Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,709 members, 7,862,244 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:09 PM

The Nigerian Media Is Playing You. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Media Is Playing You. (592 Views)

Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) / GEJ Is Playing Politics With Amaechi – Okupe / Nigerian Media Hail ''Infrastructural Boom'' In The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Media Is Playing You. by Ikengawo: 3:24am On Aug 13, 2010
The nigerian media is exploiting the cluelessness of the general populace concerning national affairs.

my best example is the zoning issue.

THERE. WILL. BE. NO. ZONING.

Jonathan is going to run on the PDP ticket. The people that are calling for zoning have no say in the manner no matter how 'powerful' the nigerian media is trying to make them out to be. they are fringe conservatives that are out of touch and to tell you the true out of influence. The 5 or so northerners calling for it have nothing to do with the general northern populace, their opinion and the power structure in the pdp. my family works in the PDP, trust me.

So to milk an 'interesting story' and sell more papers the media is making it look like there's an enduring struggle over zoning and that goodluck's fate is in the balance when the man has already began campaigning.

they did this with the whole 'cabal' situation. Turai Yar Adua wasn't running nigeria. but it was an 'interesting story' so they spun and exaggerated it. the woman just didn't want anyone to see her husband, simple as that, things worked as they should and though there was confusion, there was no secert cabal running the country because if you follow the story, everything the listed members of the cabal wanted to happen and announced they wanted to happen public didn't happen.

the nigerian media plays on misunderstanding and lack of insight to sell copies and i dont want anyone i can possibly reach to fall for it anymore because it's dangerous and is killing even America.

when you see stories that say "the north want" and "igbos want" dismiss them.
no sole person or group is speaking for these enormous, highly qualified and now highly educated peoples anymore. Igbo opinions vary like Yoruba and Hausa ones. "The north" doesn't want zoning, the north is a geographical expression that is incapable of 'wanting' because it's not a human being. There are PEOPLE in the THE NORTH that want zoning, as there are PEOPLE in the EAST that want zoning, but homogeneous wants and needs based on ethnicity are no longer the order of the day.

Nigeria has changed drastically. We are becoming a modern individualized people, don't let our media tell you otherwise until they follow our example.
Re: The Nigerian Media Is Playing You. by paddylo1(m): 3:48am On Aug 13, 2010
@ikengawo

welcome back homie. . where have u been. . . cool
Re: The Nigerian Media Is Playing You. by Ikengawo: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2010
i went to SCC as GeeohDee! ahahahah!

they ban that account for life as well as my original one.
Re: The Nigerian Media Is Playing You. by Adonike(m): 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2010
Ur post is outrightly right!
Re: The Nigerian Media Is Playing You. by paddylo1(m): 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2010
i went to SCC as GeeohDee! ahahahah!

they ban that account for life as well as my original one.

Kinda suspected u were GEE OH DEE. . But i swear those OASIS MFERS Need to be slapped down or something

u gotta come back though. . .

on point write-up by the way
Re: The Nigerian Media Is Playing You. by Ikengawo: 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2010
lol thanks, i probably will soon cause i like getting news about nigerian development news from the site but that egypt guy has serious problems with nigerian people, as does the entire site, but his is unreal.

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Kill 5 Cops In Abia / The Golden Jubilee Budget Breakdown / Ibb: Independence Bomb Blast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.