Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop (18110 Views)

Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook / Where To Buy A Refurbished Laptop? / How To Spot A Refurbished Laptop From A New Laptop When Shopping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2019
Buy items on jumia at your own peril, though my aunt got a very good washing machine from them. Na luck sha.
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by GrandMufti: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2019
jeeqaa7:
Jumia na middle man... Trace the seller

That is jumia's work

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by chloride6: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Jumia is wrong on this and was probably a deliberate stunt by the seller....

Take a deep breath, then read the post again

tongue

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by kufre2010: 8:00am On Jan 16, 2019
Voters inducement is an offence in electoral act why has the fake anti- corruption fighter refuse to do anything

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Lexusgs430: 8:00am On Jan 16, 2019
chloride6:

Take a deep breath, then read the post again

tongue

Let me type finish, before you quote..... I know say nah 5G you dey use, my own nah 2G..........
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by fabianiyobosa(m): 8:01am On Jan 16, 2019
The fact that you saw on HP website that the laptop was bought in 2018 does not mean it is refurbished Olof I. People buy laptops in bulk from HP and resell it for gains.

HP 15 laptop from HP is one of their most useless computers. The motherboard of those computers can fit into your palm conveniently.

I don’t think Jumia is at fault here. Count your loss.

2 Likes

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 16, 2019
you cant go to ikeja or look for where thry sell laptop abi
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by emrys2955: 8:01am On Jan 16, 2019
nawa woo. this jumia dy indulge in Africa way of Life abi. sha I no blame them we get scam president so how will they not sell scam product to us just to make everything match
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by justi4jesu(f): 8:05am On Jan 16, 2019
Next Time come to me and I will help you order the Laptop from the US to Lagos within that same 10 Days duration. wink

Check my Signature link for more info. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by tolani4real: 8:06am On Jan 16, 2019
kikio1992:
A Nigerian man, Odjugo Solace has lamented on Twitter after Jumia sold him a refurbished laptop in place of new.

Odjugo Solace took to the popular social media to reveal that he bought a ‘new’ laptop from the online store for almost N200k only to discover from the manufacturers that it was refurbished.

According to him, the battery and the fan of the laptop has stopped working, and on contacting Jumia, they said he has exceeded the 7 day return policy.

See his Tweet below;

Source; https://lailasnews.com/man-laments-after-jumia-sold-him-a-refurbished-laptop/

Warranty should not be an issue in your case since you didnt get what you paid for. You paid for brand new laptop but were given refurbished. You need to let them know this. Also you might need to file a complaint with Consumer Protection Council, include HP response in your complaint

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by chloride6: 8:06am On Jan 16, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Let me type finish, before you quote..... I know say nah 5G you dey use, my own nah 2G..........

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even for the abroad wey you dey ?
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Onechancearmy(m): 8:07am On Jan 16, 2019
How do you handle cases of food poisoning from people who are unfortunate enough to eat your rotten Suya meat?

post=74806981:
Haba! shocked
We need to get to the root of this matter.
We are aure JUMAI will respond to this before the close of business today.

Never judge a matter after listening to ONLY one part!
Only stupid people do that!
WORD!
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by chloride6: 8:07am On Jan 16, 2019
justi4jesu:
Next Time come to me and I will help you order the Laptop from the US to Lagos within that same 10 Days duration. wink

Check my Signature link for more info. grin

Then you will seize it and have the whole nairaland beg you because your staff gave him the wrong package..

2 Likes

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 16, 2019
I'm sorry!!

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by PotatoSalad(m): 8:12am On Jan 16, 2019
fabianiyobosa:
The fact that you saw on HP website that the laptop was bought in 2018 does not mean it is refurbished Olof I. People buy laptops in bulk from HP and resell it for gains.

HP 15 laptop from HP is one of their most useless computers. The motherboard of those computers can fit into your palm conveniently.

I don’t think Jumia is at fault here. Count your loss.
You well? Are you sure you're well at all

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Hotfreezer: 8:12am On Jan 16, 2019
Kingsleydr:

Jumia isn't konga. Jumia buy and resells konga does middle man

Wrong.

Jumia is a branded middle man apart from the fact that it buys and sells.

Jumia sells its branded cartons to merchants who use it to pack their goods for despatch and you think it's Jumia selling directly.

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Lexusgs430: 8:13am On Jan 16, 2019
chloride6:

Even for the abroad wey you dey ?

You sabi the way nah, you initially react to header. Go read story and edit original response.....

Abroad dey Palmgrove?....
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by PotatoSalad(m): 8:17am On Jan 16, 2019
There are certain items I can't buy online. Laptops, phones and clothes top the list.
If it's something that I need so bad that the only option is to buy online, I'd use Amazon. Shop on Jumia at your own peril.
Even buying from konga, once the item doesn't have any reviews, I'm not even buying
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Yewandequeen(f): 8:17am On Jan 16, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Wrong.

Jumia is a branded middle man apart from the fact that it buys and sells.

Jumia sells its branded cartons to merchants who use it to pack their goods for despatch and you think it's Jumia selling directly.

Pls tell him.

Jumia n Konga are marketplaces where sellers come and upload their goods for sale.

3 Likes

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Xisnin(m): 8:19am On Jan 16, 2019
Expired warranty doesn't mean the laptop is refurbished.

3 Likes

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by puplin(f): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2019
Kingsleydr:

Jumia isn't konga. Jumia buy and resells konga does middle man

Stop displaying your ignorance freely. Jumia & Konga both operate a marketplace model which means 90% of what they all are from vendors. On Jumia, your item is supplied by a vendor if your order number starts with MPDS.

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by mousco(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2019
Sue Junia to court
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Kingsleydr(m): 8:31am On Jan 16, 2019
puplin:

Stop displaying your ignorance freely. Jumia & Konga both operate a marketplace model which means 90% of what they all are from vendors. On Jumia, your item is supplied by a vendor if your order number starts with MPDS.

Lol I stand to be corrected boss lady.
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Hoodbilonia: 8:32am On Jan 16, 2019
baba return it shaps
jusy make sure u pack it the way it was given to u
jumia na scam
they tried such shit with me on polystar hifi
turned out it was fake and all.i threatened them. they refunded back my money within 24hrs.
i made sure i blasted the woofer till it sounded like say e wan tear..scammers
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by ikaboy: 8:34am On Jan 16, 2019
Tuned to this page later for details.
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Israellionel: 8:44am On Jan 16, 2019
Bought A Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Months Ago,
And The Price Was Slashed By 30%(Black Friday ISH).
Phone's Top Notch.
Maybe I'm Lucky.

But I Implore Buyers To Get Products that Have The "Jumia Express" Badge,
Cos They Have Quality Assurance And Are Checked By Jumia And Put In Their Warehouses.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by justi4jesu(f): 8:53am On Jan 16, 2019
chloride6:

Then you will seize it and have the whole nairaland beg you because your staff gave him the wrong package..

Yes in that way, distributing sense to people that have none. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Stephendeals: 8:54am On Jan 16, 2019
For New Authentic OEM Computers and Printers with Manufacturers warranty contact Stephendeals grin grin grin...

Check Signature

Thanks
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Ayods: 9:00am On Jan 16, 2019
Its a huge risk/mistake shopping on jumia.In June last year I purchased a substandard 65" smart tv from jumia which i promptly returned within two days but jumia refused to either replace it or refund my money(N295k).I had to report the case to the consumer protection council(CPC),LCCI and the police.I also hired a lawyer to engage jumia.Needless to say this process cost me a tidy sum as it dragged on for months with jumia criminally refusing to do the needful.After 4 months the police were able to force their hand to replace the bad product

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Ayods: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2019
It was a bitter lesson in shopping online in this country.I discovered that jumia is just another cowboy company set up to grab all they can and rip off unsuspecting persons.Below the corporate facade is a bunch of hardened survivors!

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by mechanics(m): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2019
It's better one buys it in a plaza where it be verified and tested.
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Andy2274: 9:08am On Jan 16, 2019
Jumia and fake things are twin brothers. I remember buying Blackberry curve 7 and power bank from them that year. The power bank only work for 3 days and after one month that blackberry just went blind and stopped working.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Urgent! I Formatted My Laptop! Can I Ever Recover The Files?! / Browse And Download With MTN Simple Server For PC / Windows 11 Android Apps: Everything You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.