Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions (41392 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Princedapace(m): 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2019
afoobabs:
i cant help weeping when i looked at our judiciary in this country and they call it the last hope of the masses. if the judiciary in itself is an embodiment of corruption what hope is left in it for the masses.

This case of CJN it baffles me why all these emotional and sentimental driven Nigerians do not want to know if the allegations are true or false. Nigerians are not ready for a better Nigeria what is our business if the probe is selective or not what matters most is whether he is guilty or innocent of crime and leave that to the court to decide.
its not that the govt is sending him to jail outrightly, he was just asked to step aside then go to the CCT to clear his name.

My brother, Buhari started this nonsense..

He became selective with his fight against corruption.. He is fixing his loyalties in strategic positions.. He wants to turn the country into his personal family property..

Na, Buhari is terrible.. He made everyone know that he is just too tribalistic..he could have done his tribal stuff codedly but he allowed stupidity to blindfold him..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Hotfreezer: 8:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
Mrpojj:

Has he been a judge all his life?
Has he not been making money
This issue is if fed govt fight corruption sincerely pple won't complain
But this selective prosecution is what is causing uproat

Onnoghen has been a judge for at least the past 25 years. Has he been a CJ all these years?

2 Likes

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by kerzhim(m): 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
A top judicial officer caught in the act and admitted that he forgot to include a financial portion of his assets in the decleration form which is an abberation to the rule of law, and we are here shouting due process which he (CJN) never considered when perpetrating the shameful act.

We are so much soaked in curruption to extent that we fail to discern what is wrong and what is right.

I shake my head for this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by supereagle(m): 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
Baawaa:
For real our judiciary is corrupt,
Only sensible comment so far.
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by anonymous1759(m): 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2019
This corrupt CJN the poor masses are crying for can't represent thier interest. That's the funny thing about Nigeria masses. When the rich are fighting each other the poor gat Nothing to do with it. Because when the rich share the country's resources they don't make it noisy. But the senseless masses will cry for them because of ethnicity or one political they belong to.

We pray for good leaders but shield them when they're been prosecuted, ain't we encouraging them??
APC prosecute all PDP thiefs. PDP do the same when you've your share of power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ginger dem for Twitter and spoil there name and tag them

Samakus:
Zenith bank please resolve my charge back claims made on 27/12/2018. Up till now, my money has not been reversed back to my account.

I will continue calling you guys out until someone hears me since every effort made towards getting you people to reverse my money has proved abortive. What a wicked bank
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Ibnltd33: 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
Buhari invitation to anarchy, naija sitting on a landmine

2 Likes

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Ogaga87(m): 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hotfreezer:
Shut down which system? It's like that one is mad.

Annual pay of the CJN is less than 20M and they found 250M in an account he forgot to declare.

Before you shout like dog wen see spirit, make you go back history and ask some questions before embarrassing me publicly.. Do you know ex governor of Ekiti state, Fayose paid his current lawyer one billion naira (1,000,000,000) for helping him defend a case and when the case of the money was taken to court, the lawyer won... Why then do you think 250million is a whole lot for the CJN.. The matter at hand now is not the amount found in his account but why did he failed to disclose it properly because he, CJN said he made an adjustment after discovering that the account was not disclosed.. Please shout well next time and this embarrassment because next time, I go insult you very well...

Na joke I dey O before you go dey find my face to slap..

3 Likes

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by homody(m): 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
Mrpojj:

Has he been a judge all his life?
Has he not been making money
This issue is if fed govt fight corruption sincerely pple won't complain
But this selective prosecution is what is causing uproat

U no get brain at all, wetin be asset declearation ? I weep for naija o.
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by michoim(m): 8:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
Mumu lawyers. They should shutdown the system; then we declare a state of emergency and run the system on martial law...

1 Like

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Hotfreezer: 8:13pm On Jan 14, 2019
Ogaga87:

Before you shout like dog wen see spirit, make you go back history and ask some questions before embarrassing me publicly.. Do you know ex governor of Ekiti state, Fayose paid his current lawyer one billion naira (1,000,000,000) for helping him defend a case and when the case of the money was taken to court, the lawyer won... Why then do you think 250million is a whole lot for the CJN.. The matter at hand now is not the amount found in his account but why did he failed to disclose it properly because he, CJN said he made an adjustment after discovering that the account was not disclosed.. Please shout well next time and this embarrassment because next time, I go insult you very well...

Na joke I dey O before you go dey find my face to slap..

This your matter is spiritual. Let me attempt to diagnose your matter.

Do you know that lawyers are richer than judges?
Do you know that renumeration and allowances of judicial officers are fixed?
Let's start from there.

Before you disgrace yourself further and advertise your ignorance, Fayose didn't pay his lawyer 1billion. He paid 75M to Mike Ozekhome his lawyer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Skengman: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hotfreezer:

This your matter is spiritual. Let me attempt to diagnose your matter.

Do you know that lawyers are richer than judges?
Do you know that renumeration and allowances of judicial officers are fixed?
Let's start from there.

Before you disgrace yourself further and advertise your ignorance, Fayose didn't pay his lawyer 1billion. He paid 75M to Mike Ozekhome his lawyer.
Pls go easy on the guy. It’s not his fault.

1 Like

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Ogaga87(m): 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2019
Walebaba23:
What is this one saying so because is the CJN he should not be tried for corruption. I nk

So in your endowed brain if at all it's truly what I feel it is, you think the persecution against Saraki was that he was corrupt abi..

Take sense and grab it with full force.. Anybody that is not ready to listen yo Buhari this time will only receive treatment like this, and because you and I are not lawyers we cannot understand to it's fullest what the process ought to be.. My advice to you is that you should understand our political process before lashing out on whoever you feel like lashing out on..

Sheelip well, Good9t

1 Like

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by islandmoon: 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2019
kapelvej:
Crash the system on the silly dullard from Daura. Gandollar was not even invited or interrogated all in the name of immunity, but fayose was chased all over the country even as a sitting governor, make I hear say anybody still talk of intergrity

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Enemyofpeace: 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2019
It's long overdue
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by grandpoh(m): 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
PStacks:
The erudite jurist Akinola Aguda, of blessed memory, said in 1978, when handling a case in which a lawyer was found guilty:
"Because you are a lawyer, who is supposed to know better, I will give you the maximum punishment prescribed under this act.
“I want the lawyers, and judges to know that if politicians can fail the society, military can fail the society, lawyers cannot afford to fail the society or else we are all doomed.
We should not drag sentiment into law. No matter the people’s nomenclature, tribe, religion, we should be guided by the law''
Our number one jurist in 2019 remembered to declare his Naira account but said he forgot to declare his fx account.
Wetin I sabi? Lawyers said that the law says the case must go to NJC first where the accused is the head and NBA chairman who is also standing a corruption trial is a member.
Well said...
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by YenYo: 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2019
Osinbajo that his the VP ,what help is he giving the dunce in aso rock?

I just came to the realisation that he must have being sent on market errand.

Shame on a man who was an epitome of constitutional law now reduced to "akawo" market man.

I spit on his bare head.
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by brojoshua: 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
But there will never be many who will stand for truth, justice, righteousness, etc in Nigeria. There are very very few who will stand against corruption, injustice, unrighteousness, cheating of the mass and stealing of people's common wealth by the lawless law makers in the area of taking any amount they want from people's money in the name of salaries and renumeration
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by bigfish3k: 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2019
delerx:
We are at the peak of destruction as tribalism and ethnicity are the order of the day from the presidency down to the stupid people. Nigeria is doomed, irreparable and docked for life. in other news

seperation will settle all these ur complains and or true federalism or we will forever remain a shit hole
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Just2endowed2(m): 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2019
PStacks:
The erudite jurist Akinola Aguda, of blessed memory, said in 1978, when handling a case in which a lawyer was found guilty:
"Because you are a lawyer, who is supposed to know better, I will give you the maximum punishment prescribed under this act.
“I want the lawyers, and judges to know that if politicians can fail the society, military can fail the society, lawyers cannot afford to fail the society or else we are all doomed.
We should not drag sentiment into law. No matter the people’s nomenclature, tribe, religion, we should be guided by the law''
Our number one jurist in 2019 remembered to declare his Naira account but said he forgot to declare his fx account.
Wetin I sabi? Lawyers said that the law says the case must go to NJC first where the accused is the head and NBA chairman who is also standing a corruption trial is a member.
The deputy president will preside in the matter. Study the process of disciplinary proceedings of wanting members. Don't just conclude

1 Like

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Just2endowed2(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2019
YenYo:
Osinbajo that his the VP ,what help is he giving the dunce in aso rock?

I just came to the realisation that he must have being sent on market errand.

Shame on a man who was an epitome of constitutional law now reduced to "akawo" market man.

I spit on his bare head.

He doesn't run the government. It's the cabal that runs the government and control every security system of the County. Vp is just a figure head and he might not have been brief about the whole operation. Remember the invasion of the national assembly?

1 Like

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by freemi(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2019
afoobabs:
i cant help weeping when i looked at our judiciary in this country and they call it the last hope of the masses. if the judiciary in itself is an embodiment of corruption what hope is left in it for the masses.

This case of CJN it baffles me why all these emotional and sentimental driven Nigerians do not want to know if the allegations are true or false. Nigerians are not ready for a better Nigeria what is our business if the probe is selective or not what matters most is whether he is guilty or innocent of crime and leave that to the court to decide.
its not that the govt is sending him to jail outrightly, he was just asked to step aside then go to the CCT to clear his name.
mtcheeeeewp

1 Like

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Timatayo1: 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2019
What do except Nigerian when you vote for dictatorship and nepotism that doesn't recognize the different between white and black and brainless animal just continued to enjoyed your change

2 Likes

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Jagaban880: 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2019
We stream live matches

check my signature
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by modath(f): 8:42pm On Jan 14, 2019
Omeokachie:

A 'lady' should be self-respecting.
Stop chasing and flirting with me. I am obviously not interested as you can see. Please bookmark this. undecided

Chasing you? Oh my lawdyy.. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by orisa37: 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2019
Buhari should let Onnoghen be.
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2019
Goddys:

You ooze of ignorance from your above post. Before you make comment next time, try to find out the position of law and not display ignorance
my brother, Nigeria 's Law was cooked and serverd to favour just a selected few in this country. The best way to start is to first of all destroy our laws and constitution and rebuild it again.
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by semyman: 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
Agents of looters
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2019
Goddys:

You ooze of ignorance from your above post. Before you make comment next time, try to find out the position of law and not display ignorance
what is the position Of The law?
Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Nathdoug(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hotfreezer:
Shut down which system? It's like that one is mad.

Annual pay of the CJN is less than 20M and they found 250M in an account he forgot to declare.

shut up Zombie
So the man doesn't have a business..
That is fetching him extra money
I don't know how you zombies think

1 Like

Re: CJN Onnoghen: Nigerian Lawyers Set To Shut Down The System. See Reactions by Topze(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2019
Hmmmm

Anyways

I have a dope wristwatch for sale..check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Owo Church Attack: Tinubu Donates ₦75 Million To Victims And Catholic Church / "Buhari In Akwa Ibom: This Is Not World Cup Or Champions League Final" - Bashir / Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.