Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? (18819 Views)

Pay Rise: FG Excludes State Universities, ASUU Kicks / List Of State Universities In Nigeria / David Ibiyeomie Letter To Nigerian Universities On Sexual Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by professorchuks(m): 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
linzeze:

Thinking States fund their Universities Independently means you don't know what you are talking about.

DELSU is not on strike doesn't mean the Lecturers don't connect with ASUU directly or indirectly.
No Man is an island you know.

Oga stop speaking English. DELSU no dey go strike. It remains the best university in Nigeria. Kee ursef by ursef
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Pacesetter123(m): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
Emceesaka:
As a SSANU member of a federal University, Are we also going to benefit from the money recently released to ASUU as part EARNED ALLOWANCE matter?
No,unah no go follow chop am lai lai!
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by WetinUGain: 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
linzeze:

You pay more doesn't necessarily mean FG intervenes Less in your school.One thing you need to know is that,Funding comes from different angle.Feds attract funding(home and abroad) more than states.
Whatever thing you want to call it,just know FG funds 40-60 % of State Universities budget except maybe states that are well to do.

Oga,u just posting trash....Federal government doesn't contribute a dime to state owned institution.State govts and d respective schools are responsible for their day to day running.some are on sharing basis:70:30 or 60:40. Federal government doesn't contribute to the overheads of any state schools.

PTDF and ETF are intervention funds dt can be accessed by any govt schools for development and research.It is not free for all,u have to apply and many of it are laying fallow.Private institutions have stated clamouring to be granted access to it...You can use Google to find out why and how money is being generated into d account.

The OP is right and u are wrong.Fed. doesn't contribute to state Universities. The OP raised valid points,just look at it and proffer solution or contribute.Not to come online and be saying what is not.
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by linzeze(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
WetinUGain:

Oga,u just posting trash....Federal government doesn't contribute a dime to state owned institution.State govts and d respective schools are responsible for their day to day running.some are on sharing basis:70:30 or 60:40. Federal government doesn't contribute to the overheads of any state schools.

PTDF and ETF are intervention funds dt can be accessed by any govt schools for development and research.It is not free for all,u have to apply and many of it are laying fallow.Private institutions have stated clamouring to be granted access to it...You can use Google to find out why and how money is being generated into d account.

The OP is right and u are wrong.Fed. doesn't contribute to state Universities. The OP raised valid points,just look at it and proffer solution or contribute.Not to come online and be saying what is not.
Okay. grin
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by linzeze(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
professorchuks:

Oga stop speaking English. DELSU no dey go strike. It remains the best university in Nigeria. Kee ursef by ursef
Okay grin
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by IprintMONEY: 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
Brukx:

Lol. You think school fees can fund the institution for a whole year. You have any idea how many staffs are employed by the institution?

By the way, not all of the school fees is allocated to the institution. Check the IGR of your state
i just asked a simple question lol.
what do they use the school fees for?
cos since they started advocating for structuring universities, the money they have collects as school fees and levies should have been ok for them to fund those projects. i am not talking about salaries
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Emceesaka: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2019
Pacesetter123:
No,unah no go follow chop am lai lai!

Oga abeg I need money. If SSANU members are not in the office, who will pay ASUU members salary?
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Nwabundo38(f): 9:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
Sportwin:

what do state uni stand to gain from paricipating in strikes

dominique

justwise

Richiez, Fynestboi, olawalebabs

move to frontpage

lets have a answers to this

modified
graced fp

some pple commenting if fg doesnt fund state schools school fess is going to be as high as 200k

ok

pls ask osustech why their school fees is 200k already when fg/state is still funding them abi have they stopped already

make una hlp me drop more state unis that pay more than 200k
we pay 402,300 at Anambra state university for medicine while the rest of the students don't pay up to 200 thousand. I have been wondering why I will pay such amount and they still have the mind to keep me at home. it's just too painful. even with the 402,300 we still have problem with cadavas. faculty looking so unkempt.
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Sportwin(m): 9:26pm On Jan 18, 2019
Nwabundo38:

we pay 402,300 at Anambra state university for medicine while the rest of the students don't pay up to 200 thousand. I have been wondering why I will pay such amount and they still have the mind to keep me at home. it's just too painful. even with the 402,300 we still have problem with cadavas. faculty looking so unkempt.
my point exactly
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by arinzos(m): 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
Nwabundo38:

Maybe the Money is not enough na.
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Nobody: 2:22am On Jan 19, 2019
Nwabundo38:

And the worst thing about it is that the school is partially accredited and may lose it at anytime without warning
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 19, 2019
The main reason why state universities join ASUU national is because of solidarity. For those saying why Delsu pull out, they pull out because of internal crisis. They don't have chairman at the moment couple with the fact that they two factions.
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by otokx(m): 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2019
linzeze:

Staff in the same Level and cadre?

Yes
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by linzeze(m): 4:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
otokx:

Yes
Okay.Give me an Example
Re: Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? by Tylerfitnesss: 7:52am On Jan 20, 2019
Don't just sit at home. Join the team of great enterpreneurs like you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abducted Students, Staff Of Nigeria Turkish School released / NUC Scraps PGDE Training For Lecturers With Phds Dailytimes.ng / Facts About Nigeria's "Poor" Education System That Will Make You Agree With ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.