Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop (18405 Views)

Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook / Where To Buy A Refurbished Laptop? / How To Spot A Refurbished Laptop From A New Laptop When Shopping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Jaqenhghar: 9:08am On Jan 16, 2019
DauraIsAGoal:
Go to a proper shop next time
Once its electronics. I go to a shop. Authorized dealer.

2 Likes

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by seunH: 9:17am On Jan 16, 2019
I guess they are all scammers, that was how I bought a brand new HP laptop from Konga, on receiving it, I realized that the specifications I requested for wasn't what was delivered but I ignored it and decided to use it like that, only for me to realize that I couldn't adjust the brightness and most importantly I realized the laptop DIDN'T have a graphic card. When I contacted Konga they linked me to the seller and the seller was trying to buy time (after 7 days, you can't easily return it because Konga would have released his money to him) by telling me that it was a general problem from HP and would be rectified soon. It was when I called HP Office in Lagos and Abuja before I realized it was a lie!!!. When I insisted on returning the system, I discovered the possibility of a conspiracy between some staffs of konga and the sellers, because rather than encouraging me to return it despite all the glaring evidences I showed to them, they were still trying to tell me to talk to the seller if we can work something out (someone whom they ought to punish). After much wahala and after approximately 2 weeks, I got my refund and I vowed never to buy any electronics on Konga because I believe: What is the purpose of your platform if you can't do diligent quality assurance. Funnily enough it would be resold to another innocent person and the cycle would continue till it gets to the "last maga"

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by robinsoncrosoe: 9:21am On Jan 16, 2019
Wow

I created a thread yesterday about criminal online dealers and was advising people to go to companies like jumia and konga to buy things

For me now,the best way is to go to a shop and pick what you want

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by loganx: 9:40am On Jan 16, 2019
This is the simple reason online business in Nigeria will never thrive. the potential is huge, the market is big, targeted consumers within a pool of over 100 million. the distrust is unbelievable. i will rather buy a product on amazon, pay before delivery than buy a product on jumia and pay on delivery. the level of scam is overwhelming.
can we jointly support this young man and take Jumia to court for breach of contract due to falsification.
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by 9inches(m): 10:21am On Jan 16, 2019
Valerie47:
Buy items on jumia at your own peril, though my aunt got a very good washing machine from them. Na luck sha.
I've been buying stuff on jumia for 3 years now, no single disappointment yet.

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by jimmyval5423(m): 10:28am On Jan 16, 2019
See question..
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by mrmachine: 10:30am On Jan 16, 2019
SoftP:
Jumia is known for selling fake devices..
I remembered when i bought iPhone 6plus from them #250,000. The phone went blind and dead in less than 2months.. That was the end of Solomon Grundy.
#faceless criminals

Jumia is very fraudulent. I ordered for a bag for my wife and when it was delivered, the zipper was not good. I complained and when they replaced it , it was still the same bag they used shoemaker hook to sow another very bad low quality one. Also I ordered for washing machine, they sent me a wrong one. I complained and they promised to replace it. The guy that was to pick it up told me his vehicle is not good. That he has told jumia to send another vehicle only to see a message from jumia that return request has been cancelled because I have not been reachable for about 48hrs according to their driver also. They are not trustworthy
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by kamez(m): 10:32am On Jan 16, 2019
I'm so tempted to call the guy an idiot......

u carry 188k go buy laptop online and it even took u 10 days to receive.. when u could have just walked straight into a computer store in your state and purchased the same device and start using it immediately plus the peace of mind you will get knowing that there is someone u can hold responsible if the laptops suddenly has any issues...

i can only purchase stuff from. Jumia if and only if I can't find that commodity in my state of residence

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by delgroveng(m): 10:43am On Jan 16, 2019
There is nothing wrong shopping on Jumia

There are many sellers on Jumia which is not a curse but has now become the problem.

Many of the items sellers on Jumia are selling, are total write off, quality-wise.

Aside electronics, many other items although cheap but equally come in very inferior quality.

They have left Trends, Merchandising to illiterates, to people whom have never even enjoyed average living. What do u expect to bring online to sell to a customer in Abuja or Lekki. So look harder for shops with quality level of 100% and you will have no problem shopping on Jumia
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by chawtinz(m): 10:56am On Jan 16, 2019
ManTiger:
Jumia is a piece of shit, patronise them at your own peril.
Aswear I Will Neva make that mistake again... not in this lifetime. Jumia una bye bye

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by degab148(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2019
Jumia and fraud are 5 & 6. I saw a tower fan on their site and placed order, to pay on delivery. After like 3 weeks, their agent called me that he was in front of my office, when i asked him to lemme see and confirm it's d exact fan i saw online, he insisted i pay first, when i got to my seat and opened it, i was shocked what i saw, i placed the fan beside my laptop, u won't believe my laptop screen is taller than the so called tower fan...
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by carlos1(m): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2019
I don't know if it's laziness or that there are no shops around u to get laptop or what? Abi u wan form posh as per online buyer Ntoor gi

Wetin concern me

1 Share

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by larryking540: 11:24am On Jan 16, 2019
Cloths, phones, electronics and accessories, ,,i don't even dare buy anyone online, ,,just go to a mall or a shop even if d price is x2
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2019
mousco:
Sue Junia to court

Jumia will be happy seeing this grin grin
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:51am On Jan 16, 2019
degab148:
Jumia and fraud are 5 & 6. I saw a tower fan on their site and placed order, to pay on delivery. After like 3 weeks, their agent called me that he was in front of my office, when i asked him to lemme see and confirm it's d exact fan i saw online, he insisted i pay first, when i got to my seat and opened it, i was shocked what i saw, i placed the fan beside my laptop, u won't believe my laptop screen is taller than the so called tower fan...

grin grin grin D grin grin D grin grin. Hahahahahahahahahaha. Am almost rolling on the floor. Tower indeed.

Am a vendor on jumia and very realistic and sincere. Dunno why others behave the other way.
# Another problem is that jumia and other site request for 3d images instead of the actual image so people give them the 3d or studio images and supply the real stuff in 1D. cool
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Cherez: 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
Same happened to me last year. I have since stopped buying from Jumia, those guys are not trying at all
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Sleekfingers: 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2019
I have stopped buying things from jumia and konga.... I have wasted thousands of naira...

Highly disappointed
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
Some Nigerians are dumb.

Manufacturer warranties or service repair options can be extended or renewed.

He bought a system with limited warranties of just 6months. This in fact does not mean the system is fake or refurbished but that in the advent that it gets any defect that is covered by warranty he may have to pay out of pocket to fix it.

Too many literate but ignorant peeps.
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by puplin(f): 4:04pm On Feb 23, 2019
God bless you. Please tell them
johnny1980:
Some Nigerians are dumb.

He bought a system with limited warranties of just 6months. This in fact does not mean the system is fake or refurbished but that in the advent that it gets any defect that is covered by warranty he may have to pay out of pocket to fix it.

Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by puplin(f): 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2019
Which year did this happen? I don't know Jumia to offer replacement as an instant option.
mrmachine:

Jumia is very fraudulent. I ordered for a bag for my wife and when it was delivered, the zipper was not good. I complained and when they replaced it , it was still the same bag they used shoemaker hook to sow another very bad low quality one. Also I ordered for washing machine, they sent me a wrong one. I complained and they promised to replace it. The guy that was to pick it up told me his vehicle is not good. That he has told jumia to send another vehicle only to see a message from jumia that return request has been cancelled because I have not been reachable for about 48hrs according to their driver also. They are not trustworthy
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 23, 2019
johnny1980:
Some Nigerians are dumb.

Mr English teacher, as u sabi book reach, u for they work for govt house na..... people are here complaning on how this so called jumia are dealing with them and u carry this ur big head like coconut own come dey talk trash here.... abeg shift aside make person see road...... ode
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 23, 2019
if 5 people can testify bad result abt jumia then are they lying or what. definitely jumia is a scam because be it middle man or not, they should check the product b4 sending to thier customer since the customeris buying on thier names and not some dam vendors. Jumia has the right to check every product and make sure it's 100% safe b4 selling it out...at least the money is going to them first b4 reaching the so called vendors so definitely jumia has some discount they acquire on every sales....
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 23, 2019
Mosesotu123:
Mr English teacher, as u sabi book reach, u for they work for govt house na..... people are here complaning on how this so called jumia are dealing with them and u carry this ur big head like coconut own come dey talk trash here.... abeg shift aside make person see road...... ode

You see why you can't progress?

Basic education you lack. No wonder you buy things without common sense.

If you don't even understand your left from right how then do you fight for your right? You can open a thread to complain about jumia services but not all of us are like headless cows who follow things with sentiments. There is difference between buying a fake product and a product with expired warranties.

Warranties are things that can be bought even after years of purchase. They can be extended for more time of use based on the manufacturers policies.

Mercedes Benz gives a 10,000km/3 year warranty. If you bought a Benz from a dealer who has had it in the showroom from 2016 and have an expired warranty. Does that mean the Benz you bought is fake and counterfeit?

Use your brain.
So run along and go play with your mates.
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 23, 2019
and again, people who buy tinz online are not fools... not every shops in ur state has the required specification of what u need... u might find a laptop online on jumia with the exact spec u want and mayb u av bin searching for such in ur state and couldn't find. so i see nothing bad buying online.. na jumia just dy scam people, online business is good to me.... even shops self they scam people... go fall for igbo igbo hands na then u go know say shops self na scam.. carry police go walia them go extort u pass wetin u buy from the shop.... u will hear tinz like..."Oga u go drop 5k for petrol o and u go pay 3k for statement and so on..... police are scam too. lol
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2019
johnny1980:

You see why you can't progress?

Basic education you lack. No wonder you buy things without common sense.

If you don't even understand your left from right how then do you fight for your right? You can open a thread to complain about jumia services but not all of us are like headless cows who follow things with sentiments. There is difference between buying a fake product and a product with expired warranties.

Warranties are things that can be bought even after years of purchase. They can be extended for more time of use based on the manufacturers policies.

So run along and go play with your mates.
warranty or not,jumia has no right to treat him like this... someone who hasn't receive what he paid for nd warranty start counting.... nawa o....
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2019
this isn't abt warranty oga teacher, was it warranty the guy paid for or what are u even saying..... he said battery dead and fan misbehaving nd u are here saying warranty..... why would jumia gave him something he never ordered for... lalastica
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 23, 2019
Mosesotu123:
warranty or not,jumia has no right to treat him like this... someone who hasn't receive what he paid for nd warranty start counting.... nawa o....

You seem not to understand how warranties work.

Warranties come from the factory. If Jumia should buy goods from HP and the date of purchase is January 2019. Warranties start from the day you got the delivery from the Manufacturer. If Jumia sells it after a year then the only thing you can request from Jumia is for them to extend the warranty period by buying the extended one year package. Is Jumia wrong not to extend it for him? Yes. But did he even ask for that? No.

So exactly what this guy should be fighting for but in his ignorance he is posting online and shouting fake fake . That would not win you an argument. We Nigerians think people who shout the most are winners of arguments. You can only win if your facts are right which here the guy has got it completely wrong.
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 23, 2019
johnny1980:

You seem not to understand how warranties work.

Warranties come from the factory. If Jumia should buy goods from HP and the date of purchase is January 2019. Warranties start from the day you got the delivery from the Manufacturer. If Jumia sells it after a year then the only thing you can request from Jumia is for them to extend the warranty period by buying the extended one year package. Is Jumia wrong not to extend it for him? Yes. But did he even ask for that? No.

So exactly what this guy should be fighting for but in his ignorance he is posting online and shouting fake fake . That would not win you an argument. We Nigerians think people who shout the most are winners of arguments. You can only win if your facts are right which here the guy has got it completely wrong.
Tor, Oga laptop man, u hear so.. call jumia and do the right tin unless ur money don cast or u buy anoda laptop from them again.... lol
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by shogsman(m): 3:37am On Feb 25, 2019
Bought more than 7 phones from then, no complains whatsoever.different strokes for different folks sha
Re: Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop by greatstephenho(m): 8:47am On Feb 25, 2019
robinsoncrosoe:
Wow

I created a thread yesterday about criminal online dealers and was advising people to go to companies like jumia and konga to buy things

For me now,the best way is to go to a shop and pick what you want
. It take the grace of God to be a good online seller ,my girlfriend bought clothes online thinking everyone is like her boyfriend who does business with a Christain heart.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HP Elitebook 840 G1 Intel Corei5 500gb 4gb RAM / Internet Speed Rank In Africa; Ghana 1st & Nigeria 9th / Bibles For Easyworship 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.