Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics (72693 Views)

Festus Keyamo On Open Bus Ride With PMB In Ibadan As Ambode Speaks On PMB In Oyo / PMB IN JOS: The pictures of the Aerial View Of The Streets Today and more / Massive Crowd That Came Out To Welcome PMB In Uyo(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Moukandjo: 4:42am On Jan 17, 2019
zombieTRACKER:

Hahahahaha grin grin

This country is finished
A supposed graduate defending a confirmed thief on social media.... Chai
The daft PDP sycophants & IPIGs defend the international thief, Atiku! That's the most shameless thing ever!

1 Like

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Moukandjo: 4:54am On Jan 17, 2019
rexwalters:
Wrong I knew you would come with propaganda like Fani Kayode, a bridge is over water a flyover is over land.
Baba, you suppose don know say Atiku supporters are the daftest & most shameless things ever na!
They told you someone has just built the longest flyover in Africa & the dumb supporters of the international thief rushed to argue as usual. Shouldn't their brains tell them that even 3rd Mainland Bridge in this same Nigeria is way longer than this & for them to still call this the longest flyover in Africa, then a flyover must be different from a bridge. Those guys are irredeemably daft, man!

1 Like

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by urchman23: 4:57am On Jan 17, 2019
ALL NA SCAM
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by miky(m): 5:08am On Jan 17, 2019
Backward state
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by israelmao(m): 5:24am On Jan 17, 2019
A thief remains a thief even though he tarred all th he streets of Kano in gold.Rabiu Kwakwanso his predecessor did well in putting massive infrastructures in place.
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Christmasdon(m): 5:38am On Jan 17, 2019
And third mainland bridge is 11km.
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by jibrilELsudan: 5:42am On Jan 17, 2019
Up Ganduje! What people fail to understand is that the money seen in the video given to Ganduje was actually the change that remained from the project money used in building this flyover. If you send your houseboy to the market to buy you something, won't he return change to you?

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Bluffly: 5:57am On Jan 17, 2019
olasco2035:
the longest flyover in africa is now ready for commissioning.. the flyover will be commission by president Muhammad buhari on 27th of this month, the day he will visit the state to seek for their mandate for his second term...the former governor of the state engr Rabiu musa kwankwaso was the one who stated the project during his tenure and itz now completed by his successor.
the flyover is 1.78km
Good but bad as it was built by foreign engineers. With our Engineering society and professors we can't oversee a contemporary project through. Too bad
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Wizikal(m): 6:01am On Jan 17, 2019
great achievement
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by DavSagacity(m): 6:23am On Jan 17, 2019
zombieTRACKER:

Hahahahaha grin grin

This country is finished
Abi when him no get work nko....
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by goldman777: 6:27am On Jan 17, 2019
Olawalesmarter:
You see confirm Leader now undecided South East Governors should try to develop something, i don't know why they are waiting for Buhari to do everything for them

They are busy developing other parts of Nigeria they are land developers lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Kingsley10000: 6:29am On Jan 17, 2019
Thank you pmb
4*4
up Apc
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Kingsley10000: 6:32am On Jan 17, 2019
Kano is now more developed than all 5eastern states

up Buhari and Apc

2 Likes

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by mechanics(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2019
genieplus86:
Beautiful!
Yeah
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by akintunde63: 7:02am On Jan 17, 2019
olasco2035:
the longest flyover in africa is now ready for commissioning.. the flyover will be commission by president Muhammad buhari on 27th of this month, the day he will visit the state to seek for their mandate for his second term...the former governor of the state engr Rabiu musa kwankwaso was the one who stated the project during his tenure and itz now completed by his successor.
the flyover is 1.78km

The project is huge, I must admit, but it doesn't absolve ganduje of the allegations of bribery and corruption levied against him

1 Like

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by AbdulCLO: 7:07am On Jan 17, 2019
If NIGERIAN politician can STEAL money but do meaningful projects that will be beneficiary to everyone do YOU THINK Nigerians will care? Why do you think Kano people don't care when Ganuje was said TO have collected bribe? You all from the east just need to come to Kano OR ASK YOUR BROTHERS not just spreading your hate as we all know you do in that region. the Almajiri Kano is no longer like that. I JUST DONT KNOW WHY YOU PEOPLE FROM THE EAST HATE EVERYONE THAT IS NOT FROM YOUR REGION. INFACT WHAT AM I SAYING SEF YOU PEOPLE HATE EACH OTHER TALK MORE OF OTHER PERSONS

1 Like

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by bongolistik(m): 7:23am On Jan 17, 2019
TAO11:

mr oga,

firstly, "overpass" is british not american as you think.

secondly, a "bridge" is a generic term describing structures stretching over a body of water, a valley, or a highway interchange.

thus, a structure stretching over a highway interchange is a particular kind of bridge, in which case there are other two kinds. this particular kind of bridge (over a highway interchange) is known as a "flyover"

as such, the terms "bridge" and "flyover" are not equivalents; the former is a broader term encompassing the latter and others, while the latter is obviously a specific case of the broader former.

in conclusion, your pseudo-analysis above can only be correct iff the "20km" "6th october bridge in Cairo" is also a "flyover" (i.e. a bridge stretching over a highway interchange).

it would have been a different case if this post had simply used the generic term "bridge" instead of a more specific connotation "flyover".
Overpass is American while flyover is British

1 Like

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by ofwest47(m): 7:24am On Jan 17, 2019
This Kano is a modern city in Nigeria o. Sai Buhari Sai Baba.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by bongolistik(m): 7:28am On Jan 17, 2019
Christmasdon:
And third mainland bridge is 11km.
That is not a flyover
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 17, 2019
Daviddson:
The longest bridge/flyover is in Cairo, Egypt - 20km in length - https://www.propertypro.ng/blog/top-10-longest-bridge-in-africa/.

Bridge and flyover are two different things.

No need for argument. Just Google it.

2 Likes

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by TAO11(f): 7:31am On Jan 17, 2019
bongolistik:
Overpass is American while flyover is British

stop trying to pass off your guess as though you're sure.

see attachment below, and go and sin no more:

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by hmuhammad(m): 7:32am On Jan 17, 2019
rexwalters:
Wrong I knew you would come with propaganda like Fani Kayode, a bridge is over water a flyover is over land.
Educate him

1 Like

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by hmuhammad(m): 7:33am On Jan 17, 2019
Daviddson:
The longest bridge/flyover is in Cairo, Egypt - 20km in length - https://www.propertypro.ng/blog/top-10-longest-bridge-in-africa/.
and you go school be that o, you can't differentiate between flyover and bridge
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Ibrocalculus(m): 7:41am On Jan 17, 2019
magicminister:
Are you guys dumb or stupid?

1.78 KM is not up to a quater of 3rd mainland bridge which is over 10 KM

It is a flyover, not a bridge. you calling people dumb is the dumb one here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by jeyselassie(m): 7:41am On Jan 17, 2019
Bridges where there is no river
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by felo126(m): 7:44am On Jan 17, 2019
kayfra:
Igbo Amaka
We developed it grin grin grin
sence they truly say, is nt common
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by GAR3TH(m): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2019
TAO11:

*i never agreed with you that the Cairo bridge is a flyover. stop imagining yourself to be smart, i wasn't in agreement with you.

*only if it's a "flyover" can it belie the statement in this post.

*3rd mainland bridge in Lagos for e.g. is still not a flyover regardless of what section of it extends to Land.

*you were silent about your claim that "overpass" is american. why?

please stop selling us nonsense!

*I'm not even going to respond to you after this because you are very delusional if you cant understand the simple fact that you are saying the exact same thing i'm saying.

*it is a 6th October bridge is a fly-over

*3rd mainland bridge in Lagos blahaha water water, once again the 6th October bridge in Cairo is over land, over cairo streets for 20 km, you have google map on your computer, go and look at it, why argue and look like a fool.

*I was silent about americans calling it an "overpass"? really, so what do american speak? Chinese, of course america uses the same words as Britain, they speak English, what is your point with that one even?

like I said, your personality is of a person that just likes to argue.

Just so people understand bridges can be flyovers but fly overs can not be bridges. just like fish is a type of food but food can not be a type of fish. in other words a bridge is the main category and fly-over is a sub category.

The 6th October bridge is a bridge and also a fly over at 20 km

1 Like

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Caseless: 7:57am On Jan 17, 2019
zombieTRACKER:

Hahahahaha grin grin

This country is finished
show him the video of the work done by your governor and quit growling. Kickbacks are taken by most public office holders in Nigeria. The givers are guilty just as the taker. Jafar Jafar should reveal those who paid so we can begin the process of prosecution since they don't have immunity as Ganduje.

1 Like

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by Amina2019: 8:36am On Jan 17, 2019
china are building flyover where its needed (above water) Nigeria is building above land . well least we have alternate roads

olasco2035:
the flyover is 1.78km
Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:09am On Jan 17, 2019
Amina2019:
china are building flyover where its needed (above water) Nigeria is building above land . well least we have alternate roads

Lol flyover above water?

Its called a bridge

2 Likes

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by TAO11(f): 9:24am On Jan 17, 2019
GAR3TH:

*I'm not even going to respond to you after this because you are very delusional if you cant understand the simple fact that you are saying the exact same thing i'm saying.

*it is a 6th October bridge is a fly-over

*3rd mainland bridge in Lagos blahaha water water, once again the 6th October bridge in Cairo is over land, over cairo streets for 20 km, you have google map on your computer, go and look at it, why argue and look like a fool.

*I was silent about americans calling it an "overpass"? really, so what do american speak? Chinese, of course america uses the same words as Britain, they speak English, what is your point with that one even?

like I said, your personality is of a person that just likes to argue.

Just so people understand bridges can be flyovers but fly overs can not be bridges. just like fish is a type of food but food can not be a type of fish. in other words a bridge is the main category and fly-over is a sub category.

The 6th October bridge is a bridge and also a fly over at 20 km

i could swear that the reason you opened this reply with the notice that you won't reply further is because you understood well that i will expose the lies, spinnings, and re-readings in your damage control, beyond any repair ... lol.

a flyover, like i taught you earlier, is a specific kind of bridge; i.e. one designed to be over a highway interchange.

other kinds of bridge are those designed to be over body(ies) of water, while others yet are those designed to be over valley(s).

in that case, all flyovers are bridges, but not all bridges are flyovers.

i have repeatedly explained the foregoing to you, it still beats me why you don't get it, but you instead insisted that we are saying the same thing. no we are not.

coming to your point that the 6th october Cairo bridge is a bridge over land.

you obviously intended with your statement here to pass off the false impression that this Cairo bridge is NOT an over-water bridge.

of course an over-water bridge will obviously have extensions on land. but that is clearly NOT what you meant when you said it is a bridge over land.

however, the picture of the 6th october Cairo bridge (attached below) shows it to be an over-water bridge, of course with its extensions to land. the bridge actually crosses the river nile twice.

regarding the point about 3rd mainland bridge, that was brought up to demonstrate to you that the fact that it is designed over a water body does not mean it will be restricted to the water body. it is obviously expected that it will naturally have extensions to land.

see attached picture of the 3rd mainland bridge and its land extensions.

i understand where your confusion is coming from. you must have seen the phrase "6th october bridge and flyover" somewhere on the internet without fully grasping its import before coming here.

and you won't fully understand the import of the phrase as long as you fail to realize that a flyover is a specific kind of bridge (i.e. one over a highway interchange), while there are others such as an over-water bridge (often simply called "bridge" ), as well as over-valley bridge.

the 6th october bridge is a hybrid one having an over-water bridge component, yet its land extensions goes, in some places, over highway interchanges.

thus, the whole structure has an over-water bridge component and some of its land extensions serve in some places as a flyover.

it is, therefore, a display of ignorance, for you, to have suggested that the whole 20km structure is in fact a 20km flyover.

regarding your damage control stunt on whether americans speak Chinese, this is simply a laughable, pitiable, desperate, and mute point from you.

but to formally expose you, first you knew well that what i was referring to is not whether the british and americans speak english or chinese.

you understood fully well that i was referring to the british english and the american english comparison which ironically was brought up (though wrongly) by you.

you wrote: "... a Fly-over or in america an overpass, is ..."

smiles ... that was what you said, and i exposed your ignorance by saying that reverse is actually the case; that is, "overpass" is in fact the british form and not american as you ignorantly but (quite surprisngly) confidently assert.

cc: Daviddson

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Longest Flyover In Africa To be Commission By Pmb In Kano-pics by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:34am On Jan 17, 2019
What qualifies this road to be the longest in Africa.
Proof??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Kill Several ‘IPOB/ESN’ Members, Overrun Three Camps In Imo / Soldier Edobor Celebrates His Birthday At The Battlefield / Amotekun Walk On The Streets Of Osogbo, Osun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.