Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) (54928 Views)

2023: ARISE News Presidential Debate (Live Updates) / 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) / Biography Of Elishama Rosemary Ideh, Female 2019 Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by bighorlus(m): 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2019
SPDAZZY:
Two sides of a bad coin, a pot and a kettle? shocked

It is really HOT!!!

PS: Why are the breaks mostly for Buhari's re-election campaign advert? Even during this presidential debate.

because they paid heavy for the ads
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by bighorlus(m): 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2019
SPDAZZY:
Two sides of a bad coin, a pot and a kettle? shocked

It is really HOT!!!

PS: Why are the breaks mostly for Buhari's re-election campaign advert? Even during this presidential debate.

because they paid heavy for the ads
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by blacksta(m): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2019
Atiku missed a big opportunity to show case himself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 19, 2019
itsmeurLady:
Let's not deceive ourselves... Even after these 3 candidates talk, people will not vote for them no matter how sensible they sound. The main candidates here are buhari and atiku weather we accept it or not and I think that's the reason atiku left. Why will the president dodge a debate? Wat is he trying to tell us? That's the question we should be asking... At least atiku showed up at the venue but what did your president do?

I'm really excited over the points these 3 have been throwing... one of these is Artificial intelligence. Nigerians however are too dumb and will go ahead to vote nonsense. The number of Olodos in Nigeria is dangerous.

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by Florblu(f): 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
somehow:
Being abusive doesn't make you intelligent, only exposes your mental deficiency.
You obviously didn't watch the candidates which was more direct than this, only difference has to do with single candidate and not multiple at once.

My statement was in a context but i guess your IQ isn't matured enough to dissect that.

Your attempt in trying to defend the gibberish you typed from your second hand valued brain is lame.
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by gentlegenius(m): 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
uboma:

Wrong! Two wrongs do not make a right...

That PMB is absent at the debate is not enough excuse for Atiku to shun the debate.

That the Presidency made such careless statement does not imply that the three presidential candidates who showed up for the debate are not sensible.....

Atiku goofed!
Point of correction... Atiku didn't shun the debate. He respected the other candidates by going there.
Buhari's right hand man insulted the other candidates by calling them political dwarfs.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by FocusedB1h(f): 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
To be honest, choosing btw buhari and Atiku is like picking the lesser evil.
In a saner clime, I would have voted for moghalu or sowore but I don’t want my vote to waste this time around.
Atiku is the only one who can challenge buhari in the polls in this forthcoming elections.
Say what you want about Atiku, but I’m voting him cos he’s a very intelligent man, is business savvy, healthy, presentable and most importantly he’s not a tribalist.
Buhari is the opposite of all this things I’ve mentioned, his government was the most divisive Nigeria ever had.
Let’s put Nigeria in prayers, cos I swear if buhari wins this election, I’ll give up on this country completely and start processing my visa to Canada.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by bighorlus(m): 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
blacksta:
Atiku m
issed a big opportunity to show case himself

That's what I feel too. It was his opportunity to shine but seems he has nothing to say
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by Mkmoney(m): 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
blacksta:
Atiku missed a big opportunity to show case himself
He has been to america and he's back what more do you people want?

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by symbianDON(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2019
in saner countries, as a result of their actions towards this debate, neither of the duo of buhari and atiku would have scored more than 5% of the votes in the forthcoming elections....in Nigeria, the duo can't be bothered because they know debates don't win elections.....rigging does!

9 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by azpekuliar: 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
veron007:

Bro there is no electoral college in Nigeria. Highest vote wins the election.

... plus 50% of the votes in 2/3 of the states which is akin to what the electoral college strives to achieve - to check what effect the votes from a ‘malicious majority’ will have on results.
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
FocusedB1h:
In a saner clime, I would have voted for moghalu or sowore but I don’t want my vote to waste this time around.
Atiku is the only one who can challenge buhari in the polls in this forthcoming elections.
Say what you want about Atiku, but I’m voting him cos he’s a very intelligent man, is business savvy, healthy, presentable and most importantly he’s not a tribalist.
Buhari is the opposite of all this things I’ve mentioned, his government was the most divisive Nigeria ever had.
Let’s put Nigeria in prayers, cos I swear if buhari wins this election, I’ll give up on this country completely and start processing my visa to Canada.

This is what I have been trying to say. I would have voted Hashim. However I know my vote will be a waste. This is a horrible situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by b03liberty(m): 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
emeraldlife:
I think Nigerians need to be politically educated. How can these
candidates of APC and PDP be absent from this presidential debate? What do they take everyone of us for, illiterates?

I'd rather sleep at home that to vote for APC or PDP.
No. Let vote any other good alternative please. Let popularize the political party. ...like those other old waste party
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by RichardKajola(m): 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
This is an embarrassment and complete show of disrespect to Nigerians. This shows how Buhari's and Atiku value Nigerians. It's time to vote out these people that have proven over and over again that they are unfit for the post of the president.
I stand with Fela Durotoye for a New Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by Alexandro15: 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2019
Atiku is wise in not debating. If he had gone for the debate , the shameless APC members would have followed him up after the debate, words for words and use it against him.

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by blacksta(m): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2019
Mkmoney:

He has been to america and he's back what more do you people want?

Bro what has America got to do with showcase himself to Nigerians ... Why should anybody vote for a candidate who cant be bothered to show up for a very important debate

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by somehow: 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2019
So far so good, did you see any of them attacking or countering eachother? so where is the debate here? they all wanted Buhari to be there so they can heap blames on him and Atiku simply ran because the absence of Buhari means the fire is going to be turned on him for being part of the rot for 8 years out of the 16 unproductive years.

I guess your brain can't phantom this.

BIAFRONIGERIAN:

Can you just read that crap you typed "CANDIDATES"
Which candidate did Buhari debate with, is it Osibanjo
Zombie

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by joefazee(m): 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2019
Atiku left after a few minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtBXwFxxc5U
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by somehow: 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2019
Go and play with sand.
Florblu:

Your attempt in trying to defend the gibberish you typed from your second hand valued brain is lame.

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by Goke7: 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2019
Atiku has finally played and dribbled his fans like messi, we all knew PMB was not going to attend this debate before now but Atiku just like Amaka, o disappoint o

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by Mkmoney(m): 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2019
blacksta:

Bro what has America got to do with showcase himself to Nigerians ... Why should anybody vote for a candidate who cant be bothered to show up for a very important debate
He showed up!
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by rOsy247(f): 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2019
Please I just tuned in. Who knows if buhari has spoken
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by ItzBIM(m): 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
FocusedB1h:

You are the type of people that made Nigeria an insane country

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by ItzBIM(m): 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2019
Sowore 2019

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 8:39pm On Jan 19, 2019
somehow:
So far so good, did you see any of them attacking or countering eachother? so where is the debate here? they all wanted Buhari to be there so they can heap blames on him and Atiku simply ran because the absence of Buhari means the fire is going to be turned on him for being part of the rot for 8 years out of the 16 unproductive years.

I guess your brain can't phantom this.

Had it been Atiku debated without Buhari, I would have personally withdrawn my support and that of my subjects.
I don't follow a masquerade people can easily push about without fear.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by sophiathefirst: 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
ItzBIM:
Sowore 2019
where is Sowore
And u ve 3 people that showed up and u 're shouting Sowore. Who is he cause I don't know him
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by sophiathefirst: 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
rOsy247:
Please I just tuned in. Who knows if buhari has spoken
He is speaking from his house cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by twixx(f): 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
This moghalu I like him

1 Like

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by rOsy247(f): 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
sophiathefirst:

He is speaking from his house cheesy cheesy grin grin

Are you serious abi na joke
Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by ItzBIM(m): 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
sophiathefirst:

where is Sowore
And u ve 3 people that showed up and u 're shouting Sowore. Who is he cause I don't know him

Sowore is a fearless and closest challenger to apc and pdp...but they illegally excluded him from the debate with no clear reasons.

You can watch his videos on YouTube. U will be inspired

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2019
Let's just conclude the election tonight. Fela Durotoye as President, Professor Kingsley Moghalu as Vice President and Oby Ezekwesili as Senate President...

6 Likes

Re: 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) by kaybaba25(m): 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2019
so far with the absence of PmB and Atiku the three other candidates are doing well buhari and Atiku should hide their face

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Governor Ben Ayade, A Student Of UNICAL, Storms School In His Convoy / Lawan Forgets Abaribe’s Resignation Letter At Home / Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.