Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

How I Was Scammed By Britons : Beware!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed By Britons : Beware!!! (471 Views)

How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja. / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed By Britons : Beware!!! by callthefred: 10:59am On Jan 15, 2019
This makes it exactly a year that I realised I was a victim of fraud by some British/Arab family. I have written the UK embassy more than 4 times and after only acknowledging to do something about it in my first email, I got nothing ever since. If it were a Nigerian who scammed their citizens, BBC and all UK propaganda media would have feautured it o. Here is my story:

About 18 months ago I got a mail from alibabao (after the Nigerian government claimed we can now export yams, I created a yam trade). The guy is from Turkey but is a British citizen and runs a food business with his family. A duly registered UK business o. After negotiations and the news that Nigerian yam was rejected in the US I backed out of yam deal so we started discussing pepper which looks easier as it will be shipped by air so limited chances of damage.

At first I sent 500kg and on arrival in the UK on a Friday evening via Virgin atlantic the UK agency in charge of imports refuse to keep the peppers in the refrigerator, peppers that are packaged in cartons (even in Nigeria these products are kept in freezers at Nahco before export), the boarder agency refused to clear the pepper claiming weekend, by Monday all the pepper has ripped because they were sent unripe and all got rotten due to heat. They were all destroyed and I also have to pay them for destruction and disposal.

I accepted my faith and considered it a lesson so a month later I did 1,000kg again and shipped with British airways on a week day. The pepper got to UK again and it took another 2 days to clear, after clearing the client was supposed to pay on delivery, the guy and his sister blocked me on Whatsapp and my email. I knew I had gotten scamned, reported to the UK embassy and a year later nothing. I tried adding these guys on another number and I figured they are still very much in this game. I have all documents to back my claim but I need to let fellow Nigerians know and learn from my experience. My conclusion is this scam was aided my government agency in the UK knowingly or not, their silence for a whole year fuelled my conclusion.

To my surprise I give kudos to NAHCO, that is the only Nigerian agency that truly works and wants your success...no bribe demanded and no corner cutting accepted.

Thank you for reading!!!
Re: How I Was Scammed By Britons : Beware!!! by Vornic: 11:02am On Jan 15, 2019
Lol, some oyinbo men dey sing "maga don pay" right now
Re: How I Was Scammed By Britons : Beware!!! by callthefred: 11:08am On Jan 15, 2019
Lost over a million and business has been grounded ever since. But when I do my own make nobody shout Nigeria is scam capital of the world o
Re: How I Was Scammed By Britons : Beware!!! by hahn(m): 11:12am On Jan 15, 2019
Vornic:
Lol, some oyinbo men dey sing "maga don pay" right now

Someone from Turkey is not am oyibo.

Dem dey vex pass us sef
Re: How I Was Scammed By Britons : Beware!!! by adegbola55: 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
You know why these British people and other oyinbos do not trust us? It is because they themselves are not trustworthy. So. They set up many systems that work. You need to use one of them. For example, letter of credit or payment before shipment.
And saying NAHCO is the only government organisation that does not ask for bribes is an insult to hundreds of government organisations and the millions for people who work for state and federal government of Nigeria.
When I attempted to import stuff, I met nice, polite and efficient civil servants all the way. I have not paid one kobo bribe so far. I had to ask one of the boy-looking civil servants in the IRS how come? The guy said that it was the old civil servant who were corrupt. The new ones that are coming are not.
Big wonder how no one voted for the new politicians who should lead these new civil servants!!
Re: How I Was Scammed By Britons : Beware!!! by ifyalways(f): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
Someone scammed you, you wrote this epistle without as much as mentioning the Britons or their Company name, the purpose of this tbread then is

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sex Worker Gets Bail After Stealing N80, 000 From Colleague / Drug Dealer Sentenced 24 Strokes Of Cane ,he Complains Its Much,good Country / What's Your Take On Jungle Justice???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.