Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines (29957 Views)

10 Things To Know About Afam Mallison Ukatu, Drug Baron Linked To Abba Kyari / Yemi Osinbajo Commissions Aminu Dantata Flyover, Kano (Photos) / Photos From 240MW Afam Power Plant Constructed By Buhari In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by TheRareGem1(f): 4:17pm On May 09, 2023
VP Osinbajo today commissioned the Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW turbines in Afam, Rivers State.

Cc mynd444
Lalasticlala

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by TheRareGem1(f): 4:18pm On May 09, 2023
Vice President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo SAN, Chairman Transcorp Group Mr. Tony Elumelu, DG BPE Mr. Alex Okoh, Transcorp President Mrs.
Owen Omogiafo and Mr. Christopher Ezeafulukwe cut the tape during the commissioning of the Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW turbines in
Afam, Rivers State.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by TheRareGem1(f): 4:18pm On May 09, 2023
The General Manager GE Nigeria Mohammed Mijindadi, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo SAN, Chairman Transcorp Group Mr. Tony Elumelu,
Transcorp President Mrs. Owen Omogiafo take a selfie with the Afam III Fast Power Plant Engineers during the commissioning of the Transcorp
Afam III Fast Power 240MW turbines in Afam, Rivers State.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Sasi54: 4:19pm On May 09, 2023
Nice one, hoping the incoming government is willing to continue from where you will stop.

12 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Boomkalakuta: 4:20pm On May 09, 2023
You're telling me we left this man to give a drug baron party ticket at the primaries?

A shaking drug Baron

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Adelekan40(m): 4:25pm On May 09, 2023
This is a welcome development. 👍

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Parachoko: 4:47pm On May 09, 2023
I hope it will lead to an improvement in power supply for the people of Oyigbo and Nigeria in General

69 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by updatechange(m): 4:51pm On May 09, 2023
Smart dude… still my favorite Igbo man. 😌

9 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by sonature1: 4:52pm On May 09, 2023
This is commendable! More private players need to get involved in the power sector.
We cannot leave everything to the government.

By the way, I know that over 50% of Nigerians who complain that we don't have stable electricity cannot even afford to pay for it.

16 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by RepoMan007: 4:53pm On May 09, 2023
Better than none.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by phrancys001(m): 4:54pm On May 09, 2023
Abeg who help me see wike there among d pishure?, Mr refundable grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by RepoMan007: 4:55pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:
This is commendable! More private players need to get involved in the power sector.

By the way, I know that over 50% of Nigerians who complain that we don't have stable electricity cannot even afford to pay for it.
After generation of power what next. Discos can still hide metres and keep inflating bills to have side income. I don't envy these guys right now.

11 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by sonature1: 5:00pm On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
After generation of power what next. Discos can still hide metres and keep inflating bills to have side income. I don't envy these guys right now.

Discos buy power from Gencos, and supply it to homes and factories who bypass their meters just to buck the system. Homes who bypass and disable meters are some of our biggest problems.

They are the same people who will wail that we don't have regular power supply in Nigeria. Staying analogue is just a way of augmenting Discos' losses to meter bypasses. The government has been supportive though.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by RepoMan007: 5:06pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

Discos buy power from Gencos, and supply it to homes and factories who bypass their meters just to buck the system. Homes who bypass and disable meters are some of our biggest problems.

They are the same people who will wail that we don't have regular power supply in Nigeria. Staying analogue is just a way of augmenting Discos' losses to meter bypasses. The government has been supportive though.
the mumu and corrupt discos now have an excuse to justify endless estimated billing and thus theft.
They should build in protective circuits into their metres and spike the power voltage once in a while at random to destroy the gadgets of bypassers of their protected prepaid metres. They could program the metres to go off shortly before spike the voltage too. That will deter bypassers but can they reason out of the box?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by sonature1: 5:11pm On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
the mumu and corrupt discos now have an excuse to justify endless estimated billing and thus theft.
They should build in protective circuits into their metres and spike the power voltage once in a while at random to destroy the gadgets of bypassers of their protect prepaid metres. They could program the metres to go off shortly before spike the voltage too. That will deter bypassers both can they reason out of the box.

This is a wicked yet creative solution grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by RepoMan007: 5:13pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

This is a wicked yet creative solution grin
wicked solution to wicked act. That's why God created and reserved hellfire. The good God.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Brendaniel: 5:44pm On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
They should build in protective circuits into their metres and spike the power voltage once in a while at random to destroy the gadgets of bypassers of their protect prepaid metres. They could program the metres to go off shortly before spike the voltage too. That will deter bypassers but can they reason out of the box?

There are more effective and efficient solutions for this bypassing problem, but what I want to know is the source that powers these turbines they are commissioning...
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Biggees0(m): 8:50pm On May 09, 2023
Good one...

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by theophorus(m): 8:50pm On May 09, 2023
All these paparazzi on top those Lamba.

Well, na Solar he be like he sure pass for now Sha.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:52pm On May 09, 2023
Ok, seen.
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Chetas81(m): 8:52pm On May 09, 2023
RepoMan007:
They should build in protective circuits into their metres and spike the power voltage once in a while at random to destroy the gadgets of bypassers of their protect prepaid metres. They could program the metres to go off shortly before spike the voltage too. That will deter bypassers but can they reason out of the box?
who's fault
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by nairavsdollars(f): 8:54pm On May 09, 2023
Elumelu should hands off Transcorp...terrible manager

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by chachauche(m): 8:55pm On May 09, 2023
sonature1:

so?
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by YoungLionken(m): 8:55pm On May 09, 2023
A whole professor of the law and vice president, reduced to mere commissioning of projects (they pitied him and let him handle tradermonie, at least) for eight years??

So, not even the educated ones are spared from the Buhari dirty political game cheesy...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Arabk25: 8:55pm On May 09, 2023
Boomkalakuta:
You're telling me we left this man to give a drug baron party ticket at the primaries?

A shaking drug Baron

My brother the thing tire me I no go lie for you

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by AImiron: 8:55pm On May 09, 2023
Same transcorp wey Dey trend on Twitter earlier today

1 Like

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by Cromagnon: 8:56pm On May 09, 2023
Boomkalakuta:

A shaking drug Baron
The drug baron Giveth
The drug baron taketh
Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by SmartyPants(m): 8:56pm On May 09, 2023
Everyone is applauding this but privatisation was a stick used to beat Atiku in the elections. Does that mean the average Nigerian does not understand what privatisation means? Just as they don't fully comprehend subsidies? Unfortunately, Nigerians are just as loud as they are ignorant. In fact, I dare say, the more ignorant one is in this country, the more confident they are in airing their views!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:57pm On May 09, 2023
Beautiful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Halima Buhari With Governor Amosun In Abeokuta (Photo) / Throwback Picture Of Sani And Maryam Abacha (pic) / Aisha Yusufu Slams Police over lekki toll gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.