Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,533 members, 7,958,632 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:09 PM

5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich (20992 Views)

20 Online Businesses That Can Make You Rich With Just A Laptop & Internet / 3 Underrated But Lucrative Skills That Will Make You Rich / 5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Starboytwo(m): 10:58am On Jan 16, 2019
H
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by millionboi2: 11:00am On Jan 16, 2019
godwinstringed1:
smiley
very true op
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by efembaba(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2019
peacesamuel94:
schools don't make people rich, was never meant to. You make it sound like schooling and education are at loggerheads. The school by its very nature was designed to facilitate education, it was designed to systemize education, organize it, except of course the topic is about Nigerian schools were this have been compromised.
And by the way what is this senseless absurdity of Africans... (Ngerians precisely)going to school majorly to make money.
Well maybe because from his very birth the black man due to the environment he was borne in, was socialized....taught infact to fear poverty. So severe that everything and anything about him must revolve around how much money you can make from it.
Baba u are a smart guy... The only thing people know now is money money.. I can't blame them, they have no choice, Africa made them like that

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by vioment: 11:04am On Jan 16, 2019
You take style wrong sha.

School is good for all, and school like we know it uni, college, etc is a familiarization of a subject or an area of something; but what happened world wide in many places is that many graduates thought they had finished going to school, then complacency sets in and desire fizzles out.

School is supposed to get you familiar with an area/subject; and graduation of that subject/area is suppose to give companies or start-ups the confidence in hiring you and betting that you can grow and expand with them because you at least have SOME familiarity of what they are about.

The problem is, most graduates think they know it all, so in return, most companies(small or big) have little patience with graduates and push them to fail by making them feel like they need to know it all. An OG once told me that the kind of people he avoids being around are the people that always claim to know it all and also say they don't need extra knowledge.

Anyway am speaking about foreign schools; and then again, the times are changing, unlike before where only a few attempted to go or were opportune d to go, now though, is more people going in many fashions/ways, also with the programmable intelligence of machines, i think is still an ongoing experiment in the works.

As for nigeria, na sorting to pass courses, sorting to get jamb form, sorting to enter campus, sorting to graduate, and the other suffer head and stupid activities wey come with am. So that is what nigerian graduates are celebrating, the experience, not really the courses or majors they claimed to study. If na street smart matter, dem dey on board well. And it reflects with all the sec to sec crimes occurring, 98 bad news, 0.3% good news, the rest others wey fit be bad or good.

It is still a fact that we still need enuff experts to come and help nigeria in even building a two person two way over head bridge. If naija presido or many leaders fall ill, they will rather spend months outside naija to treat themselves.

* There is more knowledge after graduation.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Tony142: 11:04am On Jan 16, 2019
#fact

Ops, u are very correct
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by bluefilm: 11:08am On Jan 16, 2019
I detest the whole idea behind schooling.

The only type of persons who will really enjoy our current school system most especially our ASUU coordinated Nigerian higher institutions, are people who love to cram.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 16, 2019
The people that teach at school are not rich themselves. How can they figure out how be rich, let alone teach the students?

If you want to be rich, find your own way.

Feel free to check my signature to compare and book the cheapest possible flights and hotels worldwide. Save up to 75 %.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by SAMBARRY: 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
HeyCorleone:
"creating job employments"

The irony. Who'd apply for your job when everyone wants to be an entrepreneur? Smh.

Your posts are always baseless, and are always set to shame a particular group of people.

It's the Nigerian milieu that has made us reason that school doesn't help anyone. In developed European countries, everyone gets a job irrespective of the courses they study.

Besides, not everyone was meant to be an entrepreneur. Some get it better by working for others. There's nothing wrong there. Bill Gates, and pretty much everyone on Forbes 100 got their by having people work for them. There's also a high chance that those who worked for them would never have made it if they were entrepreneurs.
spot on..that's why everyone was gifted differently. If you don't work under someone, how will you learn the rudimentaries of what you should learn when you finally own your own company. Entrepreneurship is good but you need to go to school so you can apply some of the paper work or text book knowledge with everyday life experiences and the ability to manage people,your employees and your customers.essentially every form of education has a role to play in adding to your expertise, wisdom and knowledge. Its just like saying fathers are more important than mothers or mothers are more important than fathers.each of them have a role to play in your success story so thank you for that .I've had enough bollsheet from this entrepreneurial motivational speakers...jeez
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by SAMBARRY: 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2019
Goldenventures:
The people that teach at school are not rich themselves. How can they figure out how be rich, let alone teach the students?

If you want to be rich, find your own way.

Feel free to check my signature to compare and book the cheapest possible flights and hotels worldwide. Save up to 75 %.
keep deceiving yourself with that line.being rich and looking rich are 2 different things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by SAMBARRY: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
bluefilm:
I detest the whole idea behind schooling.

The only type of persons who will really enjoy our current school system most especially our ASUU coordinated Nigerian higher institutions, are people who love to cram.
there is nothing that will ever replace the gap of school education, that is why you will always easily notice and spot the difference between a rich illiterate business man or business and the educated business man and business.

That's why you will see an illiterate business man being cheated by something very obvious and he won't easily know or recognize it.

Now let me leave you with this. Why do you think all these Rich illiterate Alaba traders who after primary education were into business marry women with masters degree and sponsor their kids to universities abroad for an MBA? Because they know money or success in business cannot fill the gap of education and they also want someone who can help them in the paper knowledge part

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Olatunji1929: 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2019
And u learnt how to write dis jagons in ur useless father's house dindindrin omo oponu after you have graduated from d same school you start discouraging others as if your siblings are in to that entrepreneure or you wont send d useless kids u are going to have later to school anyway common sense is not common i dont blame u i blame those who thinks that you are sensible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
SAMBARRY:
keep deceiving yourself with that line.being rich and looking rich are 2 different things
Take the forbes 100 list, and give me the name of only 20 among them who became rich due to excellent school results. Then we can talk.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2019
Talent can make you rich, but it's what you gat in your brains that keep those riches... Education is important whether you like it or not..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by gentlegenius(m): 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2019
Ay77:
Do you think those American's you see or just look at their country... Do you think they did all of that without Education!!!!

Black man and Black brain

Schooling ( Education) is PARAMOUNT cheesy grin
There is a big difference between schooling and education.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Malume1(m): 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2019
I will teach you how to earn 15k in two weeks.
Dont waste your time this ASUU strike. Find something doing. The offer is new and hot.

Check my signature, contact me on whatsapp for more details.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by boss10: 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2019
The mentality of some Nigerians sha....
5 totally wrong points
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Yian1(m): 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2019
For those of you who know that schooling doesn't guarantee Success, but would like to be shown a life-changing opportunity that can help you to achieve your dreams, you can reach me on whatsapp on this number 08164269252.

NB: if you won't be able to exercise patience and work it out within 1-3 years, don't bother to contact me... Thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Ay77(m): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
gentlegenius:

There is a big difference between schooling and education.

Enlighten me
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by SAMBARRY: 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
Goldenventures:

Take the forbes 100 list, and give me the name of only 20 among them who became rich due to excellent school results. Then we can talk.

ogbeni go and sit down.which Nigerian business man has entered Forbes list,let's start with that 1st
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by SAMBARRY: 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2019
Olatunji1929:
And u learnt how to write dis jagons in ur useless father's house dindindrin omo oponu after you have graduated from d same school you start discouraging others as if your siblings are in to that entrepreneure or you wont send d useless kids u are going to have later to school anyway common sense is not common i dont blame u i blame those who thinks that you are sensible
gbam
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
SAMBARRY:
ogbeni go and sit down.which Nigerian business man has entered Forbes list,let's start with that 1st
Who talked about Nigerian business men?

Anyway there are 2 Nigerians in the Forbes ranking. I'm Sure you know their names.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by acorntree(m): 6:39pm On Jan 16, 2019
godwinstringed1:

SOURCE: https://www.ideaflavour.com/how-become-rich-fast-business/

These your points are pure fallacies, unsubstantiated fact, due to faulty reasoning , or purely as a result of your ignorance. it shows the level of your education, which leads to these faulty generalization. Your reasoning is totally warped and you lack basic intellectual capacity to argue intelligently. If you're a Nigerian graduate, its OK to reason like this since most of you buy your way out of the system.
I. Education or going to school is not meant to make you rich. If you're aiming to be rich or wealthy you've to devise your own path, either starting a business or acquiring special skills which gives you enough money in order to be rich.

II. Educational system from primary, secondary, to tertiary, universities, polytechnics are all designed to transfer knowledge. its now left for individual to decide when and how to use the knowledge acquired. The application of knowledge acquired is how we defined those who are really educated or not. if after secondary education you felt you've acquired enough one can decide to leave the system.

III. There are different types of education, formal and informal education. Evidence of formal education is the issuance of paper certificate which most of you are crazy about. How many of you will go to university just to acquire the knowledge without the paper certificate? I'm sure non. so my point is many Nigerians just hide under the paper without nothing to offer. if you're really educated you don't need to show any paper . Just research and proffer solutions to problemd in your field of study. How many of you can do that?

III. No where in the world you become an expert out of school. Despite book knowledge you still need a form of apprenticeship or tutelage. Experience count.
IV . Education is the best thing that has ever happen to mankind. without education we won't have computers, internet etc . These are products of education, research etc. We still need. more Nigerian's to be educated. Real Education bring innovations . Education don't make people become lazy. No knowledge is a waste and no time is wasted in the process of acquiring knowledge. Education will reform individual and make him / her better .

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by SAMBARRY: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
Goldenventures:

Who talked about Nigerian business men?

Anyway there are 2 Nigerians in the Forbes ranking. I'm Sure you know their names.
so how come the 2 billionaires sent their kids to school.them for make them illiterates or school drop outs na wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2019
SAMBARRY:
so how come the 2 billionaires sent their kids to school.them for make them illiterates or school drop outs na wink
nobody said school is useful. it is useful in many respects. But as far as making money is concerned the present school system is more meant to produce employees than real wealthy men. Now, if your next response is half as stupid as your previous ones, I shall not respond to you any longer.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by SAMBARRY: 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2019
Goldenventures:

nobody said school is useful. it is useful in many respects. But as far as making money is concerned the present school system is more meant to produce employees than real wealthy men. Now, if your next response is half as stupid as your previous ones, I shall not respond to you any longer.
gerarahere men!!!

You have no point, talkless of a valid point
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Graduateacher(f): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2019
Why is there difference between someone that went to school and an illiterate? Keep devisvong yourself
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by godwinstringed1(m): 10:54pm On Jan 16, 2019
acorntree:

These your points are pure fallacies, unsubstantiated fact, due to faulty reasoning , or purely as a result of your ignorance. it shows the level of your education, which leads to these faulty generalization. Your reasoning is totally warped and you lack basic intellectual capacity to argue intelligently. If you're a Nigerian graduate, its OK to reason like this since most of you buy your way out of the system.
I. Education or going to school is not meant to make you rich. If you're aiming to be rich or wealthy you've to devise your own path, either starting a business or acquiring special skills which gives you enough money in order to be rich.

II. Educational system from primary, secondary, to tertiary, universities, polytechnics are all designed to transfer knowledge. its now left for individual to decide when and how to use the knowledge acquired. The application of knowledge acquired is how we defined those who are really educated or not. if after secondary education you felt you've acquired enough one can decide to leave the system.

III. There are different types of education, formal and informal education. Evidence of formal education is the issuance of paper certificate which most of you are crazy about. How many of you will go to university just to acquire the knowledge without the paper certificate? I'm sure non. so my point is many Nigerians just hide under the paper without nothing to offer. if you're really educated you don't need to show any paper . Just research and proffer solutions to problemd in your field of study. How many of you can do that?

III. No where in the world you become an expert out of school. Despite book knowledge you still need a form of apprenticeship or tutelage. Experience count.
IV . Education is the best thing that has ever happen to mankind. without education we won't have computers, internet etc . These are products of education, research etc. We still need. more Nigerian's to be educated. Real Education bring innovations . Education don't make people become lazy. No knowledge is a waste and no time is wasted in the process of acquiring knowledge. Education will reform individual and make him / her better .

You are so myopic and lazy to read that schooling is what I'm all saying about...

Education is essential... Yes.

But I major on schooling... You're too lazy to read what the write up is about. You and me are saying the same thing Mr Oyinbo Scholary
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Nostradamus: 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2019
Baseless post. Mr. O. P go and show this ya post to those parents who are willing to spend huge amounts for their kids schooling.

Going to school gives you a broader chance to hit it big in future than you not going to school..

A kid who goes to school has a better shot at success than the kid whose parents failed to send him to school.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Nostradamus: 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
But come whats this fool talking about. School makes you lazy? Really?
am happy am not the only one that noticed that..

Imagine saying school makes one lazy!!!

I fear this o.p.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Schooling May Never Make You Rich by Pesb(m): 5:02am On Jul 15, 2019
I think the OP must have read one book and he got carried away.

And the next thing that came to his mind was to open a thread on nairaland on sensitive matter like this to see if he can get people to "reason with him" according to Paul okoye of Psquare.

My dear, Education is very very important.

If a larger number of Nigerians were educated..... honestly, we won't be in this social,economic and political mess.

Please embrace education, preach it to all...... education is good. No Alternative.

If the OP wasn't educated.....we won't be talking about this thread.

Plz OP appreciate the benefits you have derived from education and stop depriving our younger generation from benefiting too.

Take care!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.