Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP (36820 Views)

‘I’m Not Moved By Your Tears’, Wike Slams Workers Protesting MD's Sack / Buhari’s Campaign Explains His Absence At Debate, Slams Atiku / I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Kwanza: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has reacted to the events that have unfolded in the aftermath of the presidential primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He spoke on Friday at the Port Harcourt International Airport in the Rivers State capital shortly after he returned from a foreign trip.

“I have decided to be quiet because PDP is a party I love so much,” said the governor during a briefing with reporters. “I have moved on to conclude my social contract with the people of Rivers. However, it is time to let Nigerians know the truth.”

Governor Wike faulted the speech by the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, on the day he unveiled Governor Ifeanyi Okowa as his running mate.

He also accused the former vice president of telling lies against him, as well as using some chieftains of the main opposition party to spread falsehood against his person.

The governor vowed to respond to both the party’s flagbearer and the party chieftains whom he described as Atiku’s ‘attack dogs’ one-by-one and line by line in due time.

He said posterity would not forgive him should he fail to set the record straight and promised to clear the air after the commissioning of the projects lined up for inauguration by the state government.

On the reconciliation committee set up by the PDP leadership, Governor Wike stated that former Vice President Atiku had yet to send any delegation to him.

He, however, said a former President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, met with him in Spain, although in his personal capacity.

According to the governor, the former vice president came to his house to beg for support but suddenly does not know the way to his house any longer.

He went on to challenge anyone to identify that he or she was sent by the PDP candidate to speak to him about the issue in the PDP and the aftermath of the party’s presidential primary.

Governor Wike who said the idea of setting up a committee was only being seen in the media, however, insisted that he would remain in the PDP and help rebuild the party.

“I am not a slave and will not be a slave. I am freeborn of the country,” he declared.

In the party’s presidential primary held in May, Atiku polled 371 votes to emerge as the PDP’s flagbearer ahead of Wike who scored 237 votes to come second in the contest.

Former Senate President Bukola Saraki (70); Akwa Ibom State Governor Udom Emmanuel (38), Bauchi State Governor Bala Mohammed (38), Former Senate President Pius Anyim (14), Mrs Tari Diana Oliver (One), and Mr Sam Ohuabunwa (1) shared the remainder of the valid votes.

Weeks after the primary was held, the PDP presidential candidate named Governor Ifeanyi Okowa as his running mate in the forthcoming election.

This, however, led to a disagreement among party stakeholders as some commended the choice of Okowa while others rejected it, saying Atiku should have picked Wike who was the runner-up in the primary in the stead of his Delta counterpart.

In a bid to address the perceived grievances of the governor, the Board of Trustees (BOT) of the PDP set up a reconciliatory committee to meet with Wike of Rivers State over the fallout of the party’s presidential primary and crisis trailing the nomination of a running mate.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/07/29/presidential-primary-aftermath-wike-slams-atiku-vows-to-remain-in-pdp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_AxGhB1HFs

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by sanpipita(m): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
Atiku's lying tendencies is a big red flag, liars are opportunists who will pull every trick to benefit themselves, Nigerians will regret it should they vote for an Atiku's presidency.

I now understand why obasanjo hates him so much.

219 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Nwodosis(m): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
He will remain in PDP as a spoiler to have the last laugh.

143 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Totilopussylick(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
"l am not a slave and will not be a slave. I am freeborn of the country,” he declared.

But APC is holding Nigerians in slavery including the Governor of River state tongue undecided.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by skoIes001: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2022
Wike should join labour Party ASAP. Get registered, get your PVC, GET OBIdient.

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Okoroawusa: 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2022
PDP IS DEAD

213 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Akurakambe(m): 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2022
Wike must remain in the PDP and destroy the party kpatakpata. I'm now ever convinced that Atifiku will lose Rivers State to Peter Obi come 2023 once Wike remains neutral in the process.

Presidential election result in Rivers State will be tilting towards LabourParty win.

Peter Obi is coming
God bless Peter Obi
God bless OBIdient people

120 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by yomi961: 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2022
Okoroawusa:
PDP IS DEAD
we have been hearing that since 2015 qbeg rest

26 Likes

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by yomi961: 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2022
Akurakambe:
Wike must remain in the PDP and destroy the party kpatakpata. I'm now ever convinced that Atifiku will lose Rivers State to Peter Obi come 2023 once Wike remains neutral in the process.

Presidential election result in Rivers State will be tilting towards LabourParty win.

Peter Obi is coming
God bless Peter Obi
God bless OBIdient people
Another nairaland politician.
What you don't know is that no matter what no one wants it's party to loose at the center.
The issue will be resolved, wike is wiser than he portrays and he is playing you clowns like a drum

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Penguin2: 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2022
Wike should declare his support for Peter Obi already.

Because e sure me die say he cannot support Tinubu except he wants to kill his career forever.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Fkmodhi: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2022
Emperor Wike is a loyal party man I give that to him.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by posty56: 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
mumu man ,after throwing childish tantrum and seeing that nobody send am, also joining APC at this point is a political suicide, nigga go soon become upgraded FFK

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Ulunne777(f): 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
Ability to lie is one of the prerequusites to being a politician in Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Solanaprincess: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Mrmanability: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
There will be a great surprise this election.. Cox wike will surely want atiku to loss.. I see obi wining Rivers for sure.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Xscape047: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
Yaawaa..

I'm looking for writers
Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Reinamaria(f): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
Okoroawusa:
PDP IS DEAD

APC IS DEAD.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Akinsete19(m): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
RIP to both APC and PDP

15 Likes

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Manson1(m): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2022
Wike is a loyal party member and not a political prostitute... I like him for that alone

12 Likes

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by iiifedimma(f): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
Please the main reason of still be reporting this criminal and the well known fraudsters here is that he is never tired of scammings people's here, he now use a different tactic and strategies to still be scamming people's here with a video of crying baby with full of fake stories and when he's scams accounts is block he instantly open anothers one, he open account every day to keep scamming people's please just be careful to not fall in to a victims of him with your money again

Please Anthony okeke also known as Faith S. H, has opened another account today he is a criminal He has been bust on a several occasions. Don't fall in to any victims of him with your hard earned money please, he is well popular here as the greatest scammer on nairaland please be aware of him alrdy

He has scam a lots of people's here with a touching heart story, he even add a video to it to fool a lots of people's please try to ignore him please only for ur own benefit

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Skillsnigeria: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by jlinkd78(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
Noted
Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by OmoManU: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
Destroy from inside

3 Likes

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
I'll vote Wike over Atiku anytime any day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by athaboi(f): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
It's time for Peter Obi......The hour has come!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by Mrmanability: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
He will definitely want atiku to loss so that next election he will stand a good chance of contesting.. he will surely work against Atiku

6 Likes

Re: Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP by cosmatika(m): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2022
The reason he wants to stay back is only to deliver his candidate in Rivers state and remain a godfather there.
If he moves to any other party now, he'll bcom a homeless and worthless politician.

Agbado supporters were banking on him to join APShit and deliver Rivers state to them, una ntoor.

Rivers is in the bag for Peter Obi

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Disowns Mamman Daura On Zoning Presidency / Leaked Conversations From Aso Villa Demons’ First 2018 Meeting By Mayowa Tijani / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival In Plateau State Over Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.