Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why (56694 Views)

PVC Collection: Saraki Reacts As INEC Extends Deadline, States Why / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Absence From Presidential Debate / Atiku Issues Statement On Absence From Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by shizzy7(f): 10:57am On Jan 19, 2019
fk001:

Debate doesn't make someone to win election.

Even if Buhari would be rated the least among the presidential candidates, we will still vote for him no two ways about it.
Oga, who are the 'we'? You better learn to speak for yourself

1 Like

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by elganzar(m): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2019
what's that cliche saying..

"You can't give what you don't have"...

Person wey no get sense, no go like go party wey dey for sensible people

The moment he said he was gonna privatize NNPC, even after juxtaposing with NEPA...I gave up

Cos over 3years them don sell NEPA, shey light dey your house like this??...Power supply is worse compared to before

That one never spoil reach una, na NNPC remain...kuku sell us

then is he selling it to see

Remember Obasanjo's - Operation Feed the Nation, when he left power the name changed o
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by deboysben(m): 11:05am On Jan 19, 2019
Naajjii:

Very easy to spot them, IPOB or IPOB related you are!!
am allergic to zombie
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by deboysben(m): 11:07am On Jan 19, 2019
hustler86:

HUG
Think well before you comment... Oponu
I don't have plenty time for apc rendered zombie
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by KilmerRougeDon: 11:08am On Jan 19, 2019
Jubril is a shameless coward. He knows he will wreck himself up if attends that debate. That is why he will never attend, even if one is pointing a nuclear warhead at him. 9ja folks, if una like make u go lick this vomit a second time. Na una go suffer am.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by bishopkay: 11:09am On Jan 19, 2019
seunmsg:

You and your candidate should be ashamed of yourselves for coming up with this silly excuse. Ivy Ezekwesili, Fela Durotoye, and Moghalu will be at debate. Atiku should go ahead and debate them. Tell him to stop hiding behind Buhari’s finger. He must attend the debate as promised.

Then you and your demented party and candidate should be much more ashamed of yourselves and hide your faces.

A "sitting President" who's afraid of going on a neutral ground debate to enlighten the electorates on why he should be returned to power. Hiding behind his handlers and hailed on by his zombies. If buhari would debate then Atiku would...cry me a river I don't care...I stand by what my Atiku says on this matter.

If the other candidates like they should go on the debate after all sagay just called them dwafts to all y'all zombie glee

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Bennycollins: 11:11am On Jan 19, 2019
You are absolutely right. You can't remove pests by turning to pest.
SalamRushdie:

Atiku owes the electorate an appearance at that debate and not the senile useless Sagay

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by bluecircle470: 11:13am On Jan 19, 2019
Gandollar:
This is very welcome!

Imagine a white-washed old sepulchre like buhari who was helped to power by the likes of Tinubu and the same Atiku after serial failures calling an eminent personality like Atiku a political dwarf??

If Atiku is not seeing other candidates as a dwarf then he should attend the debate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by concordetz: 11:13am On Jan 19, 2019
Did Buhari attend the 2015 debate ? Was the sitting President Jonathan politically dwarf then? Sagay should tell us the truth why Buhari is running away from the debate
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by thakwatsae: 11:14am On Jan 19, 2019
pride goes before...
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by omooba969(m): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2019
deboysben:
Zombies can now hug transformer

Since buhari is dodging the debate no need for atiku

They apc and their gullible supporters said debate doesn't win election.

Meanwhile atiku have more important things to do in America to get Nigeria working again

Sai Atiku

Our incoming president

I see Atiku going the way of GEJ. smiley

Time will tell. cool
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Xkalaban(m): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2019
KilmerRougeDon:
Jubril is a shameless coward. He knows he will wreck himself up if attends that debate. That is why he will never attend, even if one is pointing a nuclear warhead at him. 9ja folks, if una like make u go lick this vomit a second time. Na una go suffer am.....

We're all in it together bro. Let's use our pvc's to expel the dullard from aso rock come next month. It's time to act for the sake of our unborn kids....

1 Like

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by RTSC: 11:15am On Jan 19, 2019
livelymatilda22:

What a wailing Zombie.... Is he debating to satisfy Itse Sagay or Nigerian voters? You are trying too hard to defend Atiku thereby making a fool of yourself
Look at the way this one is attacking atiku.

And he is supporting buhari o. The sitting president that is supposed to lead the way and show us what he has done.

Atiku has his policy frame work on his website already. It can even serve as a debate tool and a means of telling the world what he stands for without even needing to attend the debate.

Can we say the same about buhari?
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by wakes: 11:16am On Jan 19, 2019
ah!
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by jelel6: 11:17am On Jan 19, 2019
Going by the reactions through the comments I've read here ( of which most are clearly from PDP supporters ) I think prof Sagay's claim Atiku and the rest are political dwarfs has been justified.

Mind you, he didn't say educational or intellectual dwarfs oh, Before you come for me grin. Just political dwarfs.

Ironically, Atiku feels insulted by Buhari Staying away but sees nothing wrong in himself doing exactly the same thing: calling Ezekwesili, Fela Durotoye, and Moghalu his POLITICAL DWARFS.

90% percent of the comments here are commending Atiku for his insensitive position on the debate and not worrying about the other candidates.

Truth is, most Nigerians, whether educated or not are generally selfish, uncultured, insensitive, narrow-minded and above all, an unnecessary proud human being who thinks he/she is the best thing since sliced bread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by ogawisdom(m): 11:18am On Jan 19, 2019
Supported

Since Buhari won't come no need debating irrelevant candidates like fela, Kingsley and oby.

Election is between Buhari n Atiku

Debate is just an inconsequential talk show
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by bishopkay: 11:18am On Jan 19, 2019
frankmoney:
buhari is not the reason you need a debate , Nigerians need a debate so all candidates can actually share what they can offer to nigerians . Both atiku and buhari cannot stand any of the other contestants in a debate.

What ever makes you sleep at night Bro I don't care but My own personal reason for wanting to buy fuel in my generator and sub my dstv to watch this debate isn't because of some light weight contracted noise makers some of whom are mostly working for Buhari and APC to split votes and cause voter apathy, but it was to watch Atiku and Buhari then the others slug it out on a battle of wits, achievements and plans.

I am sorry you feel differently Bro but truth be told this election is between buhari and Atiku. Others are just after once presidential candidate title.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by optm(m): 11:19am On Jan 19, 2019
it baffles me some persons re in support of his intending absenteeism with a flimsy excuse as this. what a shame!! it just shows they do not respect Nigerians. every reasonable Nigerian ought not to vote for any that fails to show up fr the debate but unfortunately , most ain't.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Ovamboland(m): 11:19am On Jan 19, 2019
Gandollar:
Atiku needed buhari at that debate to show the whole world one last time how Lifeless and empty-headed the president of the most populous black nation is.

Atiku needs Buharis lack of eloquence to hide his own incompetence. He knows with Buharis absence, the other younger candidates will make mince meat of his candidature hence he can't ever attend without Buhari.

To Buharis credit, he attended the 2011 presidential debate which Jonathan avoided in order to attend interview with D'banj.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by RTSC: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2019
jelel6:
Going by the reactions of all the comments I've read here ( of which most are clearly from PDP supporters ) I think prof Sagay's claim Atiku and the rest are political dwarfs has been justified.

Mind you, he didn't say educational or intellectual dwarfs oh, Before you come for me grin. Just political dwarfs.

Ironically, Atiku feels insulted by Buhari Staying away but sees nothing wrong in himself doing exactly the same thing: calling Ezekwesili, Fela Durotoye, and Moghalu his POLITICAL DWARFS.

90% percent of the comments here are commending Atiku for his insensitive position on the debate and not worrying about the other candidates.

Truth is, most Nigerians, whether educated or not are generally selfish, uncultured, insensitive, narrow-minded and above all, an unnecessary proud human being who thinks he/she is the best thing since sliced bread.
The only people that can hold a moral high ground are the poor candidates that will attend the debate today.
They are the real heroes.

If you are a supporter of buhari, the president that ran from debate, then you don't know what is wrong with you yet.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Skengman: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2019
seunmsg:
Even Atiku wants to dodge the debate. The excuse Afegbua gave is very silly. If Buhari fails to show up for the debate, it should be a plus for Atiku and not an opportunity for him to skip the event.
Those were my thoughts as well. It’s sad, to say but the least, that the same people who say they want true change in Nigeria as the one promised by GMB was a scam are the ones clamouring for Atiku to boycott. It beats me, and I wonder if this country would ever move forward cs it appears most Nigerians (esp., the youths) have low mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by fk001(m): 11:22am On Jan 19, 2019
shizzy7:

Oga, who are the 'we'? You better learn to speak for yourself

Is not necessary you, but you know that apart from me Buhari still has supporters right?

They are the "we" i referred to.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by ogawisdom(m): 11:24am On Jan 19, 2019
bluecircle470:

If Atiku is not seeing other candidates as a dwarf then he should attend the debate.

Other candidates are irrelevant

Atiku can't debate Candidates who can't even win their LGA against him

Election is between Buhari n Atiku others are noise makers

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Skengman: 11:25am On Jan 19, 2019
jelel6:
Going by the reactions through the comments I've read here ( of which most are clearly from PDP supporters ) I think prof Sagay's claim Atiku and the rest are political dwarfs has been justified.

You most certainly, couldn’t have said it better.
Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by bishopkay: 11:27am On Jan 19, 2019
jelel6:
Going by the reactions of all the comments I've read here ( of which most are clearly from PDP supporters ) I think prof Sagay's claim Atiku and the rest are political dwarfs has been justified.

The major political dwarf here is an incumbent who is so afraid of debating the other "dwafts" whom he could easily "squash" by reeling out "achievements" of his government for the past few years.

Then at the bolded, my Atiku isn't a dwarft. If the other candidates think they are dwarfts then good for them they should go debate themselves is that too much to ask for?

BTW why are you people focused on Atiku not showing up after stating his reason which sounds very rational rather than an incumbent who rather than debate is doing all in his power to boycott the event and even insulting the others who want to?

I believe I in my personal capacity can even debate challenge and defeat Buhari in a debate so y'all should focus on the lifeless one not Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by Slynation(m): 11:32am On Jan 19, 2019
SalamRushdie:
it's very wrong for Atiku to be absent from that debate ...I understand that he is in the US but he can appeal that the debate be shifted till Tuesday so he attends!!!! this rubbish of People who want the highest seat of the land dodging debates must ASAP...its is very disrespectful....This is how Buhari refused to debate and see where we are today ....
So u expect Atiku to debate when his challenger is shying away.... Debate with who if i may ask, what point will it prove!! No Buhari No Atiku.... that's fair enough

1 Like

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by monex(m): 11:32am On Jan 19, 2019
Gandollar:
Infact all other presidential candidates should boycott too.

to be honest sagay has insulted bothe the candidates and the debate making the debate lose relevance.

I always knew PMB would avoid the debate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by datribune: 11:36am On Jan 19, 2019
Hahaha Atiku dey fear.
Hin 4 appear nah, make Ezekwesili, Moghalu & Durotoye tear am apart & remind Nigerians of Halliburton, Siemens, Jefferson case, d Panama Papers etc.
Worst would've been if Sowore of Sahara Reporters was a participant. Lol

Re: Atiku Withdraws From Presidential Debate, States Why by HomeOfMe(f): 11:37am On Jan 19, 2019
deboysben:
This is more important as at now

We are in a round table to discuss how to get Nigeria working again
Which is more important than Nigeria debate
With @atiku's picture on the wall,does it look like he went to the US as @bukolasaraki's aide according to Mgbeeke laureta onochit.?...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Was Ex-president Jonathan A Prophet When He Said This? / Patience Jonathan Bags Omuma Chieftaincy Title 'Nneoma 1 Of Omuma' (Photos) / Lets Analyze This Trekking Guy's Journey From Lagos To Abuja...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.