Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? (18783 Views)

Pay Rise: FG Excludes State Universities, ASUU Kicks / List Of State Universities In Nigeria / David Ibiyeomie Letter To Nigerian Universities On Sexual Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by visijo(m): 8:42am On Jan 18, 2019
They are not autonomous
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by eslason(m): 8:42am On Jan 18, 2019
Some state universities are just jobless
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by lasmile(f): 8:44am On Jan 18, 2019
Hello there,

*The Top-Up (Degree and HND Conversion) Programme*

BBSBC Consults has introduced a new platform for Nigeria graduates in a bid to remedy the results of those who graduated in poor grades. It was introduced to remedy the results of those who were unable to standout academically during their first degree due to one challenge or the other.

Top-Up degree or HND Conversion programme is suitable for the following types of students;

1. HND students planning to convert to BSc
2. BSc 3rd class
3. Drop outs
4. Those who wish to change programme
5. Those with good grades but wish to possess dual degree (a new degree in another programme) to enable him / her compete favorably to jobs.

BBSBC Consults brings *HEGT University, Benin Republic* closer to you and its now your choice to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.

HEGT University, Benin republic is one of the finest institutions in Benin republic that is fully equipped for teachings, fully accredited by Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria. Accepted also for NYSC and employment in Nigeria.

Details;
a. Lectures: holds in Nigeria, online and exams online
b. Pass assurance
c. Affordable tuition
d. Duration is 6-8 months (Accelerated 2 semesters)
e. Partnered Institution: HEGT University, Benin Republic.

For details contact;

BBSBC Communications, 3, Akinsola Akingba Street, Baruwa-Ipaja, Lagos. Call / Chat 09026858400.
If God has blessed you and you are not in the class of the above graduates, kindly Re-Broadcast to your contacts, someone might be in need of it.
Thanks,
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Fairgodwin(m): 8:44am On Jan 18, 2019
W
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by linzeze(m): 8:45am On Jan 18, 2019
writerights:

FG doesn't release it to ASUU, it releases it to federal universities directly.
Stop typing trash

2 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Sportwin(m): 8:47am On Jan 18, 2019
linzeze:

Did i Mention ASUP in my post??

FG is servicing 60% of State Univerisites budget.
If states Universities are really that independent of FG sponsorship,there is no need being in ASUU.but that is not the case.

If FG stop funding state Universities,School fees would be as high as 200k and above.That is,if the state really want to produce quality graduates.

So you think States are funding their Universities Independently grin grin

hw much do u think state skuls charge at the moment

i pay over 200k oo
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by linzeze(m): 8:48am On Jan 18, 2019
Sportwin:

i pay over 200k oo
I pay over 50k in a Fed
LASU pays 25k as a State University.
Fees Must vary from Fed to Fed,State to State

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by adewalle1(m): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2019
when them go call off strike, that's my concern abeg
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Sportwin(m): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2019
[quote author=linzeze post=74874887]
I pay over 50k in a Fed
LASU pays 25k as a State University.
Fees Must vary from Fed to Fed,State to State[/quote

ok check d infrastructure in those skuls

and check d ones we pay over 200k for nothing worthwhile

shey 200k and 50 b mate?
plus other small small levy o
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Lisaint(m): 8:52am On Jan 18, 2019
writerights:

I asked what benefit the state schools are getting. Is that too be a question to ask?

Where did you think TETfund is coming from?
Needs ASSEMENT nko

Almost all infrastructures in states universities are constructed using funds from FG

Which was made possible as a result OF ASUU struggle

Imagine State universities without TETfund among others..

The state governors are not ready to fund their institutions

If state uni are to wait for state government
My brother nah sun we wey dey state uni for dey receive lecture

About those that did not join like lautech

They are paying fine to the National body

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Jolade27: 8:53am On Jan 18, 2019
I laff o, make i jejely dey luk
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Omololu001: 8:56am On Jan 18, 2019
writerights:

FG doesn't release it to ASUU, it releases it to federal universities directly.
you don't know what you're talking about guy grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by linzeze(m): 8:56am On Jan 18, 2019
[quote author=Sportwin post=74874995][/quote]
If your 200k doesn't yield anything,its the fault of the adminstration.
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Jolade27: 8:56am On Jan 18, 2019
Sportwin:

i pay over 200k oo
Wetin den dey use d money wey tetfund dey giv dem do
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Miraxy(m): 8:57am On Jan 18, 2019
Is it 2ru dat even doz fed. Uni. Dat did not partake in the strike will still recieve a share of de money
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by ralph28(m): 8:58am On Jan 18, 2019
Will I be right to call the State University lectures ZOMBI?

Follow follow

They gain nothing by participating and gain a lot by not participating.
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by linzeze(m): 8:59am On Jan 18, 2019
Lisaint:

Where did you think TETfund is coming from?
Needs ASSEMENT nko

Almost all infrastructures in states universities are constructed using funds from FG

Which was made possible as a result OF ASUU struggle

Imagine State universities without TETfund among others..

The state governors are not ready to fund their institutions

If state uni are to wait for state government
My brother nah sun we wey dey state uni for dey receive lecture

About those that did not join like lautech

They are paying fine to the National body
Leave that guy,i told him FG is almost Funding State Univerisites.
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 18, 2019
op u know State owned universities are public right?
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by linzeze(m): 9:00am On Jan 18, 2019
ralph28:
Will I be right to call the State University lectures ZOMBI?

Follow follow

They gain nothing by participating and gain a lot by not participating.
And who told you that?
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Apostlevincent(m): 9:01am On Jan 18, 2019
lanibi:
You're right Op. I've been thinking about this lately. Imagine EKSU is yet to conclude the 2017/18 session which started since Nov 6 2017. Despite the expensive tuition fee and other attached fees paid by the students, the management never felt the need to avoid or pull out of the strike and to think they still went on a 2months strike in 2018. Greediness and lack of proper management won't make them feel pity for the students.
This is very pathetic.

EKSU issue is beyond that, crisis deepen, no payments of workers salary at when due.
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Lisaint(m): 9:02am On Jan 18, 2019
linzeze:

Leave that guy,i told him FG is almost Funding State Univerisites.

I wonder why some undergraduate can still ask

What State Uni are gaining from National Strike When It's so clear to them in there various campuses

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by linzeze(m): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2019
Lisaint:

I wonder why some undergraduate can still ask

What State Uni are gaining from National Strike When It's so clear to them in there various campuses
Ignorance

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by JimD(m): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2019
When LAUTECH strike, that is still likely to arise soon, lasted for a year and some students died self, ASUU national went on with business as usual. What these state bodies don't know is that the national bodies get the bulk share of benefit while the state bodies get the brunt. And they just follow like zombies.
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by GistFullGround: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2019
Atiku knows what University education is that's why he established one in his home state.

Buhari does not even know the relevance of a Primary education not to talk of University.

Vote Atiku and I believe ASUU strike will cease

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Emceesaka: 9:14am On Jan 18, 2019
As a SSANU member of a federal University, Are we also going to benefit from the money recently released to ASUU as part EARNED ALLOWANCE matter?
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by otokx(m): 9:15am On Jan 18, 2019
linzeze:
One of the demands of ASUU is to increase funds in State Universities.
So that Profs in Fed and State would earn the same.
If a state University decides not to join ASUU,it is to their own detriment.
The main reason for creating State Univerisites was to enable indegines Attend Universities.
The Funding of these Univerisites rest on the State Government.But, of recent,States Could not Fund Univerisites anymore.FG had to take over.

So States Universities had to join those in Federal and Strike.

Those that opted out and those that are not part of ASUU,I Heard they usually pay a particular Amount of Money(Like Fine) inorder to continue Lectures.i stand to be corrected though.

Staff in some State universities earn more than their counterparts in Federal universities.
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by JimD(m): 9:16am On Jan 18, 2019
linzeze:

Did i Mention ASUP in my post??

FG is servicing 60% of State Univerisites budget.
If states Universities are really that independent of FG sponsorship,there is no need being in ASUU.but that is not the case.

If FG stop funding state Universities,School fees would be as high as 200k and above.That is,if the state really want to produce quality graduates.

So you think States are funding their Universities Independently grin grin

Lies! State universities are more or less being funded on their own. FG allocation like Tetfund are called intervention. Why do you think they pay more than federal universities?
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by theoldpretender(m): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2019
GistFullGround:
Atiku knows what University education is that's why he established one in his home state.

Buhari does not even know the relevance of a Primary education not to talk of University.

Vote Atiku and I believe ASUU strike will cease

1.No, ASUU strike won't cease under Atiku....and saying that Atiku is good for universities because he established one in his home state is like saying Buhari is good for universities too...since at least 4 were established under his administration.

2. The problem is, under the terms of the 2009 agreement., ASUU got a promise from FG to pay 3 trillion in extra funding for universites over the next 2 years. That funding has been beaten down to 1.1 trillion over 5 years.

3.With oil prices falling...Atiku is not going to get funding needed...

4.Plus...as far as I am concerned, Universities in Nigeria need more than 2 trillion annually just to keep fees low.

5.The real issue around the strike is that neither ASUU nor the government wants to face the cold reality of raised fees....instead they pretend we have the money, somehow...when we don't.

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 18, 2019
earned academic allowance bro. states like benue has not payed a dime
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by DEIFIED(m): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2019
is ETF not a federal government program?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASU Students Defeat U.I, Futa And Others At Inter-university Debate In Funaab / Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. / Help: A Technical School For Special(deaf And Dumb) Children Within Lag Or Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.