Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. (4311 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time / Is My Son's School "Over Teaching?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by julianH(m): 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
My wife and I woke up at about 1.30am on the 2nd of June, 2010 and for lack of something to do decided to continue with 24 (a movie series on terrorism and counter- terrorism) we stopped watching the previous day.

Little did we know that something was going to happen that will change our life as that day was not going to be JUST another day! Two hours into the movie she started complaining of abdominal pains and I asked her what the problem could be (this time) she told me that the pains was LABOR pains! I further asked if there was anything I could do to ease the pains but she answered in the negative.

The pains – contraction as the medical people would call it – continued till at about 9.30 am. Before this time we had already contacted a family friend of ours who came at about that time and she and my wife left for the hospital taking with them the necessary things needed for child delivery.

I refused to go with them because I was scared! I told them that I would come later (hoping that the baby would have being born before my arrival at the hospital but how wrong I was!) I got the hospital an hour and half later only to see them sitting and talking at the reception area of the maternity ward. I asked what was going on and was told that my wife had been examined and was asked to wait.

I sat with them and we talked about this and that for some hours. At 3.30pm or so my wife went inside the labor room again – having being there from time to time to be checked by the doctor. But this time she did not come as she did the previous time she went inside. When I asked I was told that she was at the verge of giving birth!

While I sat there waiting, I went outside and CASUALLY prayed. I reasoned that we have being praying as soon the baby was conceived! We have prayed at midnight for a week two times! We even fasted as instructed by our pastor Apostle G. Benz.

I felt that at that point I should just relax and wait for the baby to come out but I was wrong! Around past 4pm I started hearing my wife shouting: “LORD HAVE MERCY!” “LORD SHOW MERCY!” “I MUST GO HOME WITH MY BABY!” “BABY LISTEN TO MY WORD AND FOLLOW ME HOME etc.

As I walked towards thee entrance of the labor room proper, our friend that took her to the hospital beckoned to me and when I got to where she was she told me that our baby had been delivered but was lying lifeless – not breathing, crying or moving! The doctors were trying to revive him!

“How could this be” I said within me. My whole world came to a stand still and I almost suffered a stroke! Something inside of me was stirred and I was angry! Does it mean that we would not be going home with this baby alive? Will I be calling my mum and telling her that the baby was born but that we lost him? This and many more thoughts occupied my mind for some seconds and I didn’t know what to do. I was confused and almost paralyzed by fear!

But in that state of confusion something whispered that I should pray! I started praying and speaking in tongues! I prayed sincerely and desperately for so long that I had to be stopped by someone who came to tell me that my baby was okay! It was only then that I started hearing him crying at the top of his voice!

Our baby was revived after one hour of been out of the womb!

This experience taught me the following:

I learnt from that day that when God seems to look away that it is for a purpose.

I also learnt that God is always there to meet us at our point of need if we can surrender all to Him completely and allow Him to do His “THING”!

Again the incident that day showed me that our “faith” can only be called “faith” when it is tested! In other word, faith without action is useless!

It also taught me that prayer is never enough: we should always pray without fail!

From that experience I learnt that the devil will always contest that which the Almighty God has given us. The onus of the case is for us not to give up and give in to him but to fight him violently with the blood of the Lamb that has been made available to us and watch him flee!

In conclusion, I also learnt that day that our faith should be exercised always. We should also call on God and believe that He is ever faithful and waiting to do things for us.

MAY HIS NAME BE PRAISED FROM EVERLASTING TO EVERLASTING - AMEN!

www.trustingod247..com
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2010
Awwww God bless your family julian cry cry
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by likeme(m): 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2010
God is awesome. Congratulations on your new born Baby
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by jenny9: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2010
thank you God for miracle baby MICAH.

he shall be a source of Joy, Blessing and Happiness to you, your family and his generation.

Amen
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Godalone(m): 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2010
Congrats man !
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2010
Wow!
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2010
Julian, we thank God for the safe delivery of your son. May he be a source of joy to you and your family.
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by MrsSiena1(f): 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2010
Congrats Julian for the safe delivery of your son Micah. May he live to fulfil his destiny.
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by nellaluv(f): 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2010
Congrats Julia, it's a miracle smiley
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by nortyd: 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2010
so happy for you congratulations , im so sorry you had to go through this god has a plan for your child, he will be important to this world
i know how you felt and feel sadly my babe god chose as an angel
be good to each other god bless
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by SeanT21(f): 1:30am On Aug 14, 2010
Amen!! wink
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by blank(f): 2:57am On Aug 14, 2010
I tap into ur miracle.

I will deliver safely and go home with my baby safe n sound.

Amen.
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Busybody2(f): 3:46am On Aug 14, 2010
julian_H:

My wife and I woke up at about 1.30am on the 2nd of June, 2010 and for lack of something to do decided to continue with 24 (a movie series on terrorism and counter- terrorism) we stopped watching the previous day.

Little did we know that something was going to happen that will change our life as that day was not going to be JUST another day! Two hours into the movie she started complaining of abdominal pains and I asked her what the problem could be (this time) she told me that the pains was LABOR pains! I further asked if there was anything I could do to ease the pains but she answered in the negative.

The pains – contraction as the medical people would call it – continued till at about 9.30 am. Before this time we had already contacted a family friend of ours who came at about that time and she and my wife left for the hospital taking with them the necessary things needed for child delivery.

I refused to go with them because I was scared! I told them that I would come later (hoping that the baby would have being born before my arrival at the hospital but how wrong I was!) I got the hospital an hour and half later only to see them sitting and talking at the reception area of the maternity ward. I asked what was going on and was told that my wife had been examined and was asked to wait.

I sat with them and we talked about this and that for some hours. At 3.30pm or so my wife went inside the labor room again – having being there from time to time to be checked by the doctor. But this time she did not come as she did the previous time she went inside. When I asked I was told that she was at the verge of giving birth!

While I sat there waiting, I went outside and CASUALLY prayed. I reasoned that we have being praying as soon the baby was conceived! We have prayed at midnight for a week two times! We even fasted as instructed by our pastor Apostle G. Benz.

I felt that at that point I should just relax and wait for the baby to come out but I was wrong! Around past 4pm I started hearing my wife shouting: “LORD HAVE MERCY!” “LORD SHOW MERCY!” “I MUST GO HOME WITH MY BABY!” “BABY LISTEN TO MY WORD AND FOLLOW ME HOME etc.

As I walked towards thee entrance of the labor room proper, our friend that took her to the hospital beckoned to me and when I got to where she was she told me that our baby had been delivered but was lying lifeless – not breathing, crying or moving! The doctors were trying to revive him!

“How could this be” I said within me. My whole world came to a stand still and I almost suffered a stroke! Something inside of me was stirred and I was angry! Does it mean that we would not be going home with this baby alive? Will I be calling my mum and telling her that the baby was born but that we lost him? This and many more thoughts occupied my mind for some seconds and I didn’t know what to do. I was confused and almost paralyzed by fear!

But in that state of confusion something whispered that I should pray! I started praying and speaking in tongues! I prayed sincerely and desperately for so long that I had to be stopped by someone who came to tell me that my baby was okay! It was only then that I started hearing him crying at the top of his voice!

Our baby was revived after one hour of been out of the womb!

This experience taught me the following:

I learnt from that day that when God seems to look away that it is for a purpose.

I also learnt that God is always there to meet us at our point of need if we can surrender all to Him completely and allow Him to do His “THING”!

Again the incident that day showed me that our “faith” can only be called “faith” when it is tested! In other word, faith without action is useless!

It also taught me that prayer is never enough: we should always pray without fail!

From that experience I learnt that the devil will always contest that which the Almighty God has given us. The onus of the case is for us not to give up and give in to him but to fight him violently with the blood of the Lamb that has been made available to us and watch him flee!

In conclusion, I also learnt that day that our faith should be exercised always. We should also call on God and believe that He is ever faithful and waiting to do things for us.

MAY HIS NAME BE PRAISED FROM EVERLASTING TO EVERLASTING - AMEN!

www.trustingod247..com

Congratulations J, you don't have to do anything violently, and you certainly didn't do anything violently on that Hospital ward, the battle is the Lord's, all you subconsciously utilised that day was Ephesians 6:10-18, which you were reminded of whilst in a state of confusion and paralysis wink

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

"Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints
. . ."
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 14, 2010
BB quote scripture shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I thought you is an atheist
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by adim2(m): 4:42am On Aug 14, 2010
I am very happy for this testimony congrats man
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by breathless(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2010
Congrats brov. Had a similar experience 2yrs back. The baby came out with d umblical cord tied around his neck, tired and motionless. Wifey panicked but assured her all was ok. Declared life on him and today he`s more than a handful 2 contain.
God will grant all expectant mothers safe delivery with divine health and both parents will smile n laff with child IJN.
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Hotstepper(f): 1:30am On Aug 16, 2010
Congratulations. May he bring joy and love to your family
Permit me to give him his own name in Igbo "onyedikachukwu".meaning WHO IS LIKE GOD?
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Busybody2(f): 1:09am On Aug 18, 2010
jennykadry:

BB quote scripture shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I thought you is an atheist

shocked Was that the Bible i was quoting shocked

But, but, but, they promised they would not sell me fake zobo on the rocks na angry angry angry

[s]Fell off the wagon, tryna find myself back on track embarassed [/s]
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Ivynwa(f): 3:10am On Aug 27, 2010
Glory to God, prayer works. It was good of you to get into the spirit at that point in time and speak in tongue instead of despairing. Your prayers caused God to arise at that point in time. I am excited for you and your wife.
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 27, 2010
thank you for your testimony.it just gave me courage.
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by nkirubb: 3:19pm On May 27, 2011
Glory be to God, He is faithful and always on time.
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by Outstrip(f): 8:21pm On May 27, 2011
I thank God for your family
Re: The Safe Delivery Of My Son – Micah – And The Lessons I Learnt From It. by hunkyjohn(m): 8:41pm On May 27, 2011
Congratulations. God is faithful.

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING!! See The Biggest Baby In The World / She Needs Your Advice / A Snake Came Out From Her Vagina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.