Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,883 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa (28668 Views)

Ambrose Alli University Staff Protest Over 11 Months Unpaid Salary / WARNING: Don’t Come To Crawford University In Igbesa / Samuel Ogunlana: Crawford University Best Graduating Student Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by Mtbail: 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
That is what becomes the order of the day when a glorified secondary school become a tertiary institution
Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by dochenaj: 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
Those shouting "try this in saner climes and be sued", you have to realize that somewhere in their code of conduct they might have specified that long beards is unacceptable within the school compounds. And it is a breach for any student to walk about with long beards.
Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by Apus: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
Newboss:
He should also shave the ladies' hair. How long will people miss it. Beard and testosterone go hand in hand. It's what nature places on you as a man. Take it and groom it as you wish. Stop shaming people over what is natural angry

Boss me no understand again ooo.

We too dey attach sentiment to every thing.

The more i shave sef d more d beards dey vex dey grow back.
Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by Diana1992: 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
I was a young man who had just graduated medical school. I was forced to do it because my parents had always wanted me to be a doctor and bring pride to my family. I had always wanted to be a professional golfer. The only problem was that I wasn’t very good. Source: https://newyorkessays.com/essay-a-literary-analysis-of-margaret-atwoods-happy-endings/

I was walking home late one evening, after a long day of work, when I saw a group of men harassing a lady on the street. The lady was gorgeous, wearing a beautiful blue dress that was impossible to ignore. Like the stereotypical Bollywood hero, I fought off her attackers and won her affection.

Over the next few weeks, we got to know each other well. We spent all of our free time together, laughing and talking all day. We were falling in love. The lady in the blue dress made me a better man. She pushed me to follow my dreams of playing professional golf and helped me realize that life is short and that being a doctor would mean that I was wasting my existence doing something that was not going to make me happy. I was spending my life making my parents happy, not myself.

We dated for a year, and were madly in love. Every night I would fall asleep with the lady in the blue dress, and every morning I’d wake up next to her. My life felt complete.

A few years passed, our relationship had gotten slightly mundane, as many tend to do. We spoke less, laughed less and joked less. I was playing professional golf and was really quite miserable at it. I hadn’t made any money on tour yet and was struggling to break even with all the traveling I had to do to stay on tour. Times were tough and things weren’t looking up. Every now and then I would reminisce about that blue dress and how, at one point in my life, it had been the answer to my toughest problems.

Time went on and things stayed the same. There was no excitement anymore, just routine. Everything that the lady in the blue dress represented to me began to fade. It no longer meant freedom, love, lust or excitement. It began to mean monotony, repeated conversations and sleeping on the far side of the bed.

Nine years into our marriage, I had a stroke of luck. I had won a PGA tour event and had been accepted to play in the Masters, one of the largest golf tournaments in the world. The Masters tournament was to start the following week. I ran home to my wife and told her about it and that I’d be playing in the tournament with all my heroes. She was excited for me, but she didn’t feel too well that day. I understood, made her some soup and tucked her in.

The Masters tournament started the following week, and I played the first round exceptionally well. My opening round of four under put me in a tie for the lead. I came home that evening, excited to tell my wife about my round. I was made uneasy by the presence of a doctor in my room, sitting beside my wife.

“I’m afraid your wife is very ill, sir.,” said the doctor. “She has a very rare condition for which no cure has been found. I am so sorry to say this, but she will die within the next three days. I advise you to stay by her side and take care of her in her final moments.”

No way I was going to sit around and do nothing! Dammit, I was going to save her life! This wasn’t any woman, this was my lady! My lady in the blue dress!

I got to work. My medical education as my arsenal, I scoured through every piece of information on her illness, gathered all the data and began running some tests. I worked for 11 hours straight and finally, came up with a potentially viable cure! (I understand that this is ridiculous, please don’t take it too seriously)

I was over the moon and couldn’t wait to go save my wife. But in that moment I had a thought. A thought that would define my very being.

“Did she really mean that much to me? I mean, we WERE in love. ARE we in love still? Does she even care about me?”

Oh these were dangerous questions to be asking at a dangerous time. In that moment I made a decision.

I promptly patented my medical cure and took out an expensive life insurance policy on my wife. I went and played the rest of the tournament, playing better golf than I had ever played before. My lead grew bigger and bigger, while my wife grew sicker and sicker. I eventually won the tournament, securing over a million dollars in prize money and much more in endorsements. My wife passed away that evening, followed by a heart wrenching funeral that not only paid for itself, thanks to the life insurance policy I took out, but also yielded a large profit that padded my bank account.

Over the next few weeks, I licensed my cure for the illness that my wife had had, making millions and millions of dollars in the process.

I wouldn’t say it was easy money. But I will say this. Life often loses its color. Most people have to settle for a life where the hues have been dampened. But maybe, just maybe, you’ll find your lady in the blue dress. I don’t know what she’ll look like, or what she’ll be like, but if she’s anything like my ‘Lady in the blue dress

It was safe to say that my teacher did not enjoy reading it as much as I had enjoyed writing it, I received a failing grade with a comment reading “This story lacks any moral direction. A story is meant to inspire and excite, not teach people that murder is OK.” That was my last bit of experimental writing for a school project.
Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by uuzba(m): 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
Dpharisee:

Keep to their rules and you will be fine, its a Christian school with their ethics. Thats why you have variety of universities to choose from
And all the apostles of Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ himself didn't have beard abi?
...and behold, no razor shall touch his face...

You didn't read that part in the Bible?

3 Likes

Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by uuzba(m): 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
dochenaj:
Those shouting "try this in saner climes and be sued", you have to realize that somewhere in their code of conduct they might have specified that long beards is unacceptable within the school compounds. And it is a breach for any student to walk about with long beards.
Well, if that is the case, then let those who want to attend abide by the rules. But never should anyone say it is because it is a Christian University. Jesus Christ did not condemn beard. He had beard, so did St Joseph his eathly dad and all the apostles and early Christians. Shaving of beared is only a common fashion not a religious obligation.

1 Like

Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by xjiggy: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2019
Where is the beard self?
Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by Colb461: 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
dis bad oh only GOD knows hw many people has made used of DAT shaking stick.
Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by alphaNomega: 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Flattino:
Na private university?

No, it's a private secondary school
Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by Toroze(m): 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
I went to a similar uni we kinda had the same issues but trust me if it went to court the student wouldn't win. It's etched into the schools rules and regulations and if you want to attend the school you must keep to it and that's all there is to it. There's no condemnation against bro g bearded. Depends on the doctrine of your church and on some issues it's to fulfill all righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by kollar22: 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2019
Glorified secondary school

IF YOU ARE A SME BUSINESS OWNER, THEN THIS SME BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION STARTER PACK IS WHAT YOU NEED IN 2019

The first thing that arguably every potential customer does to verify your business's authenticity or to get a generally idea is to check your website. You need a website more so, if yours is a small business with limited resources. This better connect your business or brand with every potential customer!

This Is Where This incredible offer comes in

WHAT YOU GET IN THIS SME BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION STARTER PACK

BEAUTIFUL WEBSITE AESTHETIC AND FUNCTIONALITIES
BUSINESS ID CARD DESIGN
BUSINESS BRAND LOGO DESIGN (A MUST FOR YOUR BUSINESS)
BUSINESS CARD DESIGN
LETTER HEAD DESIGN
2 OR 6 PAGES BROCHURE DESIGN
------------------------------------------------------
SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Hosting Space and Bandwidth)
Free Domain for 1 Year
SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
LIVE CHAT enabled on your website
Up to 10 or more official email addresses FREE
Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
Contact/enquiry form
Google map integration
Social media integration
Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!

ALL THESE PLUS MORE FOR JUST N50,000 FROM THE CUSTOMER CENTRIC ICT COMPANY THAT HAS IMPLEMENTED WEB/MOBILE APP SOLUTIONS FOR SATISFIED CLIENTS ACROSS NIGERIA, UK, USA, CANADA AND IN AFRICA. WE ARE the HOLY GRAIL of website design and development when it comes to SMEs that are starting out (and of course for far complex web projects). Once you can dream it, WE WILL ACTUALISE IT FOR YOU - GUANRANTEED!

CONTACTS AND WEBSITE ON BANNERS! LIMITED TIME OFFER!!

Re: Crawford University Staff Shaving A Student’s Beard In Igbesa by Ayobami7(m): 11:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
hmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide / Unilag Student Activist Olorunfemi Remains Suspended After Seven Semesters / Arochukwu Abia Community School Where Children Learn Under Tree, Without Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.