Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Mikel Obi's Future Performances - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mikel Obi's Future Performances (1069 Views)

Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi's Future Performances by BizBooks(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2010
With a fixture like the one below, Chelsea will likely start the season with the maximum 9 points.

Saturday, 14 August 2010
Chelsea v West Brom 17:30

Saturday, 21 August 2010
Wigan v Chelsea 17:15

Saturday, 28 August 2010
Chelsea v Stoke

All times GMT

However, the topic of this thread is solely to cast a spotlight on Mikel Obi's performance in those games if he plays. A misleading narrative is taking root on NL. This narrative states that Mikel Obi is a terrible player who frequently makes back passes or passes to the nearest blue shirit. It also states that Mikel does not move forward and does not take shots at goal.

I will attempt to put this narrative to the test by documenting Mikel's every move at Chelsea’s games whenever I can. In effect, instead of watching the matches, I will be watching Mikel. The actions to be documented include:

1. Short Back Passes (mockingly called "Passes to the nearest blue shirt"wink
2. Short Forward Passes (also mockingly called "Passes to the nearest blue shirt"wink
3. Lateral or Sideways Passes (also mockingly called "Passes to the nearest blue shirt"wink
4. Long Back Passes
5. Long Forward Passes
6. Balls won Defensively
7. Shorts on Goal
8. Goals Scored (that's not gonna happen, you say, but let's add it anyway)

I will begin this herculean task with the match against West Brom on Saturday. Result will be posted here.
Re: Mikel Obi's Future Performances by BizBooks(m): 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2010
Half time score: Chelsea 2 West Brom 0.

So far so good for Mikel. He made major contributions towards both goals. For the first goal, Malouda scored off Mikel's rebounded shot. For the second, Mikel gave a through pass to Essien who was immediately brought down near the 18 yard box. Drogba scored from the resultant free kick.

Mikel touched the ball about 40 times in the first half. Full details will be provided after the game.

(1) (Reply)

Thomas Tuchel Reveals The Three Mistakes He Made During Chelsea's Disappointing / Is Messi Really Da Best? / How To Beat Barcelona FC - (chelsea A Case Study) Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.