Re: Many Of The People I Meet Are Looking For Jobs by WarHorse1(m): 9:26am On Aug 13, 2010|
The problem is not that there are no jobs. complex as it may seem, the problem is within us as individuals. The problems could be itemized
1. Most of us have nothing to offer should a job be place before us. Its partly not our fault. The Uninversity gives us outdated knowledge that finds no expresion in our morden work organizations. e.g A computer Science graduate who depends solely on what he got in the university will have nothing to offer today.
2. We do not develop ourselves. Most of us lack a reading culture. The knowledge that delivers today is within books and the internet. but how many of us care to read and exploit the knowledge within?
3. The love of money. Ask most of us why we want to work, the primary reson is that we want money. Thats the response of one who has nothing to offer. The love to deliver should be the your first reason. Money will always come after it.
4. How many of us have something we know we are best at doing? The majority of us cannot point out two or more things that we can do very well. Our expectation is that we will be employed and then trained on what to do. Sorry, these days, companies do not have money to do much training. They need experienced hands. (I know what you want to ask - "where do we get the experience if no opportunity to work?" see next item.
5. How many of us will work for free just to get an acknowledgement of experience? Well, thats how some have got their jobs. Let as many people know what you can do even if it means you do these things free. I personally benefited from this means. It was an advise given me by an American proffessor at Harvard Business school via the internet. My current job which pays me over 200k linked to me by someone I taught free of charge. So do as much so that people can know what you are best at doing - action speaks lauder than CVs. Start today, put proposals to companies that you want to do somethings you know how to do best for little of free and see the network you will grow. then wait for the network to yield. Its about finding a job by doing a job.
There are more but i will find time to spill it out
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37