Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? (3576 Views)

He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by yummy(m): 10:50am On Jan 11, 2006
as African, we all know what it means to marry a girl that's richer than the man . Guys, can you marry a girl richer than you? Girls, if you're richer than your man, do you think he would still have your respect? Cook for him and so on. undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by damygurl(f): 1:20am On Jan 13, 2006
it's not a sin for a gurl to have more money dan the husband and i don't see anything wrong with it. Nigeria really needs a wake up call if peeps still think like dat.
All dat cooking, taking care of d kids been d womens job is not in my dictionary. we all gon do everything together. Money is not a biggie to me and i'm not gon feel i'm better dan somebody just cuz i got more money than them.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by hotangel2(f): 1:29am On Jan 13, 2006
Of course i can marry a man that's not as rich as i am. I will respect him, but the day he makes me soo mad.. "he'll regret being poor". smiley j/k (but there's a lil bit of truth in that *coughs*).

And if i marry a man that's not as rich as i am.. we must a sign a prenup.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by buckeye(m): 1:38am On Jan 13, 2006
mehn! thats a hard question but why not?  i can marry a girl richer than me, for as long as i am making my own money and i dont depend on her for anything. other than that its a problem oo.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by yummy(m): 2:33am On Jan 13, 2006
if you have to think about it properly, it's not easy for an African to cope in such situation. yes you work and you get some money but then your wife wants much expensive stuff since she's richer and you perfer less expensive stuff since there's no much money to waste. she won't want to agree with you most times. believe me. she would do some stuff sometimes and you'll feel like you're the woman.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by ghettochyk(f): 2:40am On Jan 13, 2006
i wouldn't marrying a guy i'm richer than. if i wuz a guy though, sad i don't know about that!
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by buckeye(m): 2:41am On Jan 13, 2006
it depends on the kind of girl, i understand what u are talking about though.....i seen gurls that take advantage og their guys like that, but i dont really put my mind on some s**ts like that......thatss why iam working hard to be succesful as i want to be. if theres love the rest is nothing.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by ghettochyk(f): 2:41am On Jan 13, 2006
ghettochyk:

i wouldn't marrying a guy i'm richer than. if i wuz a guy though, sad i don't know about that!

my bad. i meant to write " i won't mind marrying a guy i'm richer than.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by ghettochyk(f): 2:42am On Jan 13, 2006
maybe.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by yummy(m): 2:45am On Jan 13, 2006
ghettochyk:

my bad. i meant to write " i won't mind marrying a guy i'm richer than.
yes most girls won't mind, but as for me 'guy' i can't! even if the love is over-flowing. it's when u get married that she would start after some time.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by ghettochyk(f): 2:49am On Jan 13, 2006
yeah, if i was a guy, i would feel inferior to my wife, like i can't really do much, since she was doing good without me in the first place. embarassed
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by damygurl(f): 3:39am On Jan 13, 2006
marriage is a joint partnership. she got a better job paying more dan ur job does dats no bigie to me. yea i know d bible said d husband is d head of d family i ain't denying all dat but i don't think d gurl having more money should stop anybody from getting married if they love d person cuz dats just absurd.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by Olorididan(m): 5:16am On Jan 13, 2006
NNA.... SOMEBODY GET TO HELP SHOW AM HOW TO BLOW THE DOUGH NA! grin
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by larger20(m): 4:30pm On Jan 13, 2006
I can marry a girl richer than myself..money is not everything. In a relationship, each couple bring something unique and intresting..maybe she got the money, i got the big stuff under my pants and last very long, she might be shy talker, I may be the opposite and when all this combined together it makes a perfect couple...

When conflicts arises in the family...it can always be resolved is the couple can uniquely admire these qualities they have for each other....without think what will happen to him or her without me.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by otokx(m): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2006
i guess i could but until then
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by dejiolowe: 8:46am On Jan 16, 2006
why not? I will just sit back and let her spoil me silly... then may be ask for divorce one day and I will be come RICH!
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by yummy(m): 2:18pm On Jan 16, 2006
grin very bad brother
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by damygurl(f): 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2006
dejiolowe:

why not? I will just sit back and let her spoil me silly... then may be ask for divorce one day and I will be come RICH!
nice fantasy cept for in diz world of today where there is evil and lies everywhere i know she gon get a prenup so u gon be as broke as a church mouse when u divorce her.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by idiot(m): 3:08am On Mar 09, 2006
w00t? Those are the best kind!
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by eveseh(f): 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2006
if the love is there,u can
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by afrowelsh: 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2007
i can marry a girl like that, but it is not easy.at the beginning she might promise to be a good girl but as time goes on things are likely to change.it is better for a guy to marry someone u are richer than. that way,things will be balanced
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by desodgi(m): 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2007
goodluck pal.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by papi22(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2007
i no know why my message no goshow this area. but my guy if your girl richer thanyou is not a barrier. i think god don butter your bread from heaven or can i say you don work for heaven you come collect money in this world. i beg enjoy your life to the fullest. but dont betray the trust the have in you
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by oreofemi(f): 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2007
It all depends on the love they have for each other , when a guy marry a girl that is richer than him , it all means nothing ,buttttttt the guy must be careful so that he wont get dumb by the girl.that is all i can say.
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by Atk1nson(m): 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2010
No, except shes a white lady. *I think I'm starting to be MOBOish*
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by RuuDie(m): 12:57am On Nov 15, 2010
@ topic

Gleefully!

grin
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by chidarlus(m): 10:23pm On May 10, 2016
hotangel2:
Of course i can marry a man that's not as rich as i am. I will respect him, but the day he makes me soo mad.. "he'll regret being poor". smiley j/k (but there's a lil bit of truth in that *coughs*).

And if i marry a man that's not as rich as i am.. we must a sign a prenup.
sis u harsh oooo!!!...prenup..
Re: Can You Marry A Girl That's Richer Than You? by chuckichukwuka(m): 11:16pm On May 10, 2016
I can't and will never marry a woman richer than me God created Adam the head so I should be the head but financial and otherwise

(1) (Reply)

. / Tomboy, A New Naija Swag For Girls / My Friend's Boyfriend Says She's Not Woman Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.