Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,670 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State (31511 Views)

National Grid Restored After Fire At Afam Power Plant. / Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines / Angry Youths Shut Afam Power Station, Throw Rivers Into Darkness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by GavelSlam: 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2019
Realdeals:

Should they lie that GEJ started it? Even the Lagos-Ibadan rail project is 90% funded by the Chinese government and was initiated and negotiated by the Obasanjo administration.

So obasanjo to Yar'adua to Jonathan could not even commence construction but we should attribute it to them.

That means it is also Lord Lugard's doing.

5 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by szymanski(m): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
Whosoever wrote this article obviously needs to be cross examine, I work at Afam power station as an electrical consultant, I've lived there with my family for 18years now. They've been no project as such here, all we've been doing here are mainly maintenance jobs, you guys should stop posting trash and misinforming the masses, Dem never even pay us for Six good months now, and your here saying buhari did this and that. Sometimes I wonder if you guys have anything better to do than writing rubbish.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by RealityShot: 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
Just VOTE BUHARI for continuity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by GavelSlam: 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
Realdeals:

It is also very sure that if Buhari did not get the second term in office, his administration will not complete the Lagos-Ibadan railway, likewise, the Oyo-Ogbomosho road........No single term administration can finish whatever it started or those they met under construction.

Yar'adua/ Jonathan was 8 years.

What do they have to show for it?

If you say they did well then Buhari has done excellent.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by bixton(m): 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2019
Atouke:
Stop lying the afam power station is privately owned by the consortium headed by the chairman of uba bank.
These power station was one of those that benefited from President Barack Obama power Africa loans in 2013/2014.
Money was paid to GE for the turbines via this initiative.
These was done during GEJ tenure, buhari had zero input.
Stop taking credit for GEJ good and strategic leadership.

So what exactly should PMB be doing since he can't take the credit?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by Didi2d(m): 7:28pm On Jan 15, 2019
That one concern una, Biafran people no go appreciate am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by somehow: 7:29pm On Jan 15, 2019
So the only thing PDP and GEJ knew how to do for 16 and 5 years respectively was to "initiate"? Were they cursed from completing any?

And you want to give the accolades to the people who wasted our money without completing anything depriving the one that completed them?

Na so God go take dey collect the reward of your sweat give someone else If you don't stop this habit!
Nicklaus619:
Oop get your facts right before u post anything, this is one of GEJ initiated projects, it's only sad that some biggot assholes never have him the chance to complete it, stop giving credit to buhari, he probably don't even know nothing about this,
This campaign charade is laughable cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by PythonDancer: 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
Realdeals:

Should they lie that GEJ started it? Even the Lagos-Ibadan rail project is 90% funded by the Chinese government and was initiated and negotiated by the Obasanjo administration.
Lmao
Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by Ngbeman: 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
All these lies just for 2023 presidency
Posterity will judge us all

4 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by uzoma213(m): 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
I smell lies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by Shikena(m): 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2019
Na lie. This project was initiated by Aguiyi Ironsi grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by PythonDancer: 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2019
Realdeals:

It is also very sure that if Buhari did not get the second term in office, his administration will not complete the Lagos-Ibadan railway, likewise, the Oyo-Ogbomosho road........No single term administration can finish whatever it started or those they met under construction.

With two term in office, Buhari can never complete the Mambila Hydropower project and the Lagos-Kano railway project
Jonadaft_ used almost two terms . Be informed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 15, 2019
WHEN DID BULLHARI BUILD AFAM POWER PLANT? THUNDER FIRE THAT PERSON MOUTH..AFAM POWER PLANT WAS BUILT DURING GEJ REGIME..STOP SPREADING FAKE NEWS UP AND DOWN..USELESS BMC CREW...NB-I STAY IN AFAM ,OYIGBO RIVERS STATE..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by hammerFC: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2019
BUHARI DID NOTHING IN 4 YEARS AND HE WILL DO NOTHING IN ANOTHER 4 YEARS, MAKING IT 8 YEARS OF NOTHING.

BUHARI + 8 YEARS = NOTHING

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by gare(f): 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2019
Trizzi:
Tolu Ogunlesi share photos from newly completed 240MW power plant constructed by President Buhari in Rivers.

He wrote:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/01/photos-from-240mw-afam-power-plant.html

Is it so bad that they have resorted to claiming personal projects as PMB achievement, you guys can see that PMB did nothing, MOD pls very your news well before bringing to front page, because this is fake news

5 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by JONSYN7154: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2019
Haba! APC, why una too dey lie? I'm working with AFAM gas plant and I know everything about that thing. Buhari did not construct it joor. make una look for another lie to talk

5 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by nograv: 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2019
KenOne:

You guys don't get tired with this line GEJ paid for it or GEJ started it.

When they finally commissioned Lagos-Ibadan in March you'll come here again with this line GEJ paid for it, GEJ started it.

E Pain Am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by Nicklaus619(m): 7:38pm On Jan 15, 2019
somehow:
So the only thing PDP and GEJ knew how to do for 16 and 5 years respectively was to "initiate"? Were they are cursed from completing any?

And you want to give the accolades to the people who wasted our money without completing anything depriving the one that completed them?

Na so God go take dey collect the reward of your sweat give someone else If you don't stop this habit!

Oop don't qoute me typing rubbish, is either your too APC blind to see or you are in their payroll, mention any APC initiated project since she finds her way to Aso rock? If you can't mention any with video evidence then God will let another person take glory for your hardwork ..

3 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by OnyeOgboni: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
Atouke:
Stop lying the afam power station is privately owned by the consortium headed by the chairman of uba bank.
These power station was one of those that benefited from President Barack Obama power Africa loans in 2013/2014.
Money was paid to GE for the turbines via this initiative.
These was done during GEJ tenure, buhari had zero input.
Stop taking credit for GEJ good and strategic leadership.
Lying has become a habit for these people..the problem is the 80% dumb/illiterate Nigerians that believe t Ihem without facts.pitiful

3 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by Realdeals(m): 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2019
GavelSlam:

Yar'adua/ Jonathan was 8 years.

What do they have to show for it?

If you say they did well then Buhari has done excellent.

I'm not defending GEJ cos I voted against him in 2015, what I hated is muddling things up as you are doing, Yar'adua and Jonathan run different administration, they have a different outlook to governance. While Yar'adua halted many policies and programmes he inherited from Obasanjo...Jonathan tried in resuscitating them.

Many of the gas-powered turbines which are now the major source of power were completed during GEJ era
Jonathan restored the railway link between the West and north, that's when the bridge at Akere in Niger state was destroyed by erosion
Jonathan completed the Ibadan-Oyo road, likewise the Ogbomosho to Ilorin axis

No administration is a failure in the real sense, everyone has an achievement which may just be differ from what the people expect.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by somehow: 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2019
Npower
Tradermoni
Artisan loan

Various rice mills across Nigeria
50% fertilizer subsidy
BOI loan to all farmers in Nigeria especially farmers

These are direct projects affecting the common man out there.

Why do you want them to go waste money starting new infrastructural projects when we have more than 300 abandoned ones? una dey think at all? shouldn't they be applauded for finishing as many abandoned projects as possible?

Someone is trying to solve problems created for 16-30 years within 4 years and coconut heads like una are too blind to understand what is happening!

Hate consume you there!

No make me vex before i take it personal with you.

Infact, name 5 projects you can point to that was started and completed by PDP in 16 years.

JUST 5! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Nicklaus619:

Oop don't qoute me typing rubbish, is either your too APC blind to see or you are in their payroll, mention any APC initiated project since she finds her way to Aso rock? If you can't mention any with video evidence then God will let another person take glory for your hardwork ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by somehow: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Please for clarity sake, kindly show evidence of the completed projects of GEJ.

Ibadan Oyo road? any link to that? picture? which railway link was restored? and was it operational? source/link?

Ogbomoso Ilorin road? OGA THIS IS A PURE LIE, was in Kwara state in 2015 and passed through that route, IT WAS ALL DUSTY WITH JUST SIGNPOSTS INDICATING "WORK IN PROGRESS" few parts were completed but majority was left in dust as at 2015! (On my way to Unilorin then to attend someone's graduation)

Realdeals:

I'm not defending GEJ cos I voted against him in 2015, what I hated is muddling things up as you are doing, Yar'adua and Jonathan run different administration, they have a different outlook to governance. While Yar'adua halted many policies and programmes he inherited from Obasanjo...Jonathan tried in resuscitating them.

Many of the gas-powered turbines which are now the major source of power were completed during GEJ era
Jonathan restored the railway link between the West and north, that's when the bridge at Akere in Niger state was destroyed by erosion
Jonathan completed the Ibadan-Oyo road, likewise the Ogbomosho to Ilorin axis

No administration is a failure in the real sense, everyone has an achievement which may just be differ from what the people expect.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by sky101: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
Haba, you people should fear God na, Adam Power plant has existed since before OBJ na, how come it is Buhari who built it.

This was one of the few places in Nigeria where there was almost no power outage, as in never heard of it.

With all those conversations web and old structure, Buhari built it?

I respect Buhari but please respect your self.

2 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by chocolatelady(f): 7:55pm On Jan 15, 2019
Shame on u guys that are saying that GEJ initiated all the projects being completed and commissioned by PMB. I wonder why he did not finish any single project for 5yrs. The reason is simply becos the money allocated for d project was shared among themselves and the project is allowed to lay fallow. Common sense is not actually common. U guys hatred for PMB is really killing u people. Who do we give credit to : the person that initiated the project, gave it out as contract and the money was shared among themselves or the person that came in gave the contract out again , allocate money for it and follow the contractors bumper to bumper to make such the project is completed. I must say that u guys are bunch of unreasonable people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by SternProphet: 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
Afam is NOT Buhari's project. It is also not Jonathan. Shell conceived and partially delivered it.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by Mrpojj(m): 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
Trizzi:
Tolu Ogunlesi share photos from newly completed 240MW power plant constructed by President Buhari in Rivers.

He wrote:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/01/photos-from-240mw-afam-power-plant.html

How can any1 attribute afam plant to buhari
Na wa ohh
Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by 1759King: 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
Constructed by which Buhari
Na so una dey do, mislead, misinform and think you are doing us!
Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by chocolatelady(f): 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
chocolatelady:
Shame on u guys that are saying that GEJ initiated all the projects being completed and commissioned by PMB. I wonder why he did not finish any single project for 5yrs. The reason is simply becos the money allocated for d project was shared among themselves and the project is allowed to lay fallow. Common sense is not actually common. U guys hatred for PMB is really killing u people. Who do we give credit to : the person that initiated the project, gave it out as contract and the money was shared among themselves or the person that came in gave the contract out again , allocate money for it and follow the contractors bumper to bumper to make such the project is completed. I must say that u guys are bunch of unreasonable people.
They shared the money so tey they even shared the billions they gathered during their launching to build their headquarter in Abuja. Till today, that project is still there uncompleted. If it is possible for PMB to complete and commission it for them. They will still say that GEJ initiated their headquarters. U people no dey reason well at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by Mrpojj(m): 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2019
chocolatelady:

Bros buhari cannot claim Afam, neither Jonathan
If you are from rivers state u will knw wat I mean

2 Likes

Re: Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State by Mrpojj(m): 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2019
szymanski:
Whosoever wrote this article obviously needs to be cross examine, I work at Afam power station as an electrical consultant, I've lived there with my family for 18years now. They've been no project as such here, all we've been doing here are mainly maintenance jobs, you guys should stop posting trash and misinforming the masses, Dem never even pay us for Six good months now, and your here saying buhari did this and that. Sometimes I wonder if you guys have anything better to do than writing rubbish.

Bro na person Wey Neva live for rivers state go believe them
No mind the person Wey post this lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gumi Provides ‘Evidence’ On His Claim That Christian Soldiers Kill Muslims- Reno / Younger Brother Of President Jonathan Dies At Aso Rock Clinic? / War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.