Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected (784 Views)

Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP / Atiku Vows To Fight Insecurity, Slams APC / I’ll Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected, Atiku Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by Oluwabash(m): 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2019
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar has vowed to reduce the work force of the Federal Government if elected President on 16 February 2019.

Atiku said he will reduce the federal government’s staff force drastically as part of his plans to restructure Nigeria if voted into office. This however is in complete contrast with previous campaign promises of creating jobs for Nigerians.

Atiku made the vow in Lagos at a conference themed: Getting Nigeria’s Economy Working: A Pragmatic Approach.

Atiku who is contesting alongside Peter Obi, a former governor of Anambra state had previously promised to create 10 million jobs a year.

“I will reduce the size of the federal government completely. I support restructuring and we will liberalize several sectors of the economy,” he said on his Twitter account using the hashtag #AtikuMeetsBusinessCommunity.

“I don’t believe in giving people jobs which they don’t know how to do. I cannot hire anybody I cannot learn from,” he added, clearly insinuating that he does not have plans for unskilled or semi-skilled workers.

Atiku also stated that his companies employ between 40,000 to 50,000 workers, a far reduction from the claim that he had previously made that he has over 100,000 workers in his various companies.

On social media, Nigerians are reacting strongly albeit differently to the conflicting promises of Atiku who served as Vice President for eight years during the administration of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo from 1999-2007.
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by extralargehead(m): 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
What?. Infact i no vote again !!!
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by cosby02(m): 2:13pm On Jan 16, 2019
That's the way he wants to provide employment?

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by Nigerianization(m): 2:14pm On Jan 16, 2019
What is the source of this information
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by 10mobile: 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
cosby02:
That's the way he wants to provide employment?

extralargehead:
What?. Infact i no vote again !!!
I am no Atiku fan, but this truth needs to be said: The best way to create jobs that build economy is not by government employing people directly please. He can still cre8 jobs by creating millions of thriving start-ups if he has the idea.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by muykem: 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2019
Thank God that you will not even smell Aso rock .
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by frankman365(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
Oluwabash:
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar has vowed to reduce the work force of the Federal Government if elected President on 16 February 2019.

Atiku said he will reduce the federal government’s staff force drastically as part of his plans to restructure Nigeria if voted into office. This however is in complete contrast with previous campaign promises of creating jobs for Nigerians.

Atiku made the vow in Lagos at a conference themed: Getting Nigeria’s Economy Working: A Pragmatic Approach.

Atiku who is contesting alongside Peter Obi, a former governor of Anambra state had previously promised to create 10 million jobs a year.

“I will reduce the size of the federal government completely. I support restructuring and we will liberalize several sectors of the economy,” he said on his Twitter account using the hashtag #AtikuMeetsBusinessCommunity.

“I don’t believe in giving people jobs which they don’t know how to do. I cannot hire anybody I cannot learn from,” he added, clearly insinuating that he does not have plans for unskilled or semi-skilled workers.

Atiku also stated that his companies employ between 40,000 to 50,000 workers, a far reduction from the claim that he had previously made that he has over 100,000 workers in his various companies.

On social media, Nigerians are reacting strongly albeit differently to the conflicting promises of Atiku who served as Vice President for eight years during the administration of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo from 1999-2007.
Op which school did you attend? Job creation can be in the form of non interest loan for entrepreneurs. Federal employment is not in the real sense job creation b/c it increases recurrent expenditure.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by shakmati(m): 2:25pm On Jan 16, 2019
Lol. BMC zombies fake news. Let me tell you, I'd even rather an economy that provides the means for me to be an entrepreneur than to be working for federal government.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by 10mobile: 2:31pm On Jan 16, 2019
shakmati:
Lol. BMC zombies fake news. Let me tell you, I'd even rather an economy that provides the means for me to be an entrepreneur than to be working for federal government.
Don't mind the slave spirits.
Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by collinsfhk(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
I don't really like getting involved in politics but I dislike bias journalism.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vows To Reduce Federal Government Work Force If Elected by cosby02(m): 5:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
10mobile:

I am no Atiku fan, but this truth needs to be said: The best way to create jobs that build economy is not by government employing people directly please. He can still cre8 jobs by creating millions of thriving start-ups if he has the idea.
Wheres the idea?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: President Buhari Receives Rev. Fr. Mbaka In Aso Rock. / Many Of Those Criticizing Buhari Are Christians” – Femi Adesina / Endorsement Of Atiku, A Fraud, Says APC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.