Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected (1163 Views)

Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP / Atiku Vows To Fight Insecurity, Slams APC / I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by kcub: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2019
Atiku vows to reduce federal government work force if elected[/size][size=8pt]

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar has vowed to reduce the work force of the Federal Government if elected President on 16 February 2019.

Atiku said he will reduce the federal government’s staff force drastically as part of his plans to restructure Nigeria if voted into office. This however is in complete contrast with previous campaign promises of creating jobs for Nigerians.

Atiku made the vow in Lagos at a conference themed: Getting Nigeria’s Economy Working: A Pragmatic Approach.

Atiku who is contesting alongside Peter Obi, a former governor of Anambra state had previously promised to create 10 million jobs a year.

“I will reduce the size of the federal government completely. I support restructuring and we will liberalize several sectors of the economy,” he said on his Twitter account using the hashtag #AtikuMeetsBusinessCommunity.

“I don’t believe in giving people jobs which they don’t know how to do. I cannot hire anybody I cannot learn from,” he added, clearly insinuating that he does not have plans for unskilled or semi-skilled workers.

Atiku also stated that his companies employ between 40,000 to 50,000 workers, a far reduction from the claim that he had previously made that he has over 100,000 workers in his various companies.

On social media, Nigerians are reacting strongly albeit differently to the conflicting promises of Atiku who served as Vice President for eight years during the administration of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo from 1999-2007.
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by casualobserver2: 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2019
So many people won't like this, but that is the major way to reduce recurring expenditure.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by Corrinthians(m): 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
casualobserver2:
So many people won't like this, but that is the major way to reduce recurring expenditure.
When you retrench them, where do you plan to reabsorb them?

The BEST WAY to reduce recurrent expenditure is drastically cutting down on the allowances of public officials, right from the president to the least councillor!

Any other nonsense is simply a wild goose chase.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by Hadone(m): 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
The condition says it all. "IF ELECTED"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by casualobserver2: 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
Corrinthians:
When you retrench them, where do you plan to reabsorb them?

The BEST WAY to reduce recurrent expenditure is drastically cutting down on the allowances of public officials, right from the president to the least councillor!

Any other nonsense is simply a wild goose chase.

That is a very good point. I accept your view. One Senator is paid about as much as 100 workers.
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by Corrinthians(m): 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
casualobserver2:

That is a very good point. I accept your view. One Senator is paid about as much as 100 workers.
That's the point. From the presidency down to the wards, these guys are bleeding the system to death.

What irks me the most is their convoy! I mean, what do they need all those cars for? It is just sheer wickedness. Imagine the opportunity cost of their extravagance.

Just appalling.
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by EmirOfYorubaLand: 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2019
Corrinthians:
That's the point. From the presidency down to the wards, these guys are bleeding the system to death.

What irks me the most is their convoy! I mean, what do they need all those cars for? It is just sheer wickedness. Imagine the opportunity cost of their extravagance.

Just appalling.

only the legislature can reduce their own salary
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by yrex01(m): 4:15pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hadone:
The condition says it all. "IF ELECTED"
and d bitter truth is, he can't b elected !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by MetaPhysical: 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2019
kcub:
Atiku vows to reduce federal government work force if elected[/size][size=8pt]

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar has vowed to reduce the work force of the Federal Government if elected President on 16 February 2019.

Atiku said he will reduce the federal government’s staff force drastically as part of his plans to restructure Nigeria if voted into office. This however is in complete contrast with previous campaign promises of creating jobs for Nigerians.

Atiku made the vow in Lagos at a conference themed: Getting Nigeria’s Economy Working: A Pragmatic Approach.

Atiku who is contesting alongside Peter Obi, a former governor of Anambra state had previously promised to create 10 million jobs a year.

“I will reduce the size of the federal government completely. I support restructuring and we will liberalize several sectors of the economy,” he said on his Twitter account using the hashtag #AtikuMeetsBusinessCommunity.

“I don’t believe in giving people jobs which they don’t know how to do. I cannot hire anybody I cannot learn from,” he added, clearly insinuating that he does not have plans for unskilled or semi-skilled workers.

Atiku also stated that his companies employ between 40,000 to 50,000 workers, a far reduction from the claim that he had previously made that he has over 100,000 workers in his various companies.

On social media, Nigerians are reacting strongly albeit differently to the conflicting promises of Atiku who served as Vice President for eight years during the administration of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo from 1999-2007.

Hyper-desperation to get Presidency is driving Atiku nuts! He needs help!

He bloated his employed workforce initially, he has now reduced it by half. We still contest the new figure and we make claim that he does not have that many employees under his payroll. He is a habitual liar.

More revealing, he is saying one thing to his supporters, got in front of business owners and sing a different tune. He wants to reduce the size of civil service "completely". Where will the reduced workforce get a replacement job and income, in Atiku's companies? grin
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by Assurancee: 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2019
13 reasons why you shouldn’t vote for Atiku

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by MetaPhysical: 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2019
casualobserver2:

Where was his brain before when promising 10million jobs and saying nobody will loose their jobs under Atiku administration? Bottom line is there will be massive job loss under this man. grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by Engrduke: 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Where was his brain before when promising 10million jobs and saying nobody will loose their jobs under Atiku administration? Bottom line is there will be massive job loss under this man. grin
He has started fumbling even before the election.
Too early.
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by seunmsg(m): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2019
casualobserver2:

He will sack workers, reduce recurrent expenditure and then steal the money that was saved from the retrenchment exercise. He did same to Nitel, Nigeria Airways and others when he was chairman of National council on privatization. It took the intervention of Buhari to pay the pension and retirement benefits of those retrenched workers. This same rubbish is what you guys want to bring upon Federal workers all over again. Trust me, you and your Atiku will not succeed.
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by sammy99(m): 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2019
this is one visible and possible ways to get nigeria working again.

We need to cut cost.
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by SaiAtikuTill203: 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2019
Everybody shld go to the poll and choose their leader in 2019.. Whatever happens eventually, we accept it? Sell your vote to highest bidder, enjoy the moment.. But remember, their is a price to pay
Some of the prices we are paying for our indecision in 2015 includes:
Recession
Hunger
Inflation
Fuel hike
Insecurity
Kidnapping
Bandits
Fulani Herdsmen
Marginalization
Unemployment
Poor education
Bad governance
Harassment
Lawlessness
Unlawful detention
Nepotism
Corruption
Homelessness
Depression
Today, basic things in the market, are not affordable. Kerosene, gas, rice, beans etc are very expensive..
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by yomi96(m): 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2019
Fake news from a demented zombie

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Members Feared Dead At Their Polling Unit In Rivers - Photos / BREAKING: Atiku Calls Buhari / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Said Tribalism Is Not Our Problem In (nigeria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.