Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,028 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Makurdi Hotel In October - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Makurdi Hotel In October (30455 Views)

Federal Govt Completes Dualisation Of 220km Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia-Makurdi Road / Scores Killed In Road Accident Along Abuja-makurdi Road (photos) / Lady Who Was Set To Wed In October Crushed By Truck In Ajah (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 8:36am On Jan 26, 2019
nkwuocha:
Lol

You went to Benue glorified village and you're expecting a Sheraton treatment?Have you been to their laison office in Abuja?It's like a mortuary.Try enter their toilet and you realize that even roaches can have thick laps.

If not for ND oil,Benue state,Kogi and some core northern state should be used as quarantine facilities to test strange outbreaks.

My God sad shocked.... why are you this heartless, a whole State? Well bro, that's part of the issue raised, corruption has eaten deep into every institution & our morals that people in authority no longer pay attention to details anymore and nobody is asking questions
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Kpandex(m): 8:37am On Jan 26, 2019
You went to Benue glorified village and you're expecting a Sheraton treatment?Have you been to their laison office in Abuja?It's like a mortuary.Try enter their toilet and you realize that even roaches can have thick laps.

If not for ND oil,Benue state,Kogi and some core northern state should be used as quarantine facilities to test strange outbreaks.
[color=#990000][/color]

Some idiots are very easy to convince. Did he tell you the name of hotel he checked in? Makurdi is a home of good hotels, must you lie?
That axis he made mention of, there are better hotels there that he can't afford to pay, the likes of "Hally Days", Door palece and many more.
Try to verify fact before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 8:44am On Jan 26, 2019
adonainana:
This story get comma inside ooo, how come when you lodged into the hotel you didnt notice the missing net and windows, how can a hotel be beautiful in the day and suddenly at night has no facilities.

The girls that were singing on the stairs when you first entered, how come they were no longer there again. Maybe the generator became faulty and the lights went off hence the sudden appearance of mosquitoes. cos this your story get K leg oooooo.

Be realistic bro, do you go deep checking every details when you lodged in a hotel apart from hidden cameras or someone hiding in the wardrobes? How could i have known where the ladies went or that there was no net attached to the window.. Nigerians sha!

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 8:49am On Jan 26, 2019
pawesome:
Hotels wey full makurdi... Churches, hotel and beer palours are competing in makurdi.. Next time ask anybody around before going.. You just went to the wrong hotel

Sure bro, once bitten, twice shy....and by the way you are spot on with the number of beer parlour, the competition is unhealthy!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 8:54am On Jan 26, 2019
Offpoint:
What's the moral of this story? this story is as useless as buhari left ball. I wonder who pushed this to the front page.

The most important thing should have been the name of the so call hotel, but you omitted it. This thread is useless.

Bro pls take your frustration off this page and limit it to Buhari your nightmare!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by adonainana: 8:55am On Jan 26, 2019
wizzie001:

Be realistic bro, do you go deep checking every details when you lodged in a hotel apart from hidden cameras or someone hiding in the wardrobes? How could i have known where the ladies went or that there was no net attached to the window.. Nigerians sha!

My point is shabby hotels are quite noticeable from the exterior view only. It is very hard for everything to look great on the outside, only for you to retire to your room at 11pm then suddenly everywhere chaos. But my thoughts are the hotel was saving fuel or an electrical fault cos it seems there being no light being the problem afterall. Also once there is no light, there wont be water cos they have to pump water with electricity.

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 8:59am On Jan 26, 2019
HolyTitus:
Baba, kini oruko hotel nah ?.... Just the prefix and the last 2 letters of its name would be okay to serve as a wake-up call for impending Benue travellers. Ose

Baba, ti n ba daruko, mo ti ba business je fun enikan niyen, people make income from that place bro. I like to give people benefit of doubt, I believe they will improve!

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Bambambiglo: 9:00am On Jan 26, 2019
elegance101:
Oga stop insulting and face reality.......Benue is a fvcked up state with no infrastructure.

KEEP QUIET, I DON'T TALK TO ANIMALS IN THE MORNINGS
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 9:04am On Jan 26, 2019
Chi59:
I live in Benue state and I can tell you
NOTHING WORKS HERE.

Like someone stated, if not for oyel money, Benue, kogi and taraba states will not be states at all.

NOTHING WORKS IN BENUE STATE.

I served in Benue in 2012, I enjoyed the food, drinks and serenity though it was in Katsina Ala and needless to say the people are accommodating and nice. Don't know about now albeit!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2019
Twoclans:
Customer service is at an all time low in Nigeria .People take alot of things for granted in this country.

Your experience is not out of the ordinary, Most hotels are struggling to stay afloat due to the harsh economic realities in Nigeria.That is why you see some of the hotels practicing unimaginable things just to survive.

Power is a huge problem for the average business man in Nigeria,if you don't do your calculations well honestly you will just be working for PHCN.

You are so right, everyone is just trying to get by in this country, and that is why I ignored those calling for the name of the hotel, I won't be part of the pull down syndrome. The government should be blamed for all these because measures are not in place!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Tizu(m): 9:12am On Jan 26, 2019
wizzie001:
This thread was inspired by the lady who shared her experience a while ago about the heat she experienced all night in Surulere.

I had a similar experience some years back when I went to Makurdi on a routine check to supervise a project. I got to Makurdi late, so was going through the modern market road when I saw a beautiful hotel, I quickly checked in, good structure, nice furniture, neat environment and security men on standby just to mention few.

As I was being lead to my room, I saw beautiful ladies descending the steps chattering and singing, at that point I gave a sigh of relief that I'm in the right place.
My room was much spacious And every necessary gadgets for a standard room was in place with good smell. when I was left alone, i checked everywhere as thats a normal routine to avoid story that touch the heart, then later Checked into the rest room and got refreshed.

Without wasting much time, my trauma began when I tried calling the kitchen and I discovered the intercom wasn't connected, well I decided I should seize that opportunity to go on sight seeing of the environment. I really did survey the area and relaxed in some cool spot where I took 2 bottles of my usual beer and a plate of noodles as dinner.

Then i retired back to my hotel around 10pm, was I in the wrong place? The compound was dark and quiet like mortuary, I came down and ask the securities personels why there was no light, they were just mumbling inaudible things, I just left them and headed for the reception visibly angry with the aid of my phone camera to vent my anger on the receptionist. Alas, everywhere was empty and no receptionist in sight, no voice to atleast give me succor that rapture hasn't taken place.

Well, I retired back into my microwaved room, tried to open the window and realized there was no net, I ain't risking invasion of mosquitoes, I prefer heat to mosquito bite, I quickly close the window. Went to the rest room to take a shower. Alas, no water shocked, which kind wahala be this? See how I take use my hand buy trouble! I was lost in thought when the tune of mosquito jeered me back to reality.

Okay I've had enough, I wore my clothes, carried my bag and headed downstairs, it was almost 11pm at this point, I ordered the securities to open the gate, I realized they didn't even bulge, I repeated same command, Oga abeg open gate make I comot, no response. Now several thoughts started running through my mind, what if this place is a ritualist den in disguise, if I start screaming who will come to my aid as it was obvious I was the only guest that night. I was still deep in thought when the voice came, Oga no vex, we no go open this gate for you as its late already and this area is very dangerous to drive at night. shocked

I bolted back into my room with trepidation, locked the door with every available locks attached to it, I pushed the chair at the back of the door and ready for whoever that will come to say I should open. I started praying silently and reflecting on how I found myself in this avoidable mess. That was the longest night of my life as I was up all night sweating and mosquitoes feasting on my blood.

Moral of the story: Not all that glitter is gold, always endeavour to look before leaping!

Since after the Otokoto story I hardly sleep in a hotel if it's only me on the journey. I once joined touts in a Benin park which was also busy and spent the money for lodgong with them on drinks snd they gisted me through out the night and at about 4.30 am fetched me water to bath. Be wise when you are on a journey.

3 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 9:13am On Jan 26, 2019
Radiant1020:
Story story!
Story tell lie!
Lolz

Thank God you survived the night...but honestly this story is hard to believe

Well, I didn't write for you to believe, it was a personal experience I wouldn't even want my enemy to go through. Enjoy ur weekend!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Offpoint: 9:14am On Jan 26, 2019
wizzie001:

Bro pls take your frustration off this page and limit it to Buhari your nightmare!
The thread is useless sir...

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2019
Daviddson:
For all of you asking of the name of the hotel, so you guys can't read in between the lines that this is a total fiction that it's? grin. The first line already indicated that.

It wasn't a fiction bro, somethings happened and when narrated, it looked like it was made up, this write up is such!

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 9:21am On Jan 26, 2019
freshvine:
i have 2 similar case to share. one in makurdi, the second in onitsha.

i lodged in a hotel in makurdi though my 2nd night there and its a bungalow. they've this policy of putting off the gen at 11pm and this particular night was my longest. few minutes after one i was woken by a shout, then more cry, agony, pain, pleading and more cry of a guy coming from the opposite room. i supposed the victim was being slaughtered in the dead of the night. hysterically, i ran out and met not a soul at the reception, i ran towards the gate nobody meanwhile the cry intensified and i was abouting scalling the fence when a staff stroll up and convinced me its nothing out of the ordinary but a local govt chairman in benue bringing young boys to have sex with whenever he is in town.

shocked shocked.. Really? Did you still go back to the room? Things are happening in this country ooo

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 9:38am On Jan 26, 2019
mechanics:
Lolz, you should have asked questions like is there light in the hotel and if no light, will they on generator, I have been to hotels and have not regretted staying in any of them, because I do ask questions.

You are right, asking questions go a long way. But there are some hotels when u see the structure and how organized they are during the day, you won't ask questions my brother, you will just feel you've gotten to the right place, this hotel in question is such bro!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by doctore212(m): 9:39am On Jan 26, 2019
galaxi:

Big lie,name the hotel!
And i will prove you wrong.
. Amaikpu international hotel Aba. Ngwa road. Do you need more information.
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 9:41am On Jan 26, 2019
Sagay212:
You checked in, looked around to avoid stories that touch the heart, then proceeded to the restroom to get REFRESHED... You need to explain to us what you mean by refresh...probably poo poo and shower?

Wetin you use shower? All of a sudden for night water nor dey tap again? Well whatever the case is, you have learnt your lesson.

Bro I used water that afternoon, the heater even worked fine, it was a mystery I tell you!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by showafrica(m): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2019
QuietHammer:
This reminds me when I travelled for an interview and had to sleep over in a guest house. All I heard all night from the next room was kpai-kpai-kpai grin

Ashawo no be work o

Konji go finish you that night, am sure you no sleep till morning.
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by showafrica(m): 9:44am On Jan 26, 2019
nkwuocha:
Lol

Chei see casting... Buhari is finished
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 9:47am On Jan 26, 2019
wanger50:
He must have been a fool not to ask about how long they have light there and for refusing to tell us the name of the hotel,he is just a cheap liar

It's very wrong of you to have used such foul language, can't u deliver ur message without such? This is not a faceless forum bro, be careful of your utterances because you don't know who is who. Good luck!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 9:50am On Jan 26, 2019
doctore212:
Lodged in a hotel in Aba, the receptionist gave me sniper and a stick. And I asked her why. She said incase iff I see snake then I could use the stick and sniper for bedbug. Did I forget the London made rat catcher. Terrible

Hahahaha.... I refuse to believe your tale bro though it cracks me up real bad!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by mechanics(m): 9:53am On Jan 26, 2019
wizzie001:

You are right, asking questions go a long way. But there are some hotels when u see the structure and how organized they are during the day, you won't ask questions my brother, you will just feel you've gotten to the right place, this hotel in question is such bro!
You are right bro, we learn everyday.
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by freshvine(f): 9:56am On Jan 26, 2019
some few years back, i was travelling to onitsha from port harcourt and cos no late bus the driver informed us he will do a detour in ideato, a place off the major road. we left ph around 6pm and 45 minutes into the journey, our vehicle broke down...to cut a long story short we got to onitsha after 12am. after rejecting the peoples club hotel,i realized the hotel i paid for were the headquater of bakasi boys were they do their sacrifices and protections before going out for work in the night. 2 juju priets and over 50 boys filed past me in the reception at about 1:30am...i was later told owner of the hotel is a leader of the boys

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wizzie001(m): 10:08am On Jan 26, 2019
freshvine:
some few years back, i was travelling to onitsha from port harcourt and cos no late bus the driver informed us he will do a detour in ideato, a place off the major road. we left ph around 6pm and 45 minutes into the journey, our vehicle broke down...to cut a long story short we got to onitsha after 12am. after rejecting the peoples club hotel,i realized the hotel i paid for were the headquater of bakasi boys were they do their sacrifices and protections before going out for work in the night. 2 juju priets and over 50 boys filed past me in the reception at about 1:30am...i was later told owner of the hotel is a leader of the boys

Whew... you are lucky that night, I must tell you!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 26, 2019
grin
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by drake2(m): 10:20am On Jan 26, 2019
bigiyaro:
na so madness dey carry start. And this same ND is the most backward part of the country, 80% wrecthed fishermen and the rest are cultists, militants and lazy youths. i hope you monkeys have contained the monkey pox.

Was this really necessary?. Except you are talking to Persons who are not widely traveled in Nigeria, your narratives about Niger Delta are not true. Wow!; for every 100 Persons in ND, 80 are Fishermen?

I do not know where and when we lost in Nigeria.

I am from there, and I know the things you typed there are false.

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 26, 2019
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by bigiyaro(m): 11:41am On Jan 26, 2019
drake2:

Was this really necessary?. Except you are talking to Persons who are not widely traveled in Nigeria, your narratives about Niger Delta are not true. Wow!; for every 100 Persons in ND, 80 are Fishermen?

I do not know where and when we lost in Nigeria.

I am from there, and I know the things you typed there are false.
did you read the post i quoted?
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by Tinyemeka(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2019
freshvine:
i have 2 similar case to share. one in makurdi, the second in onitsha.

i lodged in a hotel in makurdi though my 2nd night there and its a bungalow. they've this policy of putting off the gen at 11pm and this particular night was my longest. few minutes after one i was woken by a shout, then more cry, agony, pain, pleading and more cry of a guy coming from the opposite room. i supposed the victim was being slaughtered in the dead of the night. hysterically, i ran out and met not a soul at the reception, i ran towards the gate nobody meanwhile the cry intensified and i was abouting scalling the fence when a staff stroll up and convinced me its nothing out of the ordinary but a local govt chairman in benue bringing young boys to have sex with whenever he is in town.

Like seriously?!!
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by sureteeboy(m): 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
kendiddy:
is it that Ace of spade hoe (Anastasia tyohuna) your brother married sorry for him,i fingered that girl in my car but could not proceed cos her *ussy smells like rotten fish wch club boy bouncer or Dj doesnt knwo her
back to your story i can see that y'all are bent on painting that town in a bad light,the hotels you mentioned here are 18th century hotels and judging from that i can tell that your budget fr accommodation was 1500, cos makurdi has top standard hotels dt u will wish u stayed longer, what happened to trust resort ,kimbis ,benue hotels ,doo palace to say the least

But how are you so sure it's this exact Lady? At least, she couldn't had been the only one who got married Makurdi that same day
Re: Makurdi Hotel In October by wanger50(m): 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2019
wizzie001:

It's very wrong of you to have used such foul language, can't u deliver ur message without such? This is not a faceless forum bro, be careful of your utterances because you don't know who is who. Good luck!
I have learnt.I was just overtaken by emotions. Thanks for your kindness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Family Car Plunges Into Lagoon In Lagos, Wife And Child Die (Photos) / Major Cities Of The World: {pictures} / Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.