Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town (12560 Views)

Hundreds Flee Homes As ISWAP Overpowers Army In Borno Town - Daily Trust / This General Said He Prevented Boko Haram From Entering Lagos (photo) / Boko Haram Attacking Jakana, Borno Town - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by Gkemz: 7:20am On Jan 16, 2019
By the script, technical defeated but in the reality has lost the battle against boko haram.
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by dingbang(m): 7:20am On Jan 16, 2019
post=74805755:

Brb for y'all.......
mai friend shift
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by benswagtt(m): 7:23am On Jan 16, 2019
Lamb101:
All those who have chosen to undermine their efforts, let me ask you...

Do you know what it means to engage in a gun fight?

We're talking about life and death here.

Blame the corrupt government who refuse to provide them high grade ammunition.

To be a soldier is not a days Job.

Same people when their love ones join will be disturbing them with calls 2 come back home. if they really know what a gun fight is, they wouldn't be saying trash around
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by Alexrayz(m): 7:25am On Jan 16, 2019
Adiola:
I don't believe this news

But u will believe 100 thousand dies in boko haram attack
Continue getting orgasms on bad news u think u far from reach
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by Buterflyle0: 7:27am On Jan 16, 2019
kokosin:
Nobody believe the military any more in Borno state. I was in RANN and I can tell u first hand.....military.

Liar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28am On Jan 16, 2019
Alexrayz:

But u will believe 100 thousand dies in boko haram attack
Continue getting orgasms on bad news u think u far from reach
God bless you for this apt reply to that child of hate.
They are just so pathetic.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by smokers: 7:30am On Jan 16, 2019
Offpoint:
I wonder when this claimed and reclaimed game of cat and mouse will end.

I think the federal government should evacuate all the sane people in the north to southwest and nuke the north.

I'm honestly tired of reading about the northern war.

lol craziest thing i have read all year
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by PhilipGallagher(m): 7:31am On Jan 16, 2019
You take back a town without killing one single BHT. Basically the BHT attacked the area, looted and retreated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by Dollabiz: 7:34am On Jan 16, 2019
smiley
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by emrys2955: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2019
Indeed they are our heros not buhari and his father and mother in-law the devil
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by ensamy(m): 8:02am On Jan 16, 2019
Whether na true or na lie, God bless Nigerian soldiers. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by wink2015(m): 8:03am On Jan 16, 2019
Mrakeli:

Nigeria’s military recaptured the northeastern town of Rann yesterday after it was overrun by Islamic State West Africa (ISWA) insurgents a day earlier, weeks ahead of an election in which security has become a key campaign issue.

This is coming as the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said Monday evening attack on Rann by Boko Haram caused many to flee the town.

Nigerian government forces and residents fled during the ISWA attack as the militants set buildings ablaze, but troops fought back and regained control of Rann yesterday, agency reports quoted military and police sources as saying.

“Boko Haram invaded Rann at about 4 p.m (on Monday). The battle continued for about three hours. Our troops retreated and later returned to fight back,” said a soldier who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity.

President Muhammadu Buhari came to power in 2015 on promises to defeat the Boko Haram Islamist insurgency aimed at creating an Islamic state in the northeast.

ISWA, which split from Boko Haram in 2016, has launched a series of attacks in recent weeks, renewing debate about security in the run-up to elections on Feb. 16.

In December, ISWA took the town of Baga – the Nigerian headquarters of a multi-national force formed by Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon and Niger to fight the extremists – and more than 30,000 people fled.

The military launched a counter-offensive last week and retook the town, saying it had given ISWA a “bloody nose”.

Meanwhile, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said attack on Rann by Boko Haram caused many to flee the town.

A signed statement by the North East Zonal Coordinator of NEMA, Alhaji Saidu Minin said: “An attack in Rann, some 175 kilometres (110 miles) northeast of the Borno State capital, Maiduguri, forced civilians to flee.”

He said Rann was hosting around 35,000 internally displaced people (IDPs), according to the International Organisation for Migration.

He recalled that Rann had been repeatedly hit by insurgents attacks, which exacerbated the already dire humanitarian conditions on the ground. Minin said report revealed that the military base in the town was burnt by the terrorists, with locals and IDPs fleeing as the Islamist militants set fire on camps and shelters.

He said “aid workers in Maiduguri said colleagues in Rann blamed ISWAP for the raid and people fled towards Bulale, on the Cameroon side of the border.

“Four IDPs were allegedly killed. Several shelters were burned. They also looted food supplies in the town. Humanitarian operations in Rann were scaled down in March last year after an attack which killed three aid workers,” Minin said.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/01/16/nigerian-military-clears-boko-haram-from-borno-town/?amp

BOKO HARAM IS GIVING OUR "KOROFO SOLDIERS" FALSE BELIEF THAT THEY ARE SECURING VICTORY!

They will soon learn in a hard way that GUERILLA WAR is not ICE CREAM AND YORGHURT!
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by kingsmaila(m): 8:07am On Jan 16, 2019
PassingShot:
Kudos to Nigeria's military.

It's because of them some of us can sleep.
you are sensible not like some fools that celebrate whenever we lost a soldier fighting BH.
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by selfmade22: 8:19am On Jan 16, 2019
post=74805775:

You've said it all Chairmen.
It is very good to know that we still have some reasonable people like you around here.
There is hope for the future most definitely.
God bless you.
Keep up the good work brothers.
wen people talk say u no get work, i think say na joke
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by FATBAYO(m): 8:24am On Jan 16, 2019
If Nigerian army permanently secure Borno from BH attack many things are involved.....Chk our politicians
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by satp(m): 8:32am On Jan 16, 2019
God bless our military for fighting terrorism in our land. Sincerely, war is not easy so to speak.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by Ephraim998(m): 8:57am On Jan 16, 2019
I still strongly believe in Nigeria..am gon serve my father land
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by drlateef: 9:30am On Jan 16, 2019
goodnessme1:
you can not boost of clearing boko haram when there are still a living northern and yoruba muslim,because they all support boko haram directly or indirectly.

That's the madness in your head, cure it.
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by perdollar(m): 10:15am On Jan 16, 2019
d military only returned after bokoharam had left
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by CoolAmbience(m): 10:48am On Jan 16, 2019
Adiola:
I don't believe this news

Who cares!
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by kokosin: 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2019
post=74805755:

Brb for y'all.......

Modify:

You wake up every morning and rush to social media in search of bad news of this nation,
so that you will comment and share it among your friends and families.......
But when you see GOOD NEWS such as this, you pretend to be blind!
And every night you stay in one corner of your room praying to God to bless anything you lay your hands on in the same country 
Hmmmm!!! May God forgive and have mercy on you.
#When Nigeria become great, you will surely see this, BUT ..........

Mr Man u tried to be civil but I dare u to come to Maiduguri just Maiduguri town...I will personally lodge u in DUJIMA HOTEL or DESERT VIEW Hotel.Buy u beer in WOLF MESS or NAF MESS in circular road.....for ur information i have toured BAMA,DIKWA,MAFA,RANN,GAMBORU NGALA,GWOZA,PULKA,....so wen I say something I say the truth...GOD IS MY WITHNESS....Politics aside if u know how Nigerian army r been killed u will weep.
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by kokosin: 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
Buterflyle0:

Liar
if only u know me u will know I am not in the comfort of my room typing this.....
I would have shown u pixs and videos or start a thread on how archaic our military is and how they r been killed in Borno state with videos and pix...
Am not happy they r been killed but I would have love those ogas in defence HQ will hold this rusted AK47 to fight BH.
BH are more equipped now and their mode of attack and precise shooting is telling....
I. am with th UN SECURITY TEAM and I know wat I have seen.
Re: Nigerian Military Clears Boko Haram From Borno Town by Buterflyle0: 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
kokosin:
if only u know me u will know I am not in the comfort of my room typing this.....
I would have shown u pixs and videos or start a thread on how archaic our military is and how they r been killed in Borno state with videos and pix...
Am not happy they r been killed but I would have love those ogas in defence HQ will hold this rusted AK47 to fight BH.
BH are more equipped now and their mode of attack and precise shooting is telling....
I. am with th UN SECURITY TEAM and I know wat I have seen.

Liar

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Shoprite Closed Over Bomb Threat? / Court Stops NLC, TUC’s Tuesday strike / Animal Rights Abuse In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.