Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) (23509 Views)

Man Arrested For Armed Robbery - A Day After Reporting Robbers To Police. Photo / Notorious Cultists Who Killed 11 People In Kwara State, Arrested By Police. PICS / Lady Reveals What Policeman Told Her After Reporting About Her Stolen Iphone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by CastedGist: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2019
Ayodeji Felix Olaniyi, a corps member serving in Abak, Akwa Ibom State, is currently behind bars over a fraudulent payment he received from a person he allegedly sold bitcoin to.
In a mail received some hours ago, while giving an insight into what led to Olaniyi’s arrest, one Olowoleye Olayinka wrote: “Olaniyi was arrested on the 14th of January 2019 (Monday).
He is into selling of bitcoin. He sold bitcoin to a client who resides in Delta State. The client hacked a woman's UBA account in the same Delta State to pay him through mobile transfer to his GTB.
He noticed the name of the client who bought the bitcoin is different from the account name that paid him. He quickly went to police station (A) Division Uyo, on the 12th January 2019 to lay a complain to DPO about the transaction. .
The DPO was not on seat so he met with IPO and wrote down a statement. On 14th January 2019 (Monday), he went back to the police station (A) Division Uyo, to ensure the DPO was aware of the statement he wrote. .
However, the DPO advised him to go to his bank and confirm the transaction and to also give him feedback of what happened. But on getting to the bank, he discovered his account was frozen. .
The bank then held him and police from (C) Division at Aka Etina Road, later arrested him and nothing has been done about it. The owner of the hacked account who raised the alarm that led to his arrest, is nowhere to be found till date.”

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/corps-member-arrested-after-reporting-suspected-fraud-to-the-police

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by CastedGist: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2019
cool angry
Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by CastedGist: 10:30am On Jan 17, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by tooth4tooth: 10:48am On Jan 17, 2019
Nigeria police undecided undecided

12 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by decatalyst(m): 10:58am On Jan 17, 2019
Something is fishy...i hope he wasn't trying to set up an alabi? grin alibi. (this nonsense keyboard wee not put me into trouble one day)

Just thinking out loud tho

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by earthsync(f): 11:21am On Jan 17, 2019
Sorry brother, this country system failed you.

18 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Tamarapetty(f): 11:54am On Jan 17, 2019
Worst country, worst government. . . It's quite pathetic!

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Hector09(m): 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
Crime pays in nigeria than being civil, if u want to be a gud boy in naija do it at ur own risk

29 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Lucifer66(m): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2019
When the vice president and president of this nation are fraud stars who have embezzled money, What do you expect from the police?
Crime pays, This is the real world and Africa as a continent!

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by chloride6: 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
Learner grin grin grin

Legalwealth come and see learner

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Slynation(m): 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
Anytime i see any negative news about any Akwa Ibom corpers.... I will just hope My sister ain't the one grin

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by nitharaey(f): 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
Sorry bro, you shoulda known better.
Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by chloride6: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
earthsync:
Sorry brother, this country system failed you.

Will you shutup?

KYC is your responsibility
Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by konfused: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
decatalyst:
Something is fishy...i hope he wasn't trying to set up an alabi?

You read too much James Hadley Chase. grin grin

A normal Nigerian wouldn't even think of setting up an alibi if he is complicit in the crime, he will just hide or run away.

9 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hector09:
Crime pays in nigeria than being civil, if u want to be a gud boy in naija do it at ur own risk
You don mean it?
Until you sleep cell for 1 week
You will change your statement

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by symbianDON(m): 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
decatalyst:

alibi brossssssss!!!

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Mitchewww(m): 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
Failed system

Failed leaders

Mitchewww

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Ayoswit(f): 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
Chai! there was a country.
Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Jaqenhghar: 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
See shithole. You arrest a man for tryi g to make society better. I remeber the story of a boy who gave information to some soldiers about a planned raid on their unit. Instead of taking measures they punished the boy

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ayoswit:
k
For kolanut
Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by jeremylawrence(m): 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
good afternoon guys, please I need help on how to earn a little income to sustain myself in school. am currently a 200level student studying Theatre and film studies in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
I am still yet to pay my school fees and have been doing some menial jobs around my neighborhood. please, help me out.
Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2019
Afonja
Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Xisnin(m): 12:36pm On Jan 17, 2019
decatalyst:

You mean he hacked the account and sent the money to himself?
He must be the dumbest criminal around.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by AnanseK(m): 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
decatalyst:

You mean alibi? Alabi is my friend ooo!

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by RZArecta2(m): 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Get a lawyer
Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Beetobee(f): 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
decatalyst:

Alabi indeed! grin

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by DeepNuggets: 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2019
decatalyst:

And Alani too

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by Nicklaus619(m): 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2019
My people perish for lack of knowledge, this case is quite simply to unravel. The bank don't have any reason to arrest the guy, having worked in a back for 10years now and with my little experience, if the owner of the account reports an unknown transaction, what the bank do is to put a red alert and post no debit on the account making it impossible to do any transaction accept for making deposits.
1. The police should investigate his account statement and see if there is any previous transaction with the other account hacker.
2. Confirm the genuineness of the transaction wether the said transaction was rely base on bitcoin
3. If the above information is correct, then they should release the young man and go for the principal suspect, or track him with his phone number and arrest him. Shikina, person can't come and be paying for another person crime.

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by WaffenSS(m): 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
1. You order for goods from the US through Amazon, goes to 2 other countries in Europe, takes 3 days to reach you

2. You order for goods from Lagos via Jumia and Konga, takes more than a whole week to reach you.

Nigeria is a bloody joke.

Meanwhile...poor Corper.

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Corper Arrested After Reporting Suspected Fraud To The Police (Pics) by bugggg: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2019
Na police set am up. The owner of the said account didn't show up yet.... e don first write statement give them details. Naija

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Recover Weapons / Kolawole Okunola: How I Escaped Beheading By Mob In Bayelsa / Two Nigerian Men Arrested With Cocaine In India (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.