Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Egyptian President Builds Huge Church For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Egyptian President Builds Huge Church For Christians (653 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egyptian President Builds Huge Church For Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16am On Jan 17, 2019
Mike Evans: God Moving in Middle East as Egyptian President Builds Huge Church for Christians
9:00AM EST 1/16/2019 STEPHEN STRANG

God is doing incredible things in the Middle East. Christians rejoiced on Jan. 7 when Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi built the largest Christian church in the country. The Muslim president funded this huge project as a way of showing his appreciation and support for the nation's Coptic Christians. U.S. President Donald Trump expressed his enthusiasm for Egypt's act of kindness with a tweet: "Excited to see our friends in Egypt opening the biggest Cathedral in the Middle East. President El-Sisi is moving his country to a more inclusive future!"

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Excited to see our friends in Egypt opening the biggest Cathedral in the Middle East. President El-Sisi is moving his country to a more inclusive future!

2:59 PM - Jan 6, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
36.3K people are talking about this

My friend Mike Evans, founder of the Friends of Zion Heritage Center and the Jerusalem Prayer Team, recently met with el-Sisi three times and says the president has a generous heart toward Christian believers.

"Every single time I meet with [el-Sisi], I pray with him," Mike says. "He has a strong faith. ... But he, above any Muslim leader in the entire Middle East, has gone in support of the Christian church. Yes, he built the biggest Christian church in the Muslim world ... and it's symbolic of what they're doing for Christians."

This is huge news for a country where Coptic Christians have endured persecution for centuries. It's not uncommon to see reports of Islamic extremists murdering, kidnapping or attacking Copts. But it seems that God is turning things around for the good of those who love Him, just as He promises in Romans 8:28. Mike told me in a "Strang Report" podcast interview recently that el-Sisi is working hard to protect Christians from ISIS. And thankfully, it's not just the president who's doing this.

"Shockingly, Muslims right now in Egypt are laying down their lives to protect Christians," Mike says.

Mike is right—that is shocking! In fact, I would say that's almost unheard of. Equally surprising, Mike says, el-Sisi has not received much pushback from other Muslims in Egypt. On the contrary, Mike says, something is stirring in the Muslim world. For instance, he tells me he flew to Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates, and met with the crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

When Mike asked the crown prince what he thought about Christians, Mohammed bin Zayed told him a Christian missionary helped his mother, who was having trouble giving birth to twins when there was no health care. Sadly, one child died, but the missionary managed to save the other child's life. In response, the crown prince's parents honoured the missionary by giving her their six-bedroom house so she could build a Christian hospital. Since then, the crown prince's Muslim parents have donated $100 million to this Christian missionary nurse.

"Who would've thought that we would see a day when Muslims are building a hospital for Christian missionaries?" Mike says. "And I briefed the White House that I know of six Muslim countries that actually want to make peace with Israel. They want to do more than that. I told [Israeli Prime Minister] Benjamin Netanyahu, 'Your legacy very well may be making peace with five to six Muslim countries.'"

I can't help but wonder how much of this is a result of years upon years of Christians praying for revival and for the Jews. Mike says the Jerusalem Prayer Team—which grew out of a restoration of Corrie ten Boom's regular prayer meetings—has grown to 54 million members. To add perspective to their size, Mike says their Facebook page is the largest religious Facebook site on the planet.

"We're living in a brand-new day," he says. "This is a brand-new day. It's revival."

https://www.charismanews.com/world/74799-mike-evans-god-moving-in-middle-east-as-egyptian-president-builds-huge-church-for-christians

1 Share

Re: Egyptian President Builds Huge Church For Christians by Cownu: 1:30am On Jan 17, 2019
Re: Egyptian President Builds Huge Church For Christians by Colonelswitz101(m): 1:33am On Jan 17, 2019
Meanwhile the herdsman terrorist running the affairs of my country is busy importing his herdsmen and jihadist cousins to kill and destroy anyone who does not fall in line wt his Islamic agenda....

History will never be kind to u Muhammad Buhari the British guinea pig for the blood of innocent Nigerians that u have bn through ur army,Boko Haram and ur herdsmen nephews.. The repercussions of sins must visit u soon and the blood of this innocent citizens that u massacred shall forever hunt ur household...
Re: Egyptian President Builds Huge Church For Christians by buchilino(m): 9:12am On Jan 17, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Mike Evans: God Moving in Middle East as Egyptian President Builds Huge Church for Christians
9:00AM EST 1/16/2019 STEPHEN STRANG

God is doing incredible things in the Middle East. Christians rejoiced on Jan. 7 when Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi built the largest Christian church in the country. The Muslim president funded this huge project as a way of showing his appreciation and support for the nation's Coptic Christians. U.S. President Donald Trump expressed his enthusiasm for Egypt's act of kindness with a tweet: "Excited to see our friends in Egypt opening the biggest Cathedral in the Middle East. President El-Sisi is moving his country to a more inclusive future!"

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Excited to see our friends in Egypt opening the biggest Cathedral in the Middle East. President El-Sisi is moving his country to a more inclusive future!

2:59 PM - Jan 6, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
36.3K people are talking about this

My friend Mike Evans, founder of the Friends of Zion Heritage Center and the Jerusalem Prayer Team, recently met with el-Sisi three times and says the president has a generous heart toward Christian believers.

"Every single time I meet with [el-Sisi], I pray with him," Mike says. "He has a strong faith. ... But he, above any Muslim leader in the entire Middle East, has gone in support of the Christian church. Yes, he built the biggest Christian church in the Muslim world ... and it's symbolic of what they're doing for Christians."

This is huge news for a country where Coptic Christians have endured persecution for centuries. It's not uncommon to see reports of Islamic extremists murdering, kidnapping or attacking Copts. But it seems that God is turning things around for the good of those who love Him, just as He promises in Romans 8:28. Mike told me in a "Strang Report" podcast interview recently that el-Sisi is working hard to protect Christians from ISIS. And thankfully, it's not just the president who's doing this.

"Shockingly, Muslims right now in Egypt are laying down their lives to protect Christians," Mike says.

Mike is right—that is shocking! In fact, I would say that's almost unheard of. Equally surprising, Mike says, el-Sisi has not received much pushback from other Muslims in Egypt. On the contrary, Mike says, something is stirring in the Muslim world. For instance, he tells me he flew to Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates, and met with the crown prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

When Mike asked the crown prince what he thought about Christians, Mohammed bin Zayed told him a Christian missionary helped his mother, who was having trouble giving birth to twins when there was no health care. Sadly, one child died, but the missionary managed to save the other child's life. In response, the crown prince's parents honoured the missionary by giving her their six-bedroom house so she could build a Christian hospital. Since then, the crown prince's Muslim parents have donated $100 million to this Christian missionary nurse.

"Who would've thought that we would see a day when Muslims are building a hospital for Christian missionaries?" Mike says. "And I briefed the White House that I know of six Muslim countries that actually want to make peace with Israel. They want to do more than that. I told [Israeli Prime Minister] Benjamin Netanyahu, 'Your legacy very well may be making peace with five to six Muslim countries.'"

I can't help but wonder how much of this is a result of years upon years of Christians praying for revival and for the Jews. Mike says the Jerusalem Prayer Team—which grew out of a restoration of Corrie ten Boom's regular prayer meetings—has grown to 54 million members. To add perspective to their size, Mike says their Facebook page is the largest religious Facebook site on the planet.

"We're living in a brand-new day," he says. "This is a brand-new day. It's revival."

https://www.charismanews.com/world/74799-mike-evans-god-moving-in-middle-east-as-egyptian-president-builds-huge-church-for-christians

PRAISE GOD

1 Like

Re: Egyptian President Builds Huge Church For Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2019
Colonelswitz101:

Meanwhile the herdsman terrorist running the affairs of my country is busy importing his herdsmen and jihadist cousins to kill and destroy anyone who does not fall in line wt his Islamic agenda....

History will never be kind to u Muhammad Buhari the British guinea pig for the blood of innocent Nigerians that u have bn through ur army,Boko Haram and ur herdsmen nephews.. The repercussions of sins must visit u soon and the blood of this innocent citizens that u massacred shall forever hunt ur household...

El Rufai and the likes can certainly take a cue from El sisi's magnanimity. wink
Re: Egyptian President Builds Huge Church For Christians by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
buchilino:

PRAISE GOD

Halleluyah! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Mega Pastors Caught Openly Campaigning For Atiku On The Pulpit / Tani Jesu Nse? - Alabukun - Fun Si Ni Fun Omo (jesu) Inu Re / Pastor Adeboye's Sermon @ The November 2019 Kalabari Gospel Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.