Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,489 members, 7,770,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:17 AM

As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (19575 Views)

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / My Life As A Teacher. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by JABAIDO(m): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
I teach 11 subjects and I earn 15k monthly

[Breakdown of the subjects]
I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

As a teacher, what's your workload and pay range?

PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....
If not for that, it's not deemed fit to be reviewed....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Kingsasian(m): 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2021
I just teach primary 5 and 6 mathematics. Pay is 57k

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by oazeez1991(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hmmm! Bro, don't be too comfortable with such outrageous pay. Try use your free time to learn Digital Skill, after you might have master one, you can then be on the lookout for a better option. Wish you all the best.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by JABAIDO(m): 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kingsasian:
I just teach primary 5 and 6 mathematics. Pay is 57k
Woah shocked.
Really enticing
Probably in one of these big states, right?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by JABAIDO(m): 8:31pm On Sep 08, 2021
oazeez1991:
Hmmm! Bro, don't be too comfortable with such outrageous pay. Try use your free time to learn Digital Skill, after you might have master one, you can then be on the lookout for a better option. If you are interested and got data to spare, chat me up via WhatsApp (check my sig) for a free Digital Skill Course. Just look for one you have flare and interest for. Wish you all the best.
Boss, thanks for your reply.
I already learnt Graphics Designing, but job has not been forthcoming.
I'll contact you ASAP

6 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Casan0va: 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
oazeez1991:
Hmmm! Bro, don't be too comfortable with such outrageous pay. Try use your free time to learn Digital Skill, after you might have master one, you can then be on the lookout for a better option. If you are interested and got data to spare, chat me up via WhatsApp (check my sig) for a free Digital Skill Course. Just look for one you have flare and interest for. Wish you all the best.

Wtf, where's the outrageous pay?

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Casan0va: 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
JABAIDO:

I teach Primary 3 and 4 students Mathematics and I teach JSS 1 to JSS 3 Maths, ICT and BST.

The relief for a while now is that after the JSS 3 students concluded their state exams, they haven't been coming to school.

As a teacher, what's your workload and pay range?

PS: I took advantage of a situation to request for an increase last month and 2k was added.....

We were made to believe slavery was abolished. Wow.
11 subjects and 15k monthly. Does it even cover your transport and feeding alone

Wtf

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by JABAIDO(m): 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2021
Casan0va:

We were made to believe slavery was abolished. Wow.
11 subjects and 15k monthly. Does it even cover your transport and feeding alone

Wtf
Casan0va:

Wtf, where's the outrageous pay?
Lol
Boss, what's your definition of outrageous?
Oh. I get what you mean now...
I don leave house wey I rent to stay with my parents fr now to at least reduce expensesgrin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Casan0va: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
JABAIDO:

Lol
Boss, what's your definition of outrageous?
I
Outrageous to me is something that can cover your running expenses for the month with excess left over that you can save/invest at least 40% from
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by JABAIDO(m): 9:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
Casan0va:

I
Outrageous to me is something that can cover your running expenses for the month with excess left over that you can save/invest at least 40% from
Hmm
I shall get there and beyond... cry

3 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2021
Without teachers we won't know anything
Thanks to all teachers outside there

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
How can you teach 11 subjects for 15k? Are you normal?

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Amspecial: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
cheesy
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
Work as an online Teacher.

Earns BTW $3000 to $7000 monthly.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
No be juju be that
11 subjects after complaints 2k I mean 2k was added.
Some private schools no go make heaven I swear.
Advice: if you are really sound in the subjects you are teaching , just organize lesson with the pupils and make sure you compel their parents on that.
No let your proprietor no about am ooh
When you don gain ground for the lesson just japa for the school.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by iamyemiakins(m): 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
JABAIDO:

Why do we have so many heartless school proprietors in this country sef!

11 subjects, 15k shocked

19 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by money121(m): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ok
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by abobote: 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
Can someone choose to be a teacher in this present day Nigeria or just condition. My friend that is a teacher is always complaining of no payment, but the annoying thing about him, is the way he supports Hope uzodimma and Buhari

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nikkganc08(m): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2021

36 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by ahmedio2017(m): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
oazeez1991:

Pls your WhatsApp number sir
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by RPG2020(m): 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
oazeez1991:

Bro I'm interested please inbox me your contact
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Noblewealth(m): 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
Most especially those ones (schools) that claim bristish and Nigeria curriculum their workload is more than a factory worker.. I take 3 classes yr 3,4,5 English, literature and the pay is just 30k..

7 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by BrainSanitizer: 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hmmmmmmm
Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by mrksquare: 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
The workload isn't much. Teach Just two classes : SS3 and SS2 Financial Accounting and earn above 100k. By next year I should be on level 12 if the insensitive Wike-led Government will elect to promote workers. I've been stagnant for 9years on same level.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Issues40(m): 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
My girl earns 55k at the school where she works. She takes senior classes Government and Civic education

8 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by papiwyte(m): 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
Walahi teaching work no get level for naija

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
The only time I taught was during my service year

3 Likes

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by Mekanus(m): 9:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
11 subjects for 15k. This life no balance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? by notmyrealmonika: 9:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
It's not the number of subject that matters but the number of periods. You may be teaching 2 subjectsb but 34 periods in a week and 7 subjects with 15 periods a week.. Many private schools are modern slavery.. Excepth some missionary schools.. I think Catholic mission has the best reputation among them.....

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD “ACCA PAST EXAMS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS” @ ₦0.00 / Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here / 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.